Hull City vs Newcastle United - 29/11/16 @ 7:45pm - No UK TV

HaydnNUFC

According to Whoscored Colback has the better pass completion rate but Hayden has more assists and key passes.

Hayden also makes more tackles than anyone else in our squad and beats Colback in interceptions. They're level on blocks.

Offensively, Hayden scores more goals and completes more successful dribbles. He's also played way more minutes than Colback despite him not being first choice, which is a little odd.

(based on league stats)

But, but.... Colback plays better with Shelvey.  Based on fuck all, I will provide no examples of this or my reasoning.  He just is. 

These stats are misleading  :whistle:

For once I'm not having a go at Colback, he's been more than adequate mostly this season but for me it's folly prioritising him when he's proven to be shite in the PL. I'd rather see Hayden develop and then someone bought in the summer.

According to Whoscored Colback has the better pass completion rate but Hayden has more assists and key passes.

Hayden also makes more tackles than anyone else in our squad and beats Colback in interceptions. They're level on blocks.

Offensively, Hayden scores more goals and completes more successful dribbles. He's also played way more minutes than Colback despite him not being first choice, which is a little odd.

(based on league stats)

But, but.... Colback plays better with Shelvey.  Based on f*** all, I will provide no examples of this or my reasoning.  He just is. 

Stick to American Football mate. You have a better understanding of that  O0

(based on league stats)

But, but.... Colback plays better with Shelvey.  Based on f*** all, I will provide no examples of this or my reasoning.  He just is. 

Stick to American Football mate. You have a better understanding of that  O0

That's debatable TBH  :lol:

I mean, I'm still waiting on you to answer Tron and the numerous people asking about why you think Colback is the better option to play next to Shelvey?  But you either conveniently ignore them or just don't even know yourself.  Thought the whole point of a forum is to engage into debate?  Not just say "well I think he's better.  End of."  ???

It's my opinion, having been to every home game, and having seen 5 of the away games, that we seem to get more out of Shelvey when he's alongside Colback than when he plays with Hayden. It could be to do with the fact that as soon as Colback gets possession, he looks to give it straight to Shelvey whereas Hayden, who is more comfortable on the ball will look to do something himself but isn't as effective as Shelvey in picking out a pass. Because of this I'm pretty certain Shelvey sees a lot more of the ball when played next to Colback (certainly seems that way without having any stats to hand) and because he's our most creative player that is more beneficial to the team and we seem to create more chances.

If we get back into the PL it's clearly a tactic that won't work as Shelvey will no longer be head and shoulders above his opponent but in this league I think it's a partnership that's worked well.

It's my opinion, having been to every home game, and having seen 5 of the away games, that we seem to get more out of Shelvey when he's alongside Colback than when he plays with Hayden. It could be to do with the fact that as soon as Colback gets possession, he looks to give it straight to Shelvey whereas Hayden, who is more comfortable on the ball will look to do something himself but isn't as effective as Shelvey in picking out a pass. Because of this I'm pretty certain Shelvey sees a lot more of the ball when played next to Colback (certainly seems that way without having any stats to hand) and because he's our most creative player that is more beneficial to the team and we seem to create more chances.

If we get back into the PL it's clearly a tactic that won't work as Shelvey will no longer be head and shoulders above his opponent but in this league I think it's a partnership that's worked well.

Fair enough.

Mike Phelan has said that he wants to give 3 or 4 players some minutes who haven't played much this season but the players they bring in will be internationals and still be fielding a strong team

Not sure how seriously they're going to take it. Certainly it seems their supporters couldn't care less and Phelan has suggested quite a few changes but on the other hand we've got another match on Friday whereas they don't play until Monday so they can pick a side without worrying about their next match but Rafa might have one eye on what's looking like a tricky fixture down at Forest.

Robertson, Huddlestone & Diomande were all on the bench Saturday so presume they will be some of the ones he's alluding to.

Not one of the six Hull season ticket holders in my office (who do actually still go to games) are attending this. Sorry excuse of a club.

It's a ridiculous situation. Football is a spectator sport. It's nothing without the supporters, yet the ground will be less than half full when the demand was there from one of the clubs competing to basically fill it.

Fair comment, agree with most of that

Aye, it's going be a belter. Tbh it's normally a better atmosphere with the smaller allocations.

Have a feeling we'll lose but it's going to be tight.

Definitely this. Really looking forward to Burton from that aspect - I love a small allocation.