Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Daily Mail reckon Everton want him as Martinez's replacement :(

Why post that shit, seriously?

Because it's fucking true

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3569979/Rafa-Benitez-frame-Everton-job-Toffees-eye-former-Liverpool-boss-replace-Roberto-Martinez-summer.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Not saying he will, like. Is nobody else nervous at the possibility, even if he does have history with them?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3569979/Rafa-Benitez-frame-Everton-job-Toffees-eye-former-Liverpool-boss-replace-Roberto-Martinez-summer.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Not saying he will, like. Is nobody else nervous at the possibility, even if he does have history with them?

Got to use that pic of Rafa for image of the week  :lol:

Guest Hog

He might well leave us if we got relegated but I suspect he'd rather be unemployed for a bit rather than jump in with Everton anytime soon - no way he'd do that to Liverpool imo.

He's certain to have better offers from bigger and better cubs than us regardless if we stay up or not. He's exceptional and he'll be in demand this summer and every other summer. Just got to hope that he ignores them and stays, not much more we can do. 

Not sure if this has been mentioned but so refreshing that our manager preferred to praise Darlow for saving the pen than bleating on about the referee wrongly awarding it, absolutely no mention about the decision from him at all.

He's certain to have better offers from bigger and better cubs than us regardless if we stay up or not. He's exceptional and he'll be in demand this summer and every other summer. Just got to hope that he ignores them and stays, not much more we can do.

Which Everton aren't.

Which Everton aren't.

Debatable, but wasn't really directing it at Everton tbh. :thup:

He's going to get linked with half the jobs going, better get used to it.

(He's here to stay barring shit from nutjob Ashley).

We won't be allowed to have Benitez from the media, even if he keeps us up they will start with speculation over the Spain job in the summer, then if he's still here (especially if he's doing reasonably well for us) there will be constant speculation about him going elsewhere, it will be like how when we had Owen, Ba, Cabaye, etc.

I said it before but no one listened, now before the season is out and the first run of form we have the media resorting to linking him to Everton.

Rafa will make his own decisions.  He is not a player with an agent encouraging him to move so that he can get his commission.  Media speculation will not influence his decision.

Rafa will make his own decisions.  He is not a player with an agent encouraging him to move so that he can get his commission.  Media speculation will not influence his decision.

If we give him full control and a level of financial backing I don't see him leaving. I thing he will see the potential and want to win a trophy with us.

No

The Daily Mail is a terrible outlet, but Craig Hope was absolutely bang on in terms of reporting the Rafa appointment.

Anyway, it's not surprising that they might be considering him. Whether he would go or not - if we were to go down is a different matter.

The idea of Rafa going to Everton I think is laughable, he loves Liverpool and their fans and his family live over there. I can't see him risking his reputation over there by going to Everton and after the 'small club' comment he just wouldn't be accepted by their fans.

I personally think he's staying here whether we go down or not, especially with him releasing players such as Obertan and Marv early now instead of potentially leaving them for 'the next manager' to come in and decide if they want to keep them in the Championship when we start losing players.