Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

Hoping to take the fella I look after, to Heaton Stann v North Shields, on Sat. Never been to this ground before, so looking forward to it. :) Hoping the weather holds up and the pitch has dried!

What's it like for parking? Will be heading in from Shields straight after the Newcastle game, so will hopefully get there in time for KO.

13 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Hoping to take the fella I look after, to Heaton Stann v North Shields, on Sat. Never been to this ground before, so looking forward to it. :) Hoping the weather holds up and the pitch has dried!

What's it like for parking? Will be heading in from Shields straight after the Newcastle game, so will hopefully get there in time for KO.

I'll be at this one as well! Parking is limited tbh. Most the streets around the ground are permit only on account of it being near to the Freeman so watch you don't get caught out.. There are some streets a little bit further away where you can park. If you're not familiar with the area you could always park at Sainsburys and it's about a 6/7 minute walk from there.

Edited by Wallsendmag

37 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

I'll be at this one as well! Parking is limited tbh. Most the streets around the ground are permit only on account of it being near to the Freeman so watch you don't get caught out.. There are some streets a little bit further away where you can park. If you're not familiar with the area you could always park at Sainsburys and it's about a 6/7 minute walk from there.

Cheers, WM. :thup: Sainsbury's sounds the best bet.

I think I might adopt a non-league team, so I'm ready for when everyone turns their back on the ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE. 

7 minutes ago, Choppy Chop Chop said:

3 hours max in Sainsbury's 

He should be fine if he watches the Toon game first as he won't get there till around 2.45. As long as he doesn't hang round for an hour or more after full time, but aye worth pointing out.

On 10/04/2024 at 11:15, Disco said:

He the lad who used to play for Sunlun? Vague memories of them hyping him to fuck on RTG.

I think that might have been Ryan Noble, who is the same age, and I think was more highly rated back in the day, and played a few games for them as well as some Championship loans. Seem to recall he had the nickname 'Hell On' on that board.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Noble

43 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

He should be fine if he watches the Toon game first as he won't get there till around 2.45. As long as he doesn't hang round for an hour or more after full time, but aye worth pointing out.

Will be coming straight back after the Shields game - no hanging about.

2 hours ago, OCK said:

I think I might adopt a non-league team, so I'm ready for when everyone turns their back on the ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE. 

Hebburn is the shot, good bar and the weekly entertainment is @paully. Teams playing well too

York have dropped tickets to a tenner this weekend (and free for U14s), down from the usual £21 - looks like they're heading for a sellout of ~8500. Wish they'd do it more than once a season; it's got to be a worthwhile investment. 

4 hours ago, Fezzle said:

Hebburn is the shot, good bar and the weekly entertainment is @paully. Teams playing well too

image.thumb.png.7b0f75449142052f9308f86da0d3baaf.png

Their kit isn't disgusting enough, but a good suggestion.

11 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Park from 1-70 weldon crescent and walk along up the road. Literally 5 min walk. Zero permit.

source.

i live there

11 hours ago, OCK said:

Stan is becoming my go to for good football and a decent crowd.

I coach a team there so it adds to the interest

Spennymoor won 5-2 tonight to move into the final playoff spot, but a very tight turnaround to the Alfreton (away) match on Saturday, which will be very tough as they still need points to secure their own playoff spot.

Spenny beat Banbury who are now officially relegated, and I've mentioned it before, but after 30 games, Banbury were on 37 points, Spennymoor were on 36, and now 14 games later Spennymoor have taken 35 points, whereas Banbury have just taken 1 extra. Hell of a contrast between them.

image.thumb.png.75234d2a31b33914554e032eb5107c3a.png

17 hours ago, Fezzle said:

"entertainment" is one way to put it mate [emoji38]

10 hours ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

Stan is becoming my go to for good football and a decent crowd.

I coach a team there so it adds to the interest

I love watching Heaton Stan. The crowd is class, everyone really friendly amd the volunteers that run it are all spot on as well. I get greeted by my first name at the turnstile and they even follow me on Twitter! Maybe doesn't seem like much but I love that sort of personal touch as opposed to being treated like a customer higher up the pyramid.

It's been fascinating watching the club grow over the years, from a decent Northern Alliance outfit to one of the top Northern League clubs, averaging over 400 fans a game and you see the money they make from that being pumped straight back in and improving all aspects of the club (unlike what happens at tomorrow's opponents).

Should make the Play Offs this season but I wouldn't be too arsed about them going up just yet. Wouldn't mind just one more season in the NL and to have a right good go at the Vase. Seeing them play at Wembley would be something else!

10 hours ago, Paullow said:

Spennymoor won 5-2 tonight to move into the final playoff spot, but a very tight turnaround to the Alfreton (away) match on Saturday, which will be very tough as they still need points to secure their own playoff spot.

Spenny beat Banbury who are now officially relegated, and I've mentioned it before, but after 30 games, Banbury were on 37 points, Spennymoor were on 36, and now 14 games later Spennymoor have taken 35 points, whereas Banbury have just taken 1 extra. Hell of a contrast between them.

image.thumb.png.75234d2a31b33914554e032eb5107c3a.png

How do those play-offs work?!

I know in Hebburn's league it's one-off ties;

2nd vs 5th

3rd vs 4th

with the highest ranked team left in at home in the final!

1 hour ago, ponsaelius said:

QF 4th Vs 7th 

QF 5th Vs 6th

SF 2nd Vs QF winner

SF 3rd Vs QF winner

Final - highest ranked at home 

I had a feeling it would be that - cheers pal!

11 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

I love watching Heaton Stan. The crowd is class, everyone really friendly amd the volunteers that run it are all spot on as well. I get greeted by my first name at the turnstile and they even follow me on Twitter! Maybe doesn't seem like much but I love that sort of personal touch as opposed to being treated like a customer higher up the pyramid.

It's been fascinating watching the club grow over the years, from a decent Northern Alliance outfit to one of the top Northern League clubs, averaging over 400 fans a game and you see the money they make from that being pumped straight back in and improving all aspects of the club (unlike what happens at tomorrow's opponents).

Should make the Play Offs this season but I wouldn't be too arsed about them going up just yet. Wouldn't mind just one more season in the NL and to have a right good go at the Vase. Seeing them play at Wembley would be something else!

I couldn’t agree more.

They have selected the absolute cream to run the youth football side of things. Nothing is too much trouble. Won’t go into details but literally bent over backwards for me at times.

My son adores the place. My father before moving to Grenada followed them. 

It is a hidden piece of absolute class where some who have walked past and lived close for years have no idea it is there.

The food is good. They stock Guinness zero from me asking for it. 
kids are free.

Very well priced. 
I hear the ales are magical.

And the footie is pure class as well.

I see big things for the club. But hopefully not too quickly 

They are first class mate. They really are. I remember over the winter they were opening up the clubhouse on non matchdays and people who were struggling could go along for a warm, watch a bit TV with some company to chat to and they'd put some free bait on for them as well. 

During COVID they'd be sending round their volunteers to the elderly or those who couldn't get out and getting shopping amd vital supplies in for them. Like you say nothing ever too much trouble.

They don't blow their own trumpet so a lot of what they do goes unnoticed which I like but that club deserves every success that comes its way for what they do.