The other games today 2016/17

nemtizz

Don't really see what's wrong with what he said. That opinion is probably pretty much exactly in line with the opinion of the factory workers

You reckon?

absolutely

I'm not sure like, I think Timmy who sprays car doors for £300 a week might think he's been dealt a better hand than £50k a week Jermain.

Don't really see what's wrong with what he said. That opinion is probably pretty much exactly in line with the opinion of the factory workers

You reckon?

absolutely

I'm not sure like, I think Timmy who sprays car doors for £300 a week might think he's been dealt a better hand than £50k a week Jermain.

So why is it such a bad comment from Moyes then?

Guest firetotheworks

Howeh man, of course it's a shit comment. True or not, it's a disrespectful thing to say about people who are working their arses off for far less and don't need someone from the club they support telling them that they used their job as inspiration for them to work harder, because they could have it  as bad as them and their shit lives. It's obvious, I dunno why that needs to be explained.

It's pretty patronising. I imagine I've got a better life than a quadroplegic but I don't visit them in their hospital bed and thank them for showing me it could be worse.

I dunno, Hans. That seems like the sort of thing you would do, before stealing their greenhouse afterwards.

It's pretty patronising. I imagine I've got a better life than a quadroplegic but I don't visit them in their hospital bed and thank them for showing me it could be worse.

I dunno, Hans. That seems like the sort of thing you would do, before stealing their greenhouse afterwards.

:lol:

Howeh man, of course it's a shit comment. True or not, it's a disrespectful thing to say about people who are working their arses off for far less and don't need someone from the club they support telling them that they used their job as inspiration for them to work harder, because they could have it  as bad as them and their shit lives. It's obvious, I dunno why that needs to be explained.

Think you're reading too much into it. I'd imagine it was meant like this, " you're lucky enough to have got the chance to be a professional footballer, most people have to work hard jobs with long hours to earn their money" which is fine IMO

Howeh man, of course it's a s*** comment. True or not, it's a disrespectful thing to say about people who are working their arses off for far less and don't need someone from the club they support telling them that they used their job as inspiration for them to work harder, because they could have it  as bad as them and their s*** lives. It's obvious, I dunno why that needs to be explained.

Think you're reading too much into it. I'd imagine it was meant like this, " you're lucky enough to have got the chance to be a professional footballer, most people have to work hard jobs with long hours to earn their money" which is fine IMO

If he had of put it that way it'd be fair enough but the way he did say it just sounds disrespectful, snobby and insulting to the factory workers who could like thier job perfectly fine and dont need somebody talking down on their job.

In which case I'd be pissed off if I was a player [emoji38]

"Lucky? You think I never worked hard to become a premiership footballer you fucking gremlin?"

I agree but isn't the point of his comment to motivate them to show him they can do better?