Cup win or promotion?

Guest Howaythetoon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think if we get promoted and Rafa stays long term I believe we'll win a cup, if we don't get promoted he'll leave and we'll be back to square one with someone like Bruce as manager.

:sadnod:

If you believe a cup is possible this season then surely you believe it's a possibility once Rafa actually has more than one transfer window to sort the club out.

Where as if we don't go up this season Rafa will likely leave, i want to win a cup as much as everyone else but i believe Rafa will get us one if he's here as long as he says he wants to be here.

League>FA Cup>Promotion>League Cup.

I am not so concerned about Rafa, tbh. He is obviously the most accomplished manager to be at this club for long while, but it is not as though he has proved invincible throughout his career. If he can't achieve promotion this year with the team he has at his disposal, Rafa should probably go, tbh.

If you win a cup but not promotion, you have still won a cup :lol:

LOL I used to be in that category. I thought if we consistently did well in the league it could give us a competitive team that could win multiple trophies.

But nah... trophy every day. Don't know what the future holds, take the prize now. We could get promoted and Rafa have a heart attack or something.

People actually saying promotion?!?!?

Crazy, we've seen our team get promotion,  we've seen our team in a relegation battle in , we've seen us finish midtable and we've even seen us challenge for the title. We've done it, we've seen it all before

But we haven't seen us win a trophy, that's what we all crave for, success.

1955 since this club won a trophy, that needs to change

Crazy, we've seen our team get promotion,  we've seen our team in a relegation battle in , we've seen us finish midtable and we've even seen us challenge for the title. We've done it, we've seen it all before

I find it staggering that people would take promotion over a cup.

This club has won ONE trophy in my lifetime.

I'm old.

I'm old.

Fairs cup? or you are an old bugger ;)

It's the new generation unfortunately,  there brought up that the premier league is the be all and end all but in reality it's not. The football league has 92 teams in it not 20

Of course staying in the top division is the aim(whatever they call it) but it's not success, not really silverware is

I'd do anything to see us win a cup, who remembers that team that finishes 17th and just stays up?

Nothings guaranteed but I do feel that if we don't get promoted this year, we will eventually, it will just take longer

I'm old.

It's the new generation unfortunately,  there brought up that the premier league is the be all and end all but in reality it's not. The football league has 92 teams in it not 20

Of course staying in the top division is the aim(whatever they call it) but it's not success, not really silverware is

I'd do anything to see us win a cup, who remembers that team that finishes 17th and just stays up?

Nothings guaranteed but I do feel that if we don't get promoted this year, we will eventually, it will just take longer

Fairs Cup,  I'm not THAT old. And it was a major achievement at the time,  an absolute disgrace that it's been downgraded in recent years.

I'm old.

Fairs Cup,  I'm not THAT old. And it was a major achievement at the time,  an absolute disgrace that it's been downgraded in recent years.

Agreed tbf mate, it was always a legitimate Europeon trophy, we beat some top teams in 69 and our crowds were fantastic for the games

I'm old.

Here comes the unpopular opinion of the day: the cups aren't nearly as important as they used to be. Not even close.

I absolutely want us to do well in cups and hope we do win one, but between the choices presented here, it's promotion 10/10 times for me.

Basically this question is crap because extrapolation is inevitable and I don't like how things look if we don't achieve promotion this season.

I'm old.

Here comes the unpopular opinion of the day: the cups aren't nearly as important as they used to be. Not even close.

I absolutely want us to do well in cups and hope we do win one, but between the choices presented here, it's promotion 10/10 times for me.

Basically this question is crap, because extrapolation is inevitable and I don't like how things look if we don't achieve promotion this season.

Its all opinion I guess, you are right people aren't as bothered about the cup as they used to be ( as this pole proves)

If we asked this in 1989 would the majority pick promotion or cup win? I think they would be cup win.

To me though, the urge for success and silverware has grown even more

I'm old.

Basically this question is crap, because extrapolation is inevitable and I don't like how things look if we don't achieve promotion this season.

Its all opinion I guess, you are right people aren't as bothered about the cup as they used to be ( as this pole proves)

If we asked this in 1989 would the majority pick promotion or cup win? I think they would be cup win.

To me though, the urge for success and silverware has grown even more

It is a real shame, as I do love a proper tournament. Why I generally find the CL, World Cup, Euros, etc. to be more intriguing than the league. The cups are the great equalizer, a chance for the small fish of English football to have at the giants. I wish they were as prominent as in the past, a truly great part of English footballing culture that I'll unfortunately never get to experience.

Promotion for me. Winning a cup whilst stuck in the Championship won't feel good and a trophy hasn't exactly done Birmingham, Wigan or Portsmouth any wonders.

Very unromantic, I know, but this season it has to be promotion. Cup over PL mediocrity though.

Promotion - every time. If you want the club to be able to attract the best players, be among the big boys(which we should be, always)and progress to be a top club perceived as such around the world, its got to be promotion.

We can wait another year or two for a cup - and I say that as one who witnessed our last major silverware won in 1969.

Promotion for me. Winning a cup whilst stuck in the Championship won't feel good and a trophy hasn't exactly done Birmingham, Wigan or Portsmouth any wonders.

Very unromantic, I know, but this season it has to be promotion. Cup over PL mediocrity though.

This .... We need promotion this year tbh... If not Rafa will leave and we'll die of death