sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nobody claimed it was in Newcastle, that's just in your head.  I claimed it was an impressive structure without any reference to its location then you replied with "shame it's not in Newcastle".

It was in a really sh*t video about Newcastle United, I just thought it was strange that a poster should have picked that structure to highlight his point. Anyway my initial comments were more tongue in cheek than serious but some people went all 'football fan' on them.

Back to football.

I'm surprised at our lack of signings considering how well Big Sam did in January. £8m for a Chelsea player I've never heard of seems to be our only real piece of business so far. I'd like to hear the chants for Papy Djilobodji especially from opposing fans if he turns out to be poor.

Nobody decent wants or has ever wanted to sign for Sunderland that's why.

Yeah I agree Defoe has been a quality signing but was past his peak and desperate to come back to England when you got him and the other few in January were relatively unknown.

I meant looking back over the years Sunderland very rarely, if not ever signed a decent player in there prime with a big reputation who other clubs were in for. Or even any up and coming too prospects. Just have always struggled to attract them to be fair.

We got some pretty decent signings in January, and Defoe last year.

Defoe was stuck over in a footballing backwater and was desperate for a return to the PL and Kirchoff was a reserve team player who never got a sniff of first team football. Agree they were both good signings mind. Can't remember who else you signed.

Yeah I agree Defoe has been a quality signing but was past his peak and desperate to come back to England when you got him and the other few in January were relatively unknown.

I meant looking back over the years Sunderland very rarely, if not ever signed a decent player in there prime with a big reputation who other clubs were in for. Just have always struggled to attract them to be fair.

But how much is that due to the fact that they have never had the funds compared to other clubs, and the fact that they haven't really had an appealing manager to work under?

I meant looking back over the years Sunderland very rarely, if not ever signed a decent player in there prime with a big reputation who other clubs were in for. Just have always struggled to attract them to be fair.

But how much is that due to the fact that they have never had the funds compared to other clubs, and the fact that they haven't really had an appealing manager to work under?

They've paid decent money in the past. Bent cost over £16m with the add ons and was a cracking player for them until it all went tits up when they racially abused his mam.

Think Defoe has done loads better than most thought, myself included. Seem to remember us laughing at the contract they'd given him etc. We'd have stayed up last season with him in our team.

<safety *mackems are all dog touchers*>

True but we have managed it quite bit but then again we have had periods of flying high like they never have.

As much as I hate them they have been in the premiership for 10 years straight with 40,000 gates surely could compete with Bournemouth Watford West Ham Stoke Southampton etc for players over the years yet they seem incapable of even doing that

We got some pretty decent signings in January, and Defoe last year.

Defoe was stuck over in a footballing backwater and was desperate for a return to the PL and Kirchoff was a reserve team player who never got a sniff of first team football. Agree they were both good signings mind. Can't remember who else you signed.

They signed #teamkone, who lerrrvvsss thee cleerb but it might be leaving to go to Everton

True but we have managed it quite bit but then again we have had periods of flying high like they never have.

As much as I hate them they have been in the premiership for 10 years straight with 40,000 gates surely could compete with Bournemouth Watford West Ham Stoke Southampton etc for players over the years yet they seem incapable of even doing that

Not really, theyre 160m in debt and are very poorly run club. Ellis Short is having to cover 30m debt each other

They only get 40k attendance due to a ridiculous amount of free tickets and cheap tickets. The gates return revenue proves that

Fair point about bent suppose he was a relatively big name and still in his prime when they signed him

Sunderland were sixth in the league and Aston Villa was in the bottom three and they still couldn't keep him :lol:

Nobody claimed it was in Newcastle, that's just in your head.  I claimed it was an impressive structure without any reference to its location then you replied with "shame it's not in Newcastle".

It was in a really sh*t video about Newcastle United, I just thought it was strange that a poster should have picked that structure to highlight his point. Anyway my initial comments were more tongue in cheek than serious but some people went all 'football fan' on them.

Back to football.

I'm surprised at our lack of signings considering how well Big Sam did in January. £8m for a Chelsea player I've never heard of seems to be our only real piece of business so far. I'd like to hear the chants for Papy Djilobodji especially from opposing fans if he turns out to be poor.

no doubt your lot will have him down as fecking brilliant, hope everton get kone, that will fook yous up

Their gate receipts are only a fraction of what the likes of West Ham and Southampton generate.

Fair point about bent suppose he was a relatively big name and still in his prime when they signed him

Sunderland were sixth in the league and Aston Villa was in the bottom three and they still couldn't keep him :lol:

Like I said I think the mackems racially abusing his mam had something to do with him wanting to leave.

Not really, theyre 160m in debt and are very poorly run club. Ellis Short is having to cover 30m debt each other

They only get 40k attendance due to a ridiculous amount of free tickets and cheap tickets. The gates return revenue proves that

The debt was about £140m last time I remember. Chickenfeed with the new TV deal.

Guest chicken little

chickenfeed, unless you plan on spending any of it upgrading (and at 2016 rates!) a squad that is absolutely creaking with garbage

chickenfeed, unless you plan on spending any of it upgrading (and at 2016 rates!) a squad that is absolutely creaking with garbage

There are still bargains out there. All we need to do is stay in the league. We don't expect to win it.

Is that really the height of ambition though? Just staying in it? You've been back in this league nearly 10 years now is it? That's terrible.

That mentality is the invisible millstone around their neck. It's been there for years and until it changes they'll circle the drain until the inevitable happens.

Is that really the height of ambition though? Just staying in it? You've been back in this league nearly 10 years now is it? That's terrible.

Sadly yes. We've not won a major trophy for over 40 years. Any ambition I had of us winning anything worthwhile dissipated a long time ago. I honestly believe that, even after what Leicester did last season.