Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

21 minutes ago, Heron said:

To clear any curiosity...

My suspicion was that if Howe wanted to drop him or that he was underperforming for the wrong reasons then backing him now maybe backed Howe into a corner or validated his under-performance for whatever reasons (seemingly contractual?).

For me I wanted us to back Howe and the full team as I felt they were all under scrutiny after the loss at Fulham and Hope's shit-stirring.

I suggested we did AG10 for BHAFC instead. They obviously didn't. It worked. :thup:

I do believe that perhaps a display such as this, or the Maxi one or whatever are more important sometimes than the big and fancy ones. The ones that directly impact an individual or the team with the right encouragement at the right time. I think because of the team spirit that exists they all feel proud for one another. Howe created that.

All makes sense. But in a way Gordon's been emblematic of our season so far, in terms of high hopes and questions being asked - feels like where he goes our team will go - so I reckon they'll all get the message. Wor Flags have bucket loads of good will in the bank.

5 minutes ago, huss9 said:

look at me, look at me. my bird's' italian.

well mine's from blyth.

pathetic.

;)

The Spartan Army or sumit? They're doing alreet stuff up there I've heard like :lol:

4 minutes ago, 80 said:

All makes sense. But in a way Gordon's been emblematic of our season so far, in terms of high hopes and questions being asked - feels like where he goes our team will go - so I reckon they'll all get the message. Wor Flags have bucket loads of good will in the bank.

My hope is that this good will kind of protects us as a fanbase too. I know that may seem arrogant and that's not the intention, but if we have to give a solid message at some point, hopefully we can utilise said respect-gained.

Edited by Heron

6 minutes ago, huss9 said:

did yous know about the contract talks when the idea of AG10 was first mooted?

Nar na. I think we intended to do it last season but he got a red card before said game.

However, it has been discussed for a fair few weeks, in fact, during the Euros, because like everyone else we were gobsmacked he was benched so much and felt he needed a warm welcome back.

Edited by Heron

Just now, Heron said:

My hope is that this good will kind of protects us as a fanbase too. Imknow that may seem arrogant and that's not the intention, but if we have to give a solid message at some point, hopefully we cna utilise said respect-gained.

100% agree. If - in an alternative universe - things went south with Gordon, well it wouldn't be easy to claim we offered anything other than support and loyalty. Potential signings would look at that.

And obviously, that goes for the bigger picture too. If your reputation is for unity and backing through difficult situations, then it'll be taken a lot more seriously if anything else ever becomes needed.

1 minute ago, 80 said:

100% agree. If - in an alternative universe - things went south with Gordon, well it wouldn't be easy to claim we offered anything other than support and loyalty. Potential signings would look at that.

And obviously, that goes for the bigger picture too. If your reputation is for unity and backing through difficult situations, then it'll be taken a lot more seriously if anything else ever becomes needed.

Even when it comes to the club, like if they say Ticket prices are now £150 each we could hopefully make the right level of stand against it. Or make voices heard at least. I mean, I cannot promise it but we've hopefully shown we'd take some stance on such things.

6 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

"Running down the wing, makes the Geordies sing" Missed that [emoji38]

Brilliant again today folks :clap:

Knock that shithole down.

5 minutes ago, huss9 said:

did you consider a message to Eales? or was it too late?

Too late I think mate. I'm out of the WA group atm to be honest as I needed time for myself with the twins. So not totally sure.