Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Hasn't he still got a load of net profit from the summer sales as well left unspent? I thought he had control over those funds, so of he gave a list of targets to Charney etc and got nothing... man I'd be p*ssed  too. 

He certainly looked pissed off about it when we got dicked by Fulham. In my view, and probably his, in large part due to our lack of penetration out wide and mobility through the middle.

The other side is he should have addressed that in the summer instead of buying keepers and defenders he didn't need and don't play. Bet he'd rethink some of his signings in hindsight.

The breakdown in communication (aka bullshit/lies, see earlier examples in today's Mirror) is what pissed Rafa off, moreso than the fact we bought no one.

I don't think the window was anything to do with that, just we didn't like what we heard from other clubs and were dicked around by palace over Townsend. Had the one transfer gone through everyone would have been happy. Margins are fine, when a club on the last day starts moving goalposts then it's always going to be tough, especially since Ashley won't back down.

If he's still here by my birthday then he's in it for the long haul but will continue to use the media to put pressure on the club. He said enough about it, then asked everyone to move on. Seems people haven't listened to that and 3 months later reading whatever they can in to it all.

He'll be here next season imo, just as I was certain he'd stay on this season and thought we'd land him at all. Just plying the game a lot better than the average fan can cope with.

We were either dicked around by Palace, or we didn't want to pay the required fee - having intimated to Rafa that we would do. It was probably the latter imo, given all of the evidence from the past.

We were either dicked around by Palace, or we didn't want to pay the required fee - having intimated to Rafa that we would do. It was probably the latter imo, given all of the evidence from the past.

I think probably a bit of both if am honest. Townsend was available for what we paid, we were interested, then we fannied around with a loan (the mistake) by the end they wanted a loan fee plus what we received from them next season and we wouldn't pay more than what they did for a player whose stock had perceivably gone down. Palace tried to cash in on our desperation, were extremely non negotiable on the last day just as we thought our hand was stronger than what it was. Those are honest mistakes by the board, something to be disappointed in, but not angry imho. Think Rafa is over it and now looking st the future, he's told the board not to make the same mistakes early doors that is clear and fair enough. We move on.

You guys still harping on about the Jan window. That was 3 months ago, let it go. Still have the best squad be in the league so no need for preemptive excuses should Rafa fail at the first hurdle (i.e promotion)

You guys still harping on about the Jan window. That was 3 months ago, let it go. Still have the best squad be in the league so no need for preemptive excuses should Rafa fail at the first hurdle (i.e promotion)

I agree but people still talk about the Bowyer window and the beginning of the end of the clubs recent high point. Which is correct. Windows can have huge impact and memories linger.

I agree but people still talk about the Bowyer window and the beginning of the end of the clubs recent high point. Which is correct. Windows can have huge impact and memories linger.

I agree in general with your point but it doesn't apply to this latest window. We still have more talent than the rest of the league, Gayle, Shelvey, Ritchie are heads and shoulders above majority. Failure to get promotion isn't critical on the Townsend non-signing, we had/have the quality and depth to get a Top 2 spot, that's on Rafa.

What would prove more critical would be resting your 2 best players right before a 2 week international break, if Pardew had done so half the forum would still be having kittens. Furthermore, Townsend has nothing to do with our dreadful home record all year. I don't get why NoL is willing to absolve and deflect from Rafa's failings, the cult like mentality doesn't sit well with me.

I agree in general with your point but it doesn't apply to this latest window. We still have more talent than the rest of the league, Gayle, Shelvey, Ritchie are heads and shoulders above majority. Failure to get promotion isn't critical on the Townsend non-signing, we had/have the quality and depth to get a Top 2 spot, that's on Rafa.

What would prove more critical would be resting your 2 best players right before a 2 week international break, if Pardew had done so half the forum would still be having kittens. Furthermore, Townsend has nothing to do with our dreadful home record all year. I don't get why NoL is willing to absolve and deflect from Rafa's failings, the cult like mentality doesn't sit well with me.

Because we are top of the league man, were u expecting us to steamroll the championship after last seasons debacle

Cult-like mentality :lol:

People are delusional about how much of a mess this club was on and off the pitch. Rafa had a mountain to climb to turn this thing around, and within 10 games he'd already shown what he could do. He understood the task at hand, and the Jan window was simply another opportunity for the club hierarchy to thank him and support his vision for the club, and believe that he knows best about what's needed to ensure we keep steering away from the dark days created by the likes of McClaren, Carver, Pardew, Charnley, Ashley, etc.

Ha ha!

I've just heard his interview and he's spot on again about how the crowd need to stick with the players! I wish the moaning tossers could keep their whinging until the boozer afterwards! How they think booing benefits the team they supposedly support is beyond me! Plebs!

Guest Howaythetoon

Rafa in the Championship was an unknown quantity, but I personally feel he has managed this tough old campaign really well. The football hasn't been great, but it appears we are getting the job done and that's what Rafa is all about. Back the man and back him well and we can be that big club challenging again. Don't and expect to see us back in this division one day again. The man has managed this campaign as well as he has managed the club since arriving and deserves huge huge respect. I honestly expect him to leave either way and that will be me finished with football probably if it does indeed happen, but I want him to take us up either way for his own reputation if anything.

Rafa is the fucking king man, we'd be Norwich right now without him or worse.

Could well have done a Norwich or Villa tbf. Props to Rafa, it's been grim at times but he's got the job done. Great to hear the fans still singing his name as well....they know.

Guest Howaythetoon

The good thing is that we are likely going up despite not playing that good for the majority of the season or at least playing good enough football. While that would be a negative under anyone else (Pardew and 5th?), under Rafa it's a positive because this is the basis of his teams. The least you can expect basically which for NUFC is fucking great if you think about it!

Should never been in doubt where we've sat 1st in the table since Mid October, and we've held that position since then but for one time in January. Yes, he's human so naturally will get things wrong, but he's worked tirelessly - robotic even to get us and this club into the position it currently is, on the path to getting promoted.

Guest neesy111

Rafa is the fucking king man, we'd be Norwich right now without him or worse.

He's no king otherwise he'd be at Real Madrid still.