Euro 2016 Final - Greece 1-0 France FT

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Despite this Messi and Ronaldo discussions you still have to give credit to a guy that first carries his team to a Champions League win, then carries his national team, putting them on his back and taking them all the way to become European champions and proving he is the best player in the world. Seriously, congratulations Pepe!

Despite this Messi and Ronaldo discussions you still have to give credit to a guy that first carries his team to a Champions League win, then carries his national team, putting them on his back and taking them all the way to become European champions and proving he is the best player in the world. Seriously, congratulations Pepe!

[emoji38] :thup: Player of the tournament

Pretty sure if Ronaldo was ruled out of a final injured and wearing a suit to the game, he'd still have his top off at the end.  Either that or a John Terry-esque half-kit w*****.

:lol: I love it. Dude knows he's cut as f***. Let him pop the shirt off, blast some nips.

I wonder why... ;)

Look it's a body that just won't quit. If you pop those shorts off I'll bet you'll find a sweaty hog that won't quit either.

:lol:

Not sure why people keep bringing up the group stages. They got through and then no one could beat them, 90 minutes or otherwise.

Who deserved to win the tournament most? France because they played better against the weaker teams and beat Germany? Or Portugal because they actually beat France?

Great defensive side and deserved winners.

Not sure why people keep bringing up the group stages. They got through and then no one could beat them, 90 minutes or otherwise.

Who deserved to win the tournament most? France because they played better against the weaker teams and beat Germany? Or Portugal because they actually beat France?

Great defensive side and deserved winners.

Aye don't think they were half as bad as people made out in the groups. Didn't think they were going to win it of course but thought they looked decent throughout the tournament and would've scored more but for Ronaldo missing a few uncharacteristic sitters

https://www.facebook.com/euronews/videos/vb.101402598109/10154020842833110/?type=2&theater

:aww:

Edit : GOAT

Cristiano Ronaldo's 'unbelievable' half-time speech inspired Portugal - Soares

Cristiano Ronaldo gave the Portuguese squad what has been described as an "unbelievable" half-time speech, telling his teammates he was "sure" they would beat France in their 1-0 Euro 2016 final victory despite having to go off injured after 25 minutes, Cedric Soares has revealed.

The full-back also said that Portugal were "in shock" when their star captain had to be substituted but that, far from being dejected, a "fantastic" Ronaldo helped motivate the players.

"It was a very tough moment," Soares said. "I remember, for me and the team, everybody was a little bit in shock I think.

"In half-time, Cristiano had fantastic words for us. He gave us a lot of confidence and said 'listen people, I'm sure we will win, so stay together and fight for it.'

"It was really unbelievable. I think all the team had a fantastic attitude. And we showed tonight when you fight as one you are much much stronger."

Cristiano Ronaldo and winning goalscorer Eder celebrate after beating France for the Euro 2016 title.

Asked whether Ronaldo was downbeat after having to go off, Soares said: "No, he was fantastic. His attitude was unbelievable. Always he helped a lot our teammates, he always had a lot of motivational words and all the team of course reacted to them, so it was very good."

Ronaldo spent much of the second half and extra-time acting as an effective assistant manager, giving instructions from the bench, and Soares praised this as beneficial to the players.

"Yes, he had fantastic words for each player in each moment of the game ... I'm really really happy to be part of this group and be champion."

Guest mrainey

Ronaldo is obviously a born winner but for people to think that he had that much influence on Portugal winning it... :lol:

Ronaldo is obviously a born winner but for people to think that he had that much influence on Portugal winning it... :lol:

Much like Real, I doubt Portugal even get to the final without him.

Pepe was a beast in every game he played. Made more special by the fact he was probably carrying an injury in the final.

He had a lot of influence on acting the way he needed to so that the headlines would be written about him.  In particular the stretcher that wasn't needed and the touchline antics in the second half.  Oh brave Ronaldo being stretchered off the pitch, only to spend the rest of the game bouncing around the touchline... 

He had a lot of influence on acting the way he needed to so that the headlines would be written about him.  In particular the stretcher that wasn't needed and the touchline antics in the second half.  Oh brave Ronaldo being stretchered off the pitch, only to spend the rest of the game bouncing around the touchline... 

Google the injury man. His knee was twisted inside out. :lol: It's probably a cruciate.

I'm not doubting the injury is a bad one, but he was running around before and after the stretcher use :lol:  He would have had absolutely no problem walking off the pitch, but wanted his moment on the stretcher.

Google the injury man. His knee was twisted inside out. :lol: It's probably a cruciate.

An injured body part can lock up when sore like, if uncertain it would be pretty stupid for a footballer of his worth to risk walking off after noticing he couldn't play on when he doesn't need to, it was Clattenburg who called for the stretcher too iirc.

I was all for laughing at him missing 40 chances against Austria but bashing him for last night is ridiculous, he was class and obviously cares about his country and teammates. Thought he had a good tournament on the whole too, he obviously should have scored more but the ammount of chances he made for himself was ridculous. You can argue Portugal were a better team without him but they have absolutely nothing in attack when he's not running into the box.

Guest mrainey

Much like Real, I doubt Portugal even get to the final without him.

Pepe was a beast in every game he played. Made more special by the fact he was probably carrying an injury in the final.

Solid defense, easier route (croatia, wales & poland wtf), clinical finishing (when needed, not in group stages obviously), and some karma due to 2004. This run reminded me of Chelsea in 2012. Not a fluke by any means, but a lot of things needed to align for this to happen. Ronaldo played his part, but out of 11 players (more or less the same lineup) his manager fielded every game, I reckon more than half of them had a better tournament than Ronaldo. It's just the media wankfest that has to make it about CR.

What's funny? Plenty of pictures out there for you to analyse it further. I've done mine too.

Guest mrainey

That's it, theatrics man. I can't believe people still fall for this shit. Passionate Ronaldo "guiding" his team to victory from the sidelines. Fuck off. :lol: