The other games today 2016/17

nemtizz

Probably over analysing but we could do with Norwich winning this IMO to keep them well in the playoff position. We've obviously played them twice and they still have to play Brighton and Huddersfield, the former at home and at home they are generally a good side. The more riding on those games the better. The same with Villa tbh, on paper they are as good as any team in this league and obviously have the players to give our two rivals a good game. While it's funny watching their demise, the more in form the better as far as i am concerned.

Guest neesy111

Wonder if part of Spurs' struggles at Wembley is due to the size of the pitch there compared with WHL.

The tight pitch I think suits their style of play.

Does an extra 5 metres by 2 metres width make that much difference? Genuine question not being funny.

Aye, I'd say so, if used correctly.

When you look at a lot of European teams they tend to stretch the play a lot more and play a slower, more calculated approach, probing gaps and waiting until the opportune moment to make their attack. It's more like a game of chess. So particularly in the Europe League,' Spurs would struggle against continental opposition. Defensively, a more compact pitch allows 'Spurs to assume more control of the game and use their acceleration rather than pace to overcome their opponents. Half a yard or a couple of metres may not seem much but with quality footballers it can make a world of difference. It's a split second to pick a killer pass or take a defender out the game.

Wouldn't matter so much in the Championship... :lol: