Formation For chelsea

Newcastle Fan

I used Luque wide left! bluebiggrin.gif

yea but that dosn't mean roeder will use him :D

from what i saw,luque getting a start vs chelsea is almost impossible,heck him getting 15 min will be something roeder won't dream of doing..

he willl be happy starting pattison as LW..

As I see it, we have Watford, followed by Chelsea in the League Cup after this match, we might as well rule out the Chelsea league fixture and play our youth team, and thus secure a decent fit bunch of players for the following two fixtures, rather than have to drag a group of walking wounded through the next three matches.

Two wins and a defeat would be better than three defeats. Never know, maybe Chelsea will repay us by playing their youth team against us in the cup.

Assuming Baba's not suspended and that Sib and possibly Butt? make it, i'd go:

-------------------------Given

--- Huntington---Taylor-----Ramage---Baba

---Milner-------Butt?----------Pattison----Zoggy

-----------------The Sib--------Martins

SUBS

Pav

Carrol

Troisi

Gate

Rossi

If Butt doesn't make it then move Zoggy central and play Rossi or Troisi on the left.

Luque's finished in my eyes.

Guest sharath

Rossi will start the match on right wing according to roeder with milner at right back. That is some bloody attacking right side of a team.

Guest Darth Toon

OK, well it's looking like:

Given

Milner - Taylor - Ramage - Baba

Rossi - Butt - N'Zogbia - Pattison

Martins - Sibierski

Just need to concentrate on keeping it tight as long as possible, hope they start to get frustrated, and look to Oba to nick something on the break....if they score early, it could get messy....

OK, well it's looking like:

Given

Milner - Taylor - Ramage - Baba

Rossi - Butt - N'Zogbia - Pattison

Martins - Sibierski

Just need to concentrate on keeping it tight as long as possible, hope they start to get frustrated, and look to Oba to nick something on the break....if they score early, it could get messy....

Good luck Pattison.  Not a bad way to make your first premiership start - trying to contain Ballack and Lampard.  I reckon N'Zogbia will be on the left.

pattison ahead of luque?? against chelsea? wtf

pattison is a good prospect - but is he better than luque?? no....not yet at least.

GR u never kept ur word regarding giving luque a chance.

I want to win...but I'm not getting my hopes high...

Play for the club lads!

and GR, as far as I'm concerned u can piss off at the end of the season

Guest Ridzuan

pattison is a good prospect - but is he better than luque?? no....not yet at least.

GR u never kept ur word regarding giving luque a chance.

I want to win...but I'm not getting my hopes high...

Play for the club lads!

and GR, as far as I'm concerned u can piss off at the end of the season

I think the decision not to play Luque is simply because Glenn wants him to be fit so that he could be sold in January.

Guest cybermansrevenge

I don't think Luque is ever going to fit in with us but surely he start tonight. After all if he wants a move this is a game he should be up for.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

What about playing sib in the midfield to avoid using academy players like pattison? Rossi should have plenty of motivation and is a lot better footballer than Pattison if you ask me.

As I see it, we have Watford, followed by Chelsea in the League Cup after this match, we might as well rule out the Chelsea league fixture and play our youth team, and thus secure a decent fit bunch of players for the following two fixtures, rather than have to drag a group of walking wounded through the next three matches.

Two wins and a defeat would be better than three defeats. Never know, maybe Chelsea will repay us by playing their youth team against us in the cup.

This has a lot of merit. Not the youth team exactly, but I don't see the point in risking players and losing them for matches that we can get something from.

I'm sure we won't risk anyone as Roeder, generally, doesn't seem one to rush players back after injury.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

You're bumming of Luque annoys me tbh.

Haha true, he's shite.

Dyer wont be fit yet will he?

Nope. He isnt in the squad.

Might as well play:

Given

Huntington Taylor Ramage Babayaro

Milner Sibbers Butt Pattison N'Zogbia

Martins

Give two young-uns a game and try to keep it in single figures.

Squad:

Newcastle (from): Given, Srnicek, Taylor, Ramage, Huntington, Babayaro, Butt, N'Zogbia, Milner, Pattison, Troisi, Gate, Edgar, Martins, Sibierski, Luque, Rossi, Carroll.

again this is wrong Kris Gate didn't travel and Alan O'B did!