Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

Heard the lads against this are against poppies on the shirts because they hate PC madness. Keep 'politics' out of football.

Anyway for those that are absewlewtly fewming you'll all be able to spot the bloke(s) with the flag. There you go...

:lol: Please post that on Curry thread.

"Aye a kna. Poppies on shirts and now this?! Keep it out of football"

Guest firetotheworks

P.S. The overzealous reactions of the PC brigade on here get so tedious at times. Alreet people might not have your views but at least engage...

I hate political correctness gone mad as much as anyone -

I don't wanna teach the world to sing. But, you know, Justin Fashanu, Graeme Le Saux - it's just not on. Whereas, Hitzlsperger, this flag, you've gotta say "fair enough," yeah?

Aye, lumping this in with political correctness is canny demeaning tbh.

Guest firetotheworks

I've never heard them being described as the PC brigade like, but I'm happy to be wrong.

I think I read Yorkie's post wrong like, I'd literally just woke up :lol: Heron's saying that this place is being millitant in shouting down any dissenting voices - hence 'the pc brigate' which is obviously an over the top description - and i thought Yorkie'd missed the point and assumed he'd meant the flag itself.

I look forward to the day when the 10000 gays at SJP are confident enough to stand up and hold hands together and belt out "I am what I am" or "Big Spender" though clearly that would be highly inappropriate with our owner. Would make such a refreshing change from "your support is fucking shit".

I look forward to the day when the 10000 gays at SJP are confident enough to stand up and hold hands together and belt out "I am what I am" or "Big Spender" though clearly that would be highly inappropriate with our owner. Would make such a refreshing change from "your support is f***ing s***".

Quite fancy a hearty rendition of 'Relax' by FGTH tbh :)

If it helps kick homophobia out of football then it's a good idea.

Politics is everywhere and everyone, I don't get this idea that football and politics shouldn't mix.

I look forward to the day when the 10000 gays at SJP are confident enough to stand up and hold hands together and belt out "I am what I am" or "Big Spender" though clearly that would be highly inappropriate with our owner. Would make such a refreshing change from "your support is f***ing s***".

Might help too :thup:. Especially when they sing "just shoot it in the right direction"

Might help too :thup:. Especially when they sing "just shoot it in the right direction"

Well Stevie T already did the 'hit me with your laser beam' bit :lol:

Politics is everywhere and everyone, I don't get this idea that football and politics shouldn't mix.

I would say it's because football if not sport was deemed somewhere you could go and forget about the cares of the world for 90mins of your life rather than the modern day culture of being constantly reminded of them before and during each game. Your viewpoint will generally differ depending on what generation your from.

I think it's a nice touch tbh. Don't think there's any viable reason to be against it: if A, you're homophobic - f*** off... if B, you think it's 'nowt to do with football' - you're basically missing the point...

There is no point in it, that is the point. Everyone is welcome at SJP these days, black, white, gay, straight, male, female etc. We don't need to start holding flags up to prove it. Those who attend see it for themselves. A gay person is the same as me, all except for their sexual preference. They are welcome at St James' Park and I don't need to wave a flag around to show that to draw attention to them.

if you think racsism/sexism/homophobia are dead in SJP you've been sitting in different bits to me like, yeah they keep it under wraps through fear but it's still there

Guest chicken little

If it helps kick homophobia out of football then it's a good idea.

The pathetic replies to this news on Facebook and some on here show exactly why a flag supporting this is a good idea.

yep. and if it pisses off some backwards dickheads, then all the better.