Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

Taking him off was a very negative substitution. Rafa wants the fans to stick

with the team. Here’s an idea; let the players try and take a game to

the opposition and feed off the crowd. All that’s happening of late is that the home crowd become unceasingly frustrated and the opposition feed off it. Taking Shelvey off smacked of an unwillingness to try and win the game.

the opposition and feed off the crowd. All that’s happening of late is that the home crowd become unceasingly frustrated and the opposition feed off it. Taking Shelvey off smacked of an unwillingness to try and win the game.

Not really, he was shit?

Not really, he was s***?

He was no more shit than some others and importantly he has the ability to pick a pass to win a game whereas someone like Diame doesn’t. That substitution smacked of a let’s not lose attitude, Rafa has to get the crowd involved and put opposition under pressure when we’re at home. We are far too easy to play at home; Swansea sat off us too deep in the first half which is the wrong thing against us and changed in the second half and we simply retreated.

Nah Diame was awful, although he did run around more. Shelvey just looks shagged whenever I watch him try and move with the ball, get back etc.

Diame was tasked with marking Bony when he came on and I thought he did alright.

Shelvey wasn't brilliant but he wasn't garbage either.

Guest Howaythetoon

Looking back, I looked at both their performances and neither were remotely good enough and it’s that engine room that is where our main weaknesses lie. Shelvey and Diame at home to Swansea? Fucking hell!

Nah Diame was awful, although he did run around more. Shelvey just looks shagged whenever I watch him try and move with the ball, get back etc.

Diame wasn't awful either, he drove us forward a lot and won his fair share of important challenges.

Gave away about 6 silly fouls, gave away the ball quite a bit etc.

He did drive us forward, but to little effect.

Including the brilliant pass he made which contributed to our equaliser?

I only watched the second half admittedly but he appears to be the only player who is spraying the ball about with real purpose for us. He's inconsistent and should definitely be registering more goals/assists, but at the moment he should be starting. We're absolutely incapable of even starting an attack without him.

Diame wasn't awful either, he drove us forward a lot and won his fair share of important challenges.

I only watched the second half admittedly but he appears to be the only player who is spraying the ball about with real purpose for us. He's inconsistent and should definitely be registering more goals/assists, but at the moment he should be starting. We're absolutely incapable of even starting an attack without him.

Spot on :thup:

Not seen it back since I got away from SJP but I thought it came from his tackle to win the ball back as well.

Not seen it back since I got away from SJP but I thought it came from his tackle to win the ball back as well.

Aye, it did.

Guest Howaythetoon

I’m talking about Diame there...

Diame was a solid 7/10 at least for me today. If it was Shelvey people would have said so. Bored of this relentless hate for Diame. It's probably fair to say he isn't very good or "the answer" but more often than not he gives it his all. People just have it in their heads that he is shit and cannot see otherwise.

7? That’s a very good performance on that kind of scale. He wasn’t shit, but he was poor to average for me.

7 may be a tad generous but he wasn't below a 5 that's for certain. Diame is just a popular hate figure is the point I am making. He was certsinky no worse than Shelvey today

Guest Howaythetoon

I thought the two combined at home was an abysmal pairing.

Out of curiosity... What would be your ideal NUFC pairing at home

I’d play the following:

Hayden

Murphy Merino Shelvey Atsu

Gayle

I’d play the following:

Hayden

Gayle

Fair dues. Don't think we've seen enough of Murphy to warrant his replacement of Ritchie like

Guest neesy111

I’d play the following:

Hayden

Gayle

Fair dues. Don't think we've seen enough of Murphy to warrant his replacement of Ritchie like

:lol: :lol:

Lets just keeping players out of faith then despite going nearly 3 months with almost no form.

Guest Howaythetoon

Murphy gives us so much more than Ritchie in every way that his exclusion at his expense is becoming bothersome and detrimental to everything.

I’d play the following:

Hayden

Gayle

[emoji38] [emoji38]

Lets just keeping players out of faith then despite going nearly 3 months with almost no form.

Not that funny tbh mate. Ritchie is like joint 8th on assists in the league (with lots on same amounts) and has done more than any of our other midfielders in terms of creating goals. So don't be a dick.