Brentford manager: Alan Judge won't join Newcastle this summer

Nobody

There's a video of him on youtube called "the Irish Messi" set to a coldplay song. Never felt more lower league in my life watching this. Hitting me right in the gut.

Genuinely, what's your issue?

It's this sort of rubbish gives NUFC fans a bad rep. It is possible for an Irish or Scottish player to be good. If we were signing George Best in his prime you'd probably start grumbling about it.

Also, wake up call. We are lower league.

Alreet Tatty McJock, calm doon.

Everybody is trying to put a positive spin on every signing we've made just because Rafa is manager, even if they're shite (Clark) or snapped in half (Judge). Sorry for not being too enamored by our glorious transfer revolution of Championship squad players.

We're absolutely desperate for some serious quality ready to play immediately. Players at the top end of the pitch at least as good as Gayle and Ritchie. This signing is only really excusable if Sissoko is staying and is ready to actually play football matches.

There's a video of him on youtube called "the Irish Messi" set to a coldplay song. Never felt more lower league in my life watching this. Hitting me right in the gut.

Yup, feel exactly the same.....I mean, Coldplay FFS. Heartbreaking.

Yup, feel exactly the same.....I mean, Coldplay FFS. Heartbreaking.

Exactly. The entire thing reeks of soccer am.

Potentially the perfect sort of player to get us out of the Championship, works hard, has moments of quality and knows the league. Once he's done that who knows, may make a Premier League player yet. And as he's in his last year shouldn't be silly money.

Not against this signing, especially not for £2-3m, but we could do with some players who could improve us now. We've definitely missed the boat with Knockeart which is a shame as I think £10m for him (which Brighton wanted) would have definitely been money well spent.

Not against this signing, especially not for £2-3m, but we could do with some players who could improve us now. We've definitely missed the boat with Knockeart which is a shame as I think £10m for him (which Brighton wanted) would have definitely been money well spent.

Wasn't our offer £10m? Still, would have been worth a couple more..

Probably signing Ritchie and Gayle very early in created expectations for the rest that are hard to live up to.

We immediately signed the best two players available to us, but there are only a finite number of those types of players, the rest have been somewhat a drag.

Last time around we only got Simpson and Routledge who were capable of climbing the division with us (although I thought it a shame we couldn't have kept van Aanholt too)

Wasn't our offer £10m? Still, would have been worth a couple more..

Seen a few stories say we offered £6m

A good player who will be good for us at this level.

Had a bad injury but if he comes back from it okay then he'll do well for us.

Ritchie and Judge on the wings would be great for us, will create loads of chances.

Happy we've bought another winger in, Rafa is obviously confident we can get by until Judge comes back.

Happy we've bought another winger in, Rafa is obviously confident we can get by until Judge comes back.

Or he's being hamstrung by the board and having his options narrowed?

What evidence do you have to suggest that? :lol:

If Rafa started to get fucked about, he'd leave. He's still here, so we can only presume all is okay.

By the way, do people not think that Gayle will ultimately end up playing wide left with Mitro in the middle, Richie on the right? He's played that role quite successfully in the past.

Don't really have a problem with this signing. Looks a good player. Just his fitness which is the concern.

I hope not given that he is a penalty box poacher.

If Rafa started to get fucked about, he'd leave. He's still here, so we can only presume all is okay.

Personally, I'd be quite surprised if Rafa is completely happy to be 4 games into the season having to jumble around our side, making do with playing Gouffran and Anita on the wing. We clearly wanted quality when we went after Knockaert earlier in the window. Not so say he's going to walk or anything, but we're nowhere near as prepared and stocked to match our position as runaway favourites at this point.

If Rafa started to get f***ed about, he'd leave. He's still here, so we can only presume all is okay.

Personally, I'd be quite surprised if Rafa is completely happy to be 4 games into the season having to jumble around our side, making do with playing Gouffran on the wing. We clearly wanted quality when we went after Knockaert earlier in the window. Not so say he's going to walk or anything, but we're nowhere near as prepared and stocked to match our position as runaway favourites at this point.

Knockaert is under contract at Brighton and they have made it clear that he is not for sale, the player is also seemingly happy at Brighton as he's not refused to play or caused a fuss.

Therefore, we've moved onto other targets (Alan Judge obviously one of them).

What is difficult to understand about that? It doesn't mean that Rafa is unhappy or anyone else is meddling around in transfers.

People forget that a majority of transfer contact is often unreported, we've probably made enquiries for a lot of wingers and it's been decided that Judge is the most viable.

If Rafa started to get f***ed about, he'd leave. He's still here, so we can only presume all is okay.

Personally, I'd be quite surprised if Rafa is completely happy to be 4 games into the season having to jumble around our side, making do with playing Gouffran on the wing. We clearly wanted quality when we went after Knockaert earlier in the window. Not so say he's going to walk or anything, but we're nowhere near as prepared and stocked to match our position as runaway favourites at this point.

Knockaert is under contract at Brighton and they have made it clear that he is not for sale, the player is also seemingly happy at Brighton as he's not refused to play or caused a fuss.

Therefore, we've moved onto other targets (Alan Judge obviously one of them).

What is difficult to understand about that? It doesn't mean that Rafa is unhappy or anyone else is meddling around in transfers.

People forget that a majority of transfer contact is often unreported, we've probably made enquiries for a lot of wingers and it's been decided that Judge is the most viable.

:snod: Agree with that above.

Rafa has already said that he's been happy that transfer news has only really hit the media when its been fairly close to completion, allowing us to get who we wanted.

However, even with Rafa its probably still a big task to perhaps get some of his preferred targets to join a club in the Championship.

Just because we've signed some players from this league, doesn't necessarily mean they aren't his targets, or he's having players pushed on him.

Always thought he was a good Championship player - which is obviously what we need to win this division.

I think there's too many, thinking too far ahead. We have to get promoted first of all, we can't build a squad for the Premier League when we're not there yet.

Always thought he was a good Championship player - which is obviously what we need to win this division.

I think there's too many, thinking too far ahead. We have to get promoted first of all, we can't build a squad for the Premier League when we're not there yet.

The opposite, I'm thinking about the immediate short term, and winning games to get us into the PL. It's a long season but him missing 15-20 games is really not ideal at all.

Rather than quality, i think the majority of people are concerned about his availability.

That being said, if the report of him being fit 'well before Christmas' is correct then he could still play a big part in the second half of the season.

Don't think we've fully readjusted as fans like :lol:  we have to be realistic about who we can attract here, Rafa has said on numerous occasions that this is a difficult market.  We couldn't just go out and sign Knockeart unfortunately, the deal was impossible to do with Brighton.  Let's see on August 31st but I think we will be ready, Rafa wouldn't have it any other way

Brighton want to go up. If they sell Knockeart to us then they are essentially giving up a big part of first place to us and leaving themselves with 2nd or play offs.

They were never going to sell him to us.