Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

2 hours ago, Big Geordie said:

Congrats to Gateshead on their win yesterday. :thup: How much do they get for winning?

£60k

7 hours ago, TomYam said:

Berwick's an odd place. It's been horribly underfunded for several decades and has become one if the poorest towns in the country when once it was among the richest - an unpolished gem of a town.

It’s the story of the NE generally.  So many genuinely beautiful places which are undiscovered by everyone else, yet neglected and underfunded by central govt

Stumbled across a film on prime called "Bromley Boys" about a young lad who against his fathers (Alan Davies) wishes is into football in 1969. Sits at the family meal table saying why can't I be a West Ham fan, or Tottenham's only an hour away on the train. His mother (Martine McCutcheon) says what about that little team down the road? Bromley. Only watched about 20 mins so far but looks ok. Fanatical about Bromley who were bottom of the Isthmuan league at the time.

At Morpeth tonight for Northern Alliance League Cup final, Alnwick Ponteland. Ponteland two for two in meetings so far this season. Nice setup at Morpeth, they've really come on recently.

Posted (edited)

Looks like Newcastle Blue Star have been promoted to division one even though they lost the play offs.

Edited by Boo Boy

On 17/05/2024 at 20:12, OpenC said:

Any other Northern League Division 2 fans? I'll be trying to get to a few aways with Alnwick next season although I'm sure it's going to be a bruising campaign :)

Yes i follow Ryton & Crawcrook Albion when toon are not playing