Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

13 hours ago, Big Geordie said:

I thought they had got the cash together now? ?

They have. But, it needed doing earlier. The funds secured have came far too late and beyond the date set out at the start of the season for work to have started. Typical of the balloons charged with running the Club. 

1 hour ago, BUJ said:

They have. But, it needed doing earlier. The funds secured have came far too late and beyond the date set out at the start of the season for work to have started. Typical of the balloons charged with running the Club. 

It's really disappointing. I bet that funding will now 'disappear'.

Disappointing, but they have had it coming for years.

When me & my stepdad first started going in the early 20’s, they had some decent backers, I think Malcolm McDonald backed them as well at the time. They had the money to go up and do ground improvements.

Labour were in government and they could have easily gained funding for local community work for ground improvement, especially considering their location.

They were buying all the players from other clubs as well. Instead the owner was too busy slating fans for going to see NUFC, and being happy marginally better than South Shields and on par with Whitley Bay. They never did the ground improvements, and rejected promotion when they had the chance etc.

Now the likes of Hebburn and South Shields have passed them, and they have people going to see them since they are effectively locked out of SJP by giving up their season tickets under Ashley. All of a sudden they want the ground improvements etc.

2 hours ago, Ace said:

For someone who played for the mackems and smoggies I always liked him.

Aye he was classy. Might be wrong but wasn't he signed mainly to help Nicolas Medina settle? Medina never made it over here and Arca fell in love with the North-East and was a quality little player. 

Mad end to the season in the Nat League North. Blyth stay up, relatively comfortably in the end. Spennymoor were 6th at half time, and in the playoffs, but other results went against them and they end up in 9th despite winning, just behind Scarborough who also just miss out. Darlington finally won and ended up 10th.

Chorley were 3-2 up against Gloucester after 88 mins and at that stage they were 4th with a home playoff to come, but they conceded then and in the 94th minute and ended up TWELTH :lol:. Literally 4th to 12th in about 5 mins - it was ridiculously tight. Gloucester made the playoffs with that winner, at the expense of Scarborough.

11 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Over the moon that Blyth have stopped up. :)

Congrats to Ashington as well. :thup:

Blyth absolutely need to have a clear out and change direction. Constantly circling the drain and doing last minute survivals isn’t going to make them progress and will ultimately just lead to relegation.

When I was younger they used to be the biggest non-league team in the area, possibly Gateshead aside, but it seemed like more people followed Blyth, but that could just be because I’ve lived in North Tyneside nearly all my life.

6 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Blyth absolutely need to have a clear out and change direction. Constantly circling the drain and doing last minute survivals isn’t going to make them progress and will ultimately just lead to relegation.

When I was younger they used to be the biggest non-league team in the area, possibly Gateshead aside, but it seemed like more people followed Blyth, but that could just be because I’ve lived in North Tyneside nearly all my life.

Platten's luck will run out eventually. This is the 3rd/4th season in a row that they've managed an escape.

21 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

Apologies for the question.  I tried google!!  

why is national league talks like this.  Why 2-3 then 4-6  in sections?

image.thumb.png.fee1ccd65ea9b2d219f6f5493b49067a.png

4th play 7th, 5th play 6th, and the winners then play 2nd and 3rd in the play off semi’s.