The other games today 2016/17

nemtizz

We need to tweak this formation a bit I think.

It's interesting he's gone with the 3-4-3. You guys were great against Chelsea with it, do you think he's going to stick with it longer term now?

Villa's midfield is pretty decent. A bot jealous, considering we have to watch Colback in ours every week.

Their midfield is easily the weakest part of their team like. Jedinak is the only one who is decent and his best days are behind him

I'd have Jedinak, Grealish and Tshibola all ahead of Colback.

How many times have you seen Tshibola play?

I'd say three times.

However, even based on the first 5 mins of this game alone he is better than Colback. At least ten times better in fact.

I've no doubt he's better than Colback but he's played 45 minutes in the last 3 months so I'm not sure he'd be much of an addition.

Much rather Hayden and Shelvey than Jedinak and another Villa midfielder

Villa's midfield is pretty decent. A bot jealous, considering we have to watch Colback in ours every week.

Their midfield is easily the weakest part of their team like. Jedinak is the only one who is decent and his best days are behind him

I'd have Jedinak, Grealish and Tshibola all ahead of Colback.

How many times have you seen Tshibola play?

I'd say three times.

However, even based on the first 5 mins of this game alone he is better than Colback. At least ten times better in fact.

I've no doubt he's better than Colback but he's played 45 minutes in the last 3 months so I'm not sure he'd be much of an addition

Pay me no mind man. I'm just so down on Colback. Not saying we need to add any of these guys. I'm just jealous of practically any team that doesn't have to play Jack Colback in their team every week.

It's interesting he's gone with the 3-4-3. You guys were great against Chelsea with it, do you think he's going to stick with it longer term now?

Horses for courses. It works really well with our personnel (Walker and Rose, plenty of good CBs, strong and clever CF) and also counteracted Chelsea nicely. We've played it before and the guys know what to do. Today it might be a bit more limited - Janssen is a bit less mobile and lacking in confidence, Ben Davies is not comfortable going forward, we've not yet got a direct replacement for Eriksen.

Poch has quite obviously made a virtue of getting in players who can play in multiple positions. That {u]should[/u] allow us to mix it up, but I'm still not totally convinced about his abilities to make adjustments on the fly. He seems to be learning all the time though, which is ace.

Horses for courses. It works really well with our personnel (Walker and Rose, plenty of good CBs, strong and clever CF) and also counteracted Chelsea nicely. We've played it before and the guys know what to do. Today it might be a bit more limited - Janssen is a bit less mobile and lacking in confidence, Ben Davies is not comfortable going forward, we've not yet got a direct replacement for Eriksen.

Poch has quite obviously made a virtue of getting in players who can play in multiple positions. That {u]should[/u] allow us to mix it up, but I'm still not totally convinced about his abilities to make adjustments on the fly. He seems to be learning all the time though, which is ace.

Cool :thup:

It does really fit your first team. Does seem to be lacking creativity with this second unit as you say.

I wish we had one really clever player further forward than Winks. Shame Edwards is injured, he could have had fun today.

Could you possibly switch Winks and Sissoko? Think Winks would open things up more further forward.

I wish we had one really clever player further forward than Winks. Shame Edwards is injured, he could have had fun today.

Could you possibly switch Winks and Sissoko? Think Winks would open things up more further forward.

I'm not sure Poch trusts Sissoko's touch and ball movement to have him back there. There's a chance he'll bring Onomah on to push Winks forward.