Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

6 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Gateshead should’ve walked that game easily. They play lovely football but Boreham went all proper lower league on them and managed to hustle two goals. 

Happened about 20 times last season. Batter teams in the first half, they switch to direct stuff and Gateshead fold. 

6 hours ago, OpenC said:

Really enjoyed that despite losing after recovering to 2-1. Such a different experience, will definitely get to as many as I can.

Your photos on the ‘gram :thup:

On 06/08/2023 at 08:36, OpenC said:

Tried to post them here but I couldn't upload any more images :(

They’ll be too big I’d imagine. 

Stan 4-1 Tow Law for me this evening. Could and should’ve been a lot more for the home team but a decent game non the less.

Northern League splitting centre backs at goal kicks and passing out from the back is inherently wrong mind. 

Same as the other pictures I post, not sure what was happening unless there's a per user attachment limit but then I don't appear to be able to delete old ones :dontknow:

Epic triumph for Alnwick Town last night at Newcastle Independent

Not last night, but was genuinely surprised at the quality of the play at the weekend. This is more a one off that could have happened anywhere but..

Edited by OpenC

2 hours ago, Paully said:

Hebburn 2-1 Stockton - Worldie injury time winner by the local lad and my mate Olly Martin - great view of some buffoon in pink videoing the celebrations! [emoji38]

https://twitter.com/hebburntown/status/1691557144573665440?s=46&t=dFC-3qwd8_fLunsELR1fng

How much is it in down Hebburn? Tempted going down south on Friday to see you’s dumped out the cup.

4 hours ago, Disco said:

How much is it in down Hebburn? Tempted going down south on Friday to see you’s dumped out the cup.

Ha ha! League prices are £8 - not sure Friday with it being the FA Cup mate!

The bairn has just signed for Gateshead and along with all the training gear they've given him a season ticket as well (I'm sure kids go free anyway but it's the thought that counts!) and me and his mam get 25% off the admission price (£15 instead of £20) so he's asking if he can go to watch them on Saturday.

If we do go it'll be the first time I've been to watch them play since around 1990 when I went to see them play Barnet and they had Barry Fry in the dugout. I remember him being more entertaining than the match.

4 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

Gateshead by all accounts threw away strong results in the last minutes of both the first couple of games. I really think they should be making play offs this season. 

Must admit I was very impressed with the way they played against us in Pre Season. Mike Williamson has done a tremendous job there.

5 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

Gateshead by all accounts threw away strong results in the last minutes of both the first couple of games. I really think they should be making play offs this season. 

Williamson has worked wonders there. The budget he's got and they play the best football in the league by an absolute mile. Would be brilliant if they went up. 

1 hour ago, Wallsendmag said:

Must admit I was very impressed with the way they played against us in Pre Season. Mike Williamson has done a tremendous job there.

I went to the first game of the season in their National League North title winning season two seasons ago and couldn't believe the football they played. I'm sure they were something like 25-33/1 for the title but had no frame of context of how they looked compared to the rest of the league. 

It’s a positive but it’s also a negative and part of why they throw quite a lot of games away as they don’t really change their style regardless and when opposing teams go full non-league they’re not the best at dealing with it.