Newcastle United vs Huddersfield Town - 13/8/16 @ 3:00pm - No TV

HaydnNUFC

Don't think we want to keep him at all tbh. We're getting the best deal we can, might backfire horribly like.

Aye would be horrible having to keep our best player

He doesn't want to be here and we've accepted he's off, just waiting for the right fee imo. His 1-in-every-10 ability doesn't come into it.

Hopefully the Sissoko ordeal ends soon. I'd love it if he stays tbh. I know most hate him because of all the bullshit he speaks and his general attitude but I think even a 50% motivated Moussa dominates this league. Worst thing would be to wait until deadline day - or near it - and then just sell him for like £10m.

Or we could of done what i have been ridiculed for saying and sell him for 20m, still a good fee and then got on with signing some players we need

Can't believe anyone believes he'll be playing for Newcastle when the window closes. He'll settle for a lower level transfer than I wanted originally and end up somewhere like Everton.

:thup:

He hasn't wanted to be here since he signed though but nobody has ever come in for him. I cannot see any reason why Benitez would want to sell him, he might go in a huff if we block a decent bid for him but until then we've got no reason to be actively trying to get rid.

Hopefully the Sissoko ordeal ends soon. I'd love it if he stays tbh. I know most hate him because of all the bullshit he speaks and his general attitude but I think even a 50% motivated Moussa dominates this league. Worst thing would be to wait until deadline day - or near it - and then just sell him for like £10m.

Or we could of done what i have been ridiculed for saying and sell him for 20m, still a good fee and then got on with signing some players we need

:lol: sell him for £20m to who?

Do you want us to break into the Real Madrid offices and fax a bid over or something?

Football Manager style:

Add manager

Pick big club  to manage

Submit £20million for Sissoko

Switch managers to accept the bid

Resign immediately from big club

Tubes would do that but with a £3million bid rather than £20m

Football Manager style:

Add manager

Pick big club  to manage

Submit £20million for Sissoko

Switch managers to accept the bid

Resign immediately from big club

If we're cheating, why don't we offer £40 million to ourselves instead? Slide down the wage budget to give us some more funds.

Do you want us to break into the Real Madrid offices and fax a bid over or something?

Exactly nobody is even willing to pay that for him as it stands so how did me saying to take 18m for him cause such uproar?

Exactly nobody is even willing to pay that for him as it stands so how did me saying to take 18m for him cause such uproar?

Because this isn't a closing down all stock must go sale?

Champions / Runners-Up / Last Play-Off Spot from the last six Championship seasons.

Final league positions all in brackets.

First five games of eventual Champions.

2015-16

Burnley © - 93 points - lost 5 times

Middlesbrough (2nd) - 89 points - lost 9 times

Sheff Wed (6th) - 74 points

1-1 vs Leeds (13th)

2-2 vs Birmingham (10th)

0-2 vs Ipswich (7th)

1-0 vs Brentford (9th)

2-1 vs Bristol City (18th)

8 points

2014-15

Bournemouth © - 90 points, lost 8 times

Waford (2nd) - 89 points, lost 11 times

Ipswich (6th) - 78 points

4-0 vs Huddersfield (16th)

1-0 vs Brentford (5th)

1-2 vs Nottm Forest (14th)

2-3 vs Blackburn (9th)

1-1 vs Norwich (3rd)

7 points

2013-14

Leicester City © - 102 points, lost 6 times

Burnley (2nd) - 93 points, lost 5 times

Brighton (6th) - 72 points

2-1 vs Middlesbrough (12th)

0-0 vs Leeds (15th)

1-0 vs Derby (3rd)

3-2 vs Birmingham (21st)

0-1 vs Charlton (18th)

10 points

2012-13

Cardiff City © - 87 points - lost 9 times

Hull (2nd) - 79 points - lost 15 times

Leicester (6th) - 68 points

1-0 vs Huddersfield (19th)

0-0 vs Brighton (4th)

2-4 vs Bristol City (24th)

3-1 vs Wolves (23rd)

2-1 vs Leeds (13th)

10 points

2011-12

Reading © - 89 points - lost 11 times

Southampton (2nd) - 88 points - lost 10 times

Cardiff (6th) - 75 points

2-2 vs Millwall (16th)

2-0 vs Leicester (9th)

0-1 vs Portsmouth (22nd)

1-2 vs Barnsley (21st)

0-1 vs Watford (11th)

(lost the one after that, as well)

4 points

2010-11

QPR © - 88 points - lost 6 times

Norwich (2nd) - 84 points - lost 8 times

Nottm Forest (6th) - 75 points

4-0 vs Barnsley (17th)

3-0 vs Sheff Utd (23rd)

2-0 vs Scunthorpe (24th)

2-2 vs Derby (19th)

3-0 vs Middlesbrough (12th)

(went 19 games unbeaten)

13 points

2009-10

Newcastle © - 102 points - lost 4 times

West Brom (2nd) - 89 points - lost 7 times

Blackpool (6th) - 70 points

1-1 vs West Brom (2nd)

3-0 vs Reading (9th)

1-0 vs Sheff Wed (23rd)

2-0 vs Crystal Palace (21st)

1-0 vs Leicester (5th)

13 points

I suppose my ultimate point here is that you can lose 11 games and still win the league.

y did i do all that :anguish:

I don't know what you were ridiculed for like, the only thing I remember you saying regarding our transfers was that it was ridiculous us turning down bids for Tiote and Thauvin.

If we get a £20m bid for Sissoko I think we'll be well beyond the point of entering negotiations. I wouldn't be surprised if we turned it down hoping for a  better offer, and I wouldn't be against doing so. That's how you sell Andy Carroll for £35m

Top Goalscorer (overall)

2009-10 - Peter Whittingham - (22)

2010-11 - Danny Graham - (24)

2011-12 - Rickie Lambert - (27)

2012-13 - Glenn Murray - (30)

2013-14 - Ross McCormack - (28)

2014-15 - Daryl Murphy - (27)

2015-16 - Andre Gray - (25)

Top Goalscorer (of Championship winning team)

2009-10 - Andy Carroll/Kevin Nolan - (17)

2010-11 - Adel Taarabt - (19)

2011-12 - Adam Le Fondre - (12)

2012-13 - Aron Gunnarson/Peter Whittingham - (8)

2013-14 - David Nugent - (20)

2014-15 - Callum Wilson - (20)

2015-16 - Andre Gray - (23)

Please like and comment.

Looking at that post, Yorkie, the only thing that really caught my eye is none of those title winning teams lost their first match. But if we go on a proper run and win the next 4, awesome. Of the 2nd place teams, I assume many of those lost 1 or more matches in the first 2-3?

We've the 1 anomaly none of these winning teams had and that's Rafa Benitez and a world class manager. I suspect we may be a slow moving train to begin with but when things click for us (and they will soon) we'll start steam rolling teams.

Looking at that post, Yorkie, the only thing that really caught my eye is none of those title winning teams lost their first match. But if we go on a proper run and win the next 4, awesome. Of the 2nd place teams, I assume many of those lost 1 or more matches in the first 2-3?

We've the 1 anomaly none of these winning teams had and that's Rafa Benitez and a world class manager. I suspect we may be a slow moving train to begin with but when things click for us (and they will soon) we'll start steam rolling teams.

*breathes in*

I don't know what you were ridiculed for like, the only thing I remember you saying regarding our transfers was that it was ridiculous us turning down bids for Tiote and Thauvin.

If we get a £20m bid for Sissoko I think we'll be well beyond the point of entering negotiations. I wouldn't be surprised if we turned it down hoping for a  better offer, and I wouldn't be against doing so. That's how you sell Andy Carroll for £35m

Yeah I said it was ridiculous turning down 8m I think it was for thauvin then we ended up loaning him out again and tiote we aren't playing and can't sell so don't see how anything I've said on transfers is that bad.

Fair enough il admit i thought we would do well to get 15m for wijnaldum I got that wrong

*breathes in*

Amongst their first five fixtures:

2015-16 - Boro lost their fourth game

2014-15 - Watford lost their second game

2013-14 - Burnley lost their third game

2012-13 - Hull lost their second game

2011-12 - Southampton lost their fifth game

2010-11 - Norwich lost their first game *ding ding ding*

2009-10 - West Brom didn't lost any games

*breathes in*

To answer my own question, 1 time - Norwich. So the better argument for us we need to make sure we have a minimum of 10 points after 5 matches. And then I'm throwing out all other "trends" and saying we just need to go on and go unbeaten at home, win most of them of course, and lose between 4-9 times.

Boro had 8 pts after 5 matches: D, W, D, L, W

Watford had 12 pts after 5 matches: W, L, W, W, W

Burnely had 10 pts after 5 matches: D, W, W, L, W

Hull had 10 pts after 5 matches: W, L, D, W, W, W

Southampton had 12 pts after 5 matches: W, W, W, W, L

Norwich had 10 pts after 5 matches: L, W, W, D, W

West Brom had 11 pts after 5 matches: D, W, W, W, D