The other games today 2016/17

nemtizz

Guest neesy111

Brighton seem to get a ridiculous amount of penalties and their opponents often seem to finish with 10 men mind.

Just an observation.

5 penalties in 23 games is not a huge amount.

Guest neesy111

How close were WBA to us throughout the 09/10 campaign? 11 point gap by the end but I'm sure I remember they were hot on our heels for the most part of that season.

They were close until like March IIRC.  Remember drawing with them in January 2-2 which kept us very close.

How close were WBA to us throughout the 09/10 campaign? 11 point gap by the end but I'm sure I remember they were hot on our heels for the most part of that season.

They were close until like March IIRC.  Remember drawing with them in January 2-2 which kept us very close.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-championship/2009-2010/between-dates

At this point (after 23 games) in that season we were 8 points clear of West Brom having played one game more

And even back in 92/93, despite us having had a decent lead, Portsmouth caught us and for just 24 hours (I think), overtook us.

So there's no need to panic just yet.

Guest neesy111

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-championship/2009-2010/between-dates

At this point (after 23 games) in that season we were 8 points clear of West Brom having played one game more

:thup:

They caught up to us between January and February looking at that site, then we opened the gap again in March.

I know they're good, but this whole "Brighton are already promoted" attitude from the media won't help them.

They were saying the same about us and even more strongly only 3 or 4 weeks ago - must admit getting more pissed off by yesterday's performance the more I think about it. Tactics, new signings and certain players dropped for good need to be sorted otherwise this season could bite us in the arse big time come May.

Guest neesy111

I know they're good, but this whole "Brighton are already promoted" attitude from the media won't help them.

They were saying the same about us and even more strongly only 3 or 4 weeks ago - must admit getting more pissed off by yesterday's performance the more I think about it. Tactics, new signings and certain players dropped for good need to be sorted otherwise this season could bite us in the arse big time come May.

Not helped by our fans singing we were going to win the league in October ffs.

They were saying the same about us and even more strongly only 3 or 4 weeks ago - must admit getting more p*ssed off by yesterday's performance the more I think about it. Tactics, new signings and certain players dropped for good need to be sorted otherwise this season could bite us in the arse big time come May.

Not helped by our fans singing we were going to win the league in October ffs.

Agreed

And even back in 92/93, despite us having had a decent lead, Portsmouth caught us and for just 24 hours (I think), overtook us.

So there's no need to panic just yet.

This is what I try to keep in mind. The fact the idea of another team being able to fight it out with us feels a little disappointing at this point only shows just how much of a dominating league leader we've been so far.