Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Tell you what else was mint. At the end of the game, amidst all of the adulation and name singing, he had his arm around Ayoze's shoulder and was telling him how to deal with that break at the end of the game next time to be more effective. He's effectively teaching a young player in the middle of this madness. Brilliant.

Having someone of his class and dignity permeates the whole club and city.

It does, everybody has had a lift and it's been years since we've had a manager who has galvanised everybody. I don't think I've heard a single Newcastle supporter have anything negative to say about him.

Guest Hog

Is the fact Marveaux & Obertan have been released a sign that he's staying regardless?

That's a good point, I'd over-looked that. Would love it if he stayed but I suspect Ashley will throw a spanner in the works as per usual which will result in Rafa taking his leave regardless.

Ayoze looked pretty upset coming off the pitch like. Lascelles gave him a bollocking after he messed up that break. He'll be fine

When Perez broke and lost it he was lying down on the pitch,you could see Benitez shouting vamos at him and waving his arms.Basically telling Perez to move his arse and get back into position,think he went in a bit of a huff.

I've always been strongly of the view that he'd go if we go down but I do wonder how much his warm welcome and huge support (even including the YNWA chant yesterday) will make him consider his position as there does seem to have been an instant affiliation between us and him.

Is the fact Marveaux & Obertan have been released a sign that he's staying regardless?

It could just be an extension of him getting the kids out of the training ground, they may have been going regardless so he's getting rid of distractions.  I do think he'll stay anyway, I just don't see this as a sign of it.

I've always been strongly of the view that he'd go if we go down but I do wonder how much his warm welcome and huge support (even including the YNWA chant yesterday) will make him consider his position as there does seem to have been an instant affiliation between us and him.

If we drop, he could stay and be our Shankly.