Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

The problem there is that the grading is not about general condition of the ground and more about being technically in line with the requirements. Like Alfreton’s ‘stadium

of seats’ where they just bolted second hand seats wherever there was space to hit the required number.

21 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Gateshead seem to be losing players left, right & centre through injuries, loans being recalled, contracts ending. Can see their Play-Off challenge disappearing if they don't recruit a few. 

Archie Mair their keeper the latest to go. Sent back to Norwich so they can send him to Morecambe. He was really good. 

So let me get this right, we can’t have 3pm KO’s televised or even highlights shown in play to protect the non-league and lower league attendances.

Today there is a full round of non-league, and lower league games involving clubs who are not in the FA Cup and we have SSN showing the in game highlights.

2 hours ago, Stifler said:

North Shields play tonight, a 7:30 KO. I don’t think I’ll go myself, but I maybe tempted to go on Friday.

0.3 down in half hour. Good turnout. Sean and Matty in attendance. 

6 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

North Shields lost their first game back after the recent crisis - 4-0 to Heaton Stannington. Just over 500 there, apparently.

Yeah they have another game tomorrow night, which I think I’ll go too.

A Friday night, with no Newcastle match on, you might think that they have a chance of getting the 500 or so they said they need to attend. I guess it all depends on if people were put off then getting well beaten last night.

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

Yeah they have another game tomorrow night, which I think I’ll go too.

A Friday night, with no Newcastle match on, you might think that they have a chance of getting the 500 or so they said they need to attend. I guess it all depends on if people were put off then getting well beaten last night.

I hope it's not going to be a regular thing - shifting home games to a Friday night, as I don't work on that day.  The fella I look after also does a different activity that night, so is unlikely to get.

On 11/01/2024 at 10:32, Big Geordie said:

I hope it's not going to be a regular thing - shifting home games to a Friday night, as I don't work on that day.  The fella I look after also does a different activity that night, so is unlikely to get.

Could have kicked off at 1.30pm tomorrow with it being a 5.30pm KO for the toon. 

51 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Anyone going to North Shields tonight?

Not until they install a card machine at the gate. My mate was there on Wednesday. Says it's all the same faces on the committee. Until they allow me to pay by card so that I know my money isn't going straight onto someone's back pocket instead of the clubs bank account they aren't getting a penny.

I'm not funding their end of season beano to Benidorm.

2 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Not until they install a card machine at the gate. My mate was there on Wednesday. Says it's all the same faces on the committee. Until they allow me to pay by card so that I know my money isn't going straight onto someone's back pocket instead of the clubs bank account they aren't getting a penny.

I'm not funding their end of season beano to Benidorm.

Aye, I’m only coming tonight to help them out in these 2 games like they asked. I’m not coming back until they take card though.

Asda has stopped giving cashback now, theirs not a cash machine in North Shields that I would fucking trust, was a proper chew on getting money out. Had to settle using a cash machine in Tynemouth, and I fucking hate using cash machines.

Edited by Stifler

15 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Aye, I’m only coming tonight to help them out in these 2 games like they asked. I’m not coming back until they take card though.

Asda has stopped giving cashback now, theirs not a cash machine in North Shields that I would fucking trust, was a proper chew on getting money out. Had to settle using a cash machine in Tynemouth, and I fucking hate using cash machines.

I'm the same. Don't trust cash machines. My brother got scammed at the one at Tescos at Billy Mill to the tune of £600 a few years ago and it's made me very cautious. Morrisons at Tynemouth still do cashback but no doubt that'll stop soon.

Shields ask fans for ideas and input but if someone mentions a card reader at the gate they are just ignored.