Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

There's a statement on twitter.

Seems as if the management team and ALL of the players have left. No home games for almost 2 months have drastically reduced the budget   - tomorrow's game v Carlisle has been postponed.

Looks really, really dodgy. :(

Edited by Big Geordie

6 minutes ago, Paullow said:

I'm getting Error 500 when I click the link, and see someone on Twitter has as well. Could someone please post the statement, if they can still access it?

Same here the whole website is down just tried to Google it

Following on from our previous statement we can follow on with this being the toughest statement we have produced.

We can confirm that the club is in an impossible financial situation. The previous 2 months has financially crippled the club with no financial incomings and greater financial outgoings.

The club met with the manager to discuss this and inform them of the situation. The club had to act on finances available and reduce the budget in order to save the club. Unfortunately due to the lack of income from recent postponed matches after players have been paid in full, the club is unable to continue paying the current budget. These changes needed to be made in order to still have a Football Club. 

If we continued to pay players and management in full with no incoming finance, unfortunately the club would no longer exist.

The manager held a meeting with the players and it was decided at the meeting that the Management Team and Players will all leave the club with immediate effect.

We now start the very difficult task of rebuilding the club which is steeped in history and located within a fantastic community.

We are working with the EBAC Northern Leagues Management Committee regarding our remaining fixtures. The situation has left tomorrow’s game vs Carlisle City unplayable and will not go ahead. We will keep all supporters informed of every process going forward for open and transparent communication. 

We ask for your understanding and support during this very difficult period.

37 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

What has happened to the cash that the club banked via the appeal for ground renovations, last year?

Also worth noting that a new chairman was installed a couple of weeks ago......

These are the questions that we’ll not get answered.

My stepdad said to me that North Shields Athletic have previously shown an interest in playing at North Shields’ ground.

It doesn’t they would be now, or be in a position to ever take over it, but if they do have that interest, maybe they could effectively takeover as a North Shields club.

A couple of regional clashes in the NPL East over the weekend. Stockton beat Hebburn 3-1 in front of over 600 people to pull 3 points clear of the visitors at the top of the league. Ashington lost 2-4 at home to Newton Aycliffe in a midtable battle in front of almost 500. NA have now won 3 games in a row to pull clear of the relegation zone, and have now leapfrogged Ashington in the table. Dunston won 2-0 to stay in playoff contention, and just saw Consett won away on Friday night.

Didn't realise Alex Bruce was in charge of Macclesfield in the league above. I'll probably be keeping an eye on their results going forward and hoping they lose. They've got a few recognisable players, primarily Oumar Niasse who was still on Everton's books just over 3 years ago.

Just got back from Hebburn today with Grantham.

Clubhouse was as class as I remember, only 230 there which was pretty disappointing, we brought about 50 and made a proper decent racket throughout, especially second half.

Very tight game, Grantham are now bottom of the league but you wouldn't have known it, Hebburn struggled to break us down but managed to grab one near the end.

Its a good set up there, but considering how well they're doing there just doesn't seem to be an appetite for it.

Edited by NUFCDoog

Going to watch Gateshead v York on Boxing Day and Berwick Rangers v Gala Fairydean on Saturday. First visit to Shieldfield Park for me. The bairn gets in for nowt as he's U16 and it's a tenner for me to get in or you can pay £15 instead and get a voucher for a pie and a pint which is probably what I'll do.

12 hours ago, NUFCDoog said:

Just got back from Hebburn today with Grantham.

Clubhouse was as class as I remember, only 230 there which was pretty disappointing, we brought about 50 and made a proper decent racket throughout, especially second half.

Very tight game, Grantham are now bottom of the league but you wouldn't have known it, Hebburn struggled to break us down but managed to grab one near the end.

Its a good set up there, but considering how well they're doing there just doesn't seem to be an appetite for it.

@Paully and the Hebburn Gizmos were all at the Luton game.

Great win indeed for Blyth, but it's going to shit a bit for South Shields, who were very near the top not too long ago, but now find themselves in 8th place and outside the extended playoffs. They've lost 4 on the trot, 3 of those at home, and 3 matches to sides who were near the relegation zone. Just 1 win and 4 points from their last 7 games since Nov 11th and out of the FA Trophy as well. I suspect the club being up for sale, and all the uncertainty that goes with it has played a big role there.

It's going even worse for Spennymoor in that period, they've also now lost 4 in a row, and only one point from their last 6 and also out of the FA Trophy. They are now nearer the relegation zone than the playoffs. South Shields aforementioned solitary win came against Spennymoor.

2 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Great win indeed for Blyth, but it's going to shit a bit for South Shields, who were very near the top not too long ago, but now find themselves in 8th place and outside the extended playoffs. They've lost 4 on the trot, 3 of those at home, and 3 matches to sides who were near the relegation zone. Just 1 win and 4 points from their last 7 games since Nov 11th and out of the FA Trophy as well. I suspect the club being up for sale, and all the uncertainty that goes with it has played a big role there.

It's going even worse for Spennymoor in that period, they've also now lost 4 in a row, and only one point from their last 6 and also out of the FA Trophy. They are now nearer the relegation zone than the playoffs. South Shields aforementioned solitary win came against Spennymoor.

Darlington looking doomed as well.