Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

I think it was one of them, aye.

Thankfully the video has been cut to where it was cause just after I said "Fucking hell I nearly shit myself there"  :lol:

There's two other banners which haven't yet been shown the to general public which should hopefully be a hit!

Tomorrow we're going all out to create an intimidating atmosphere and hopefully aid the team to our first win of the season. We have 3 wheelie bins filled with small "wavers" as we've come to call them, which are there for all to use (but must be returned at the end of the game).

We will also have all of our other surfers and large flags out, with 2 and 3 pole sized flags and larger wavers such as the away shirt designs and retro shirt designs.

There are a couple of new additions which we're keeping under wraps and hoping the club work with us with regards to putting one or two songs on.

For those of you sitting in the Gallowgate I politely urge you to get involved /help out holding some of the larger flags if you wish to do so.

Previously, we have had issues with people stealing flags, etc. so we're understandably reluctant to give some of our more expensive flags to "strangers" but we are now getting to the stage where the flag power outweighs the man power to some degree. So it'd be good if some trustworthy individuals could help out on a matchday, even if it's just waving a flag and bringing it back to us.

Wor Hyem are operating with Gallowgate Flags and there are splinter groups emerging also. All of whom have the aim of improving the atmosphere at St James'. So I'm sure they'd all appreciate any help in creating an intimidating atmosphere at St James'.

Most importantly though, sing and shout for the Toon all game and boo the opposition during silences. Be the 12th man.

:thup:

Tomorrow we're going all out to create an intimidating atmosphere and hopefully aid the team to our first win of the season. We have 3 wheelie bins filled with small "wavers" as we've come to call them, which are there for all to use (but must be returned at the end of the game).

We will also have all of our other surfers and large flags out, with 2 and 3 pole sized flags and larger wavers such as the away shirt designs and retro shirt designs.

There are a couple of new additions which we're keeping under wraps and hoping the club work with us with regards to putting one or two songs on.

For those of you sitting in the Gallowgate I politely urge you to get involved /help out holding some of the larger flags if you wish to do so.

Previously, we have had issues with people stealing flags, etc. so we're understandably reluctant to give some of our more expensive flags to "strangers" but we are now getting to the stage where the flag power outweighs the man power to some degree. So it'd be good if some trustworthy individuals could help out on a matchday, even if it's just waving a flag and bringing it back to us.

Wor Hyem are operating with Gallowgate Flags and there are splinter groups emerging also. All of whom have the aim of improving the atmosphere at St James'. So I'm sure they'd all appreciate any help in creating an intimidating atmosphere at St James'.

Most importantly though, sing and shout for the Toon all game and boo the opposition during silences. Be the 12th man.

:thup:

:thup:  :indi:

Guest firetotheworks

Wonder if it's worth having an inexpensive GPS tracker in each flag pole, they're only a few quid and it means you can track down any that knackers take for themselves.

Wonder if it's worth having an inexpensive GPS tracker in each flag pole, they're only a few quid and it means you can track down any that knackers take for themselves.

Is this a real thing? If so, how much do these sort of things cost?

To be honest, it probably isn't worth the hassle of finding them but it could be a good shout, especially on the expensive flags.

Guest firetotheworks
Guest firetotheworks

£1.35 lolz that's that settled then. I'm sure me brothers paying about thirty five quid a month. And he'd meant to be the bright one!

That sounds like one of the ones where you can't remove them without a code, there's a helpline, and people who'll help you track it down as well. I remember looking at them when we got our dog.

Guest firetotheworks

I can't see those trackers working inside a stadium at all.

It's not really a problem if they're inside SJP like. It's if people take them for themselves, which I think happened last year iirc.

I can't see those trackers working inside a stadium at all.

It's not really a problem if they're inside SJP like. It's if people take them for themselves, which I think happened last year iirc.

:lol: :thup:

Guest neesy111

You's don't understand how they work those tags.  They work via Bluetooth or something similar like RFID to someone's device to relay the last position, so theoretically they'll only work within SJP to one persons phone.  If someone walks off with a flag, then you can't track them as last position will be inside SJP.

They are useful for stuff like a wallet and keys which will always be close to your phone for example, so if you leave keys somewhere then the last location is going to be pretty accurate.  It's the reason why actual GPS tracking services cost money as you need a sim card etc to relay the position via the internet.

Sorry to be a bore, I've developed a GPS App so know quite a bit on the issue.