Brendan Galloway joins new club - West Bromwich Albion

Dave

Did you not watch him at all last season?

No, just basing it on what Everton fans are saying, and the majority seem to suggest he isn't a LB.

That maybe true but by all accounts he did great there when Baines was injured so I don't see it as relevant. Most fullbacks don't actually start out as ones anyway, as what they perceived him to be in the youth teams doesn't matter.

No, just basing it on what Everton fans are saying, and the majority seem to suggest he isn't a LB.

He was a centre back for MK Dons but hasn't played many minutes there for us. Although he's comfortable on the ball, he's definitely a defender first and foremost. 

He was one of our better players for the first half of last season at left back while Baines was injured. Then got dropped like a stone for no apparent reason (which Martinez was fond of doing to players).

From our perspective, I don't understand this move at all tbh. Our only cover at left back now is Oviedo, who not only isn't as good as Galloway imo but has legs made of papier mache.

Ikon will be happy :lol:

OH YES! I am :lol: :lol:

Not a fan of loans unless there's an option to buy at a price agreed beforehand. But it's a LB and i can't complain too much. This is better than nothing i'd say. If it gives us a better chance of getting promoted then do it :thup: Never seen him but i've read that he's supposed

to be highly rated?

Is this enough or should we get another one just to be sure? :lol:

He was a centre back for MK Dons but hasn't played many minutes there for us. Although he's comfortable on the ball, he's definitely a defender first and foremost. 

He was one of our better players for the first half of last season at left back while Baines was injured. Then got dropped like a stone for no apparent reason (which Martinez was fond of doing to players).

From our perspective, I don't understand this move at all tbh. Our only cover at left back now is Oviedo, who not only isn't as good as Galloway imo but has legs made of papier mache.

Don't you still have Garbutt for cover?

Unsure if Rafa will give up on Dummett after one bad championship game mind, can't see Galloway coming straight in to the fold.

But we can live in hope.

It's not like that was Dummett's first poor game. Now we're the big dogs we will more often than not need to go out and break teams down and that is made far more difficult with a full back who has extremely limited ability on the ball.

How many full backs do we actually need?

We have Dummett, Sterry, Anita, Walmart, Jesus, Mbabu, Clark, Haidara.

We need a creative and mobile midfielder and a goalscoring centre forward who can hold the ball up.

Signing more left backs is Pardewesque.