Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Pretty sure no one was ':anguish:' when Cabella joined like, everyone was buzzing we thought we'd signed a gem

I was, which was why I posted it :lol:

I like how you're currently in the Cabella thread just checking to make sure/editing/deleting. :lol:

Yes I did search. :okay:

Pretty sure no one was ':anguish:' when Cabella joined like, everyone was buzzing we thought we'd signed a gem

I like how you're currently in the Cabella thread just checking to make sure/editing/deleting. :lol:

:lol: Fair cop.

It perhaps wasn't ':anguish:', but I had absolutely no optimism. That's the point I'm making here.

Aye, all the French football 'experts' were insistent that we'd signed a worldie.

In fairness he looked great in France, doesn't mean it was going to translate but it is what it is.

It's just good to see a club being ran in a professional manner and trying to strengthen the areas that have been neglected for years. Signing defenders ffs, who would have thought you need them. Most important thing is to build an organised unit that lets the front 4/5 players worry about scoring goals. I have absolute faith we won't be a pushover based on who has signed already

I used to mock the Scousers for their 'In Rafa we trust' slogan. He's been here less than 6 months now and i totally get it.

It's the fact that he gets it that makes me trust. Rebuilding this club completely brick by brick

:lol:

Him being our manager is still such a surreal situation, yet one that seems so right. I genuinely can't remember being this excited before the start of a season since the Sir Bobby years.

Him being our manager is still such a surreal situation, yet one that seems so right. I genuinely can't remember being this excited before the start of a season since the Sir Bobby years.

Its Mad, literally gone from hating to enjoying the club again, weve just been relegated, and we are out of season, but feel like ambition has returned- Im certain Rafa wont be here without assurances on ambition, that's probs what all the delay ( of a whole week and a half? ffs lol). was about sorting.

Whatever happens, its having some ambition to try, can accept whatever comes along, its so different to not trying.

I love how he talks about Saturday's game saying it doesnt matter. But instead of the old "its about building fitness" etc bullshit that we're used to hearing he talks about getting them to put into action the things they've done on the training pitch and continuing with the things they implemented during the end of last season.