Chelsea 5-1 Newcastle United - 13/2/16 post match discontent from pg. 36

Greg

Guest neesy111

What does McClaren say before away games. We seem to take a totally different approach to the games. Even though it has never worked he Keeps sticking with it. He'll never even be a decent manager for us, even if he flukes keeping us up.

:thup: In isolation 3-0 down after twenty minutes means there is a fundamental problem with the team, shouldn't happen regardless of who we are playing. Take into account the rest of our problems under McClaren, mainly our away form, and he has got to go. Not good enough.

The problems are: Coloccini, Taylor still playing for us in central defence & us having no left backs. If he didnt want any defenders then he's certainly to blame for this one yeah.

Midfield is biggest issue.  Offered zero protection to the defense all half.

Haven't coped with Chelsea off the ball at all. They're pressing high and not giving us time on the ball either, which we've had in spades in the last 2 home games. Taylor and Tiote have been brutally exposed so far.

Correct. Any half decent team will just do this to us for the rest of the season and we'll be f***ed.

Our mentality and organisation are just so s*** though, we look fragile as f***. That should be the first thing a new manager sorts

A manager can't exactly legislate for individual f***ups 3 minutes into a game like.

What about not having a gameplan away from home, constantly conceding s*** goals and only scoring 6 away, all season?

Individual mistakes are happening quite often, it would seem. Poor ol McClaren.

He probably did have a gameplan, which was promptly thrown onto the fire after Taylor, Tiote and Elliot gifted Chelsea the first goal 3 minutes into the match. Then Aarons fluffs a simple pass only minutes later. I'm not defending our abysmal away form - or McClaren's role in it - but is it really that outlandish to suggest that the players have let the manager down in this instance?

Guest firetotheworks

Jamie Redknapp: "Worst 20 minutes I've ever seen from a Premier League side"

:spit:

What a load of shit. :lol: I've seen a worse 20 minutes in NUFC's own PL history for a start.

What does McClaren say before away games. We seem to take a totally different approach to the games. Even though it has never worked he Keeps sticking with it. He'll never even be a decent manager for us, even if he flukes keeping us up.

Im really not getting this. Bar the goals, we've not approached this anything like our recent away games. We've done s**** in defence & given the ball away. If anything we've been so exposed specifically because we're attacking more in this match.

We're trying to play the ball out slowly from the back and we're not looking to set up our attacks quickly. When Chelsea have the ball we sit off them and let their immensely talented players have space to run at us. Compare that to our home games where we aggressively press and seem to expend much more energy, it just seems like a different approach to me. Maybe I'm just frustrated with our crapness but that's how I feel about it today.

Think we've just been taken aback by the speed of their pressing. They've been onto Shelvey instantly, so there goes our playmaker. Mitrovic has met his match in Terry in terms of strength so far. After 2-0 they've no need to attack do they, so they just put men behind the ball & counter with their pace. We have no space or time on the ball.

Im really not getting this. Bar the goals, we've not approached this anything like our recent away games. We've done s**** in defence & given the ball away. If anything we've been so exposed specifically because we're attacking more in this match.

We're trying to play the ball out slowly from the back and we're not looking to set up our attacks quickly. When Chelsea have the ball we sit off them and let their immensely talented players have space to run at us. Compare that to our home games where we aggressively press and seem to expend much more energy, it just seems like a different approach to me. Maybe I'm just frustrated with our crapness but that's how I feel about it today.

This. I'm not sure what Jayson has been watching this season. But home and away, we play like two different teams.

Still. Keep making excuses and keep looking for positives. I'm sure our away form might turn around. Maybe our away goal tally will hit double figures before the end of the season :lol:

Think we've just been taken aback by the speed of their pressing. They've been onto Shelvey instantly, so there goes our playmaker. Mitrovic has met his match in Terry in terms of strength so far. After 2-0 they've no need to attack do they, so they just put men behind the ball & counter with their pace. We have no space or time on the ball.

I have to say when you get individual mistakes like we've made it definitely shakes everyone up. I feel for Aarons, he simply doesn't have the experience or particular talents to be a left back. That's even more so on a day like today with the players Chelsea have. He shouldn't play there again for us.

This. I'm not sure what Jayson has been watching this season. But home and away, we play like two different teams.

Still. Keep making excuses and keep looking for positives. I'm sure our away form might turn around. Maybe our away goal tally will hit double figures before the end of the season :lol:

Ive not said we dont. But we're not playing today like we did at Everton, is that not apparent? We're just fucking it up for completely different reasons. Im not making excuses, our defenders are awful & we should have replaced them. We all know that.

I have to say when you get individual mistakes like we've made it definitely shakes everyone up. I feel for Aarons, he simply doesn't have the experience or particular talents to be a left back. That's even more so on a day like today with the players Chelsea have. He shouldn't. Play there again for us.

Manager picks the team and you're 100% right he shouldn't have been picked.