Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

20 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I thought he owned Durham City.

Owns a pub up there.

Blyth got hammered 7-0 at home off Gateshead, through the week. :( It could be a very long season for them - this recent takeover seems to have disaster written all over it. I wonder why Nobby took the job on? ???

Hebburn 2-0 Bishop Auckland 

Good game and a welcome win for Hebburn albeit they’ve played three very good teams before today and conceded a fair few! 

Spartans battered 4-0 at Blyth Town, tonight. God knows what's going on and also - why the hell did Solano take the job in the first place? Everything so far pointing towards the new owner, being a con-man.

Desperate.

3 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Spartans beaten again, this time by Consett. Nobby probably going to get sacked before the season even starts.

It's desperate what's been allowed to go on at Blyth, over the last 3-4 years. Shameful.

North Shields got a 2-2 draw at Easington, although Shields were 2-0 up at one point.

10 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

It's desperate what's been allowed to go on at Blyth, over the last 3-4 years. Shameful.

North Shields got a 2-2 draw at Easington, although Shields were 2-0 up at one point.

They were 2-0 up until the 85th minute, Easington equalised in the last minute of stoppage time.

13 hours ago, OpenC said:

Lost three nowt but I don't think they looked a league apart. Hopefully they'll be ok and can kick on.

I’ll put big money on that Ryan Hardie scored one or the goals?! Superb young player!

I think I heard them singing his name, aye. Didn't see it, I only saw their first which looked like a whipped in free kick that just eluded everyone and ended up in at the far post.

Jacob Butterfield to Gateshead. Rare for Gateshead to go for a player who's played at a high level other than ex-North East big 3 local lads. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Gateshead 2-0 Carlisle, which included Hannant missing two penalties for Gateshead. 

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Gateshead 2-0 Carlisle, which included Hannant missing two penalties for Gateshead. 

Been pretty competitive all preseason, hope it rolls on in to the new season and they pick up where they left off in May.

On paper there doesn't look to be a runaway team like Wrexham, Notts Co or Chesterfield this season so they might have a chance. That's if the stadium situation is sorted. 

Hebburn vs Sunderland XI tonight - they're bringing a mix of under 23s and first teamers apparently - booked a room out for them to have their own post-match bait by their chef - Hebburn's majestic sausages and chips clearly not good enough [emoji38]

9 minutes ago, Paully said:

Hebburn vs Sunderland XI tonight - they're bringing a mix of under 23s and first teamers apparently - booked a room out for them to have their own post-match bait by their chef - Hebburn's majestic sausages and chips clearly not good enough [emoji38]

Probably scared of you ha

Might go to North Shields with Blue Star tomorrow. Blue Stars FA cup debut since their reincarnation. 2 buses of 70 seats in total going with plenty on a reserve list so should be a good crowd. Pre match pints in Chirton social club lined up for the star fans from 1.30ish.

Edited by Scoreboard82