Notts Forest 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 02/12/16 - Both red cards rescinded by FA

Dave

Guest neesy111

Mitro for Gayle would probably be a good idea to make it stick. Ref would probably have him red carded for walking onto the pitch mind.

Wrong, we need someone to chase every ball.

Guest firetotheworks

The commentator just said "quite a turnaround if Forrest come from behind to win this game", wtf, it will hardly be a surprise.

2 pens and a 2 man advantage. Dat adversity.

Shelvey kicked out, inside the box. No matter how big of a t*** Lansbury is, it´s still red and a penalty. Dummett barged down Lansbury from behind in a clear goal scoring opportunity.

I get the siege mentality and all that, but I bet you most people supporting other football clubs will agree with the decisions.

Now lets go out there, park the bus and get those 3 points. Would taste so f***ing good! [emoji38]

Even if you think Dummett's was a pen, the new rule is that it's not also a red card.

No. Not automatically a red card. Red is still entitled to send him off.

You need to read the rules

So do you....

Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offending player is cautioned unless:

The offence is holding, pulling or pushing or

The offending player does not attempt to play the ball or there is no possibility for the player making the challenge to play the ball or

The offence is one which is punishable by a red card wherever it occurs on the field of play (e.g. serious foul play, violent conduct etc.)

In all the above circumstances the player is sent off.

That's last year's rule, it doesn't include the double punishment exclusion.

Nope that's this years laws (I'm a ref myself)

That was an accidental foul by dummett.  If you don't believe that then you need your life checking out tbh.

Nobody disagrees with that! You said the ref didn't know the laws, where actually he got it wrong.

You said it's a red, which it's not.

Its not automatically a red but still can be

We'd have won this game comfortably if only there were competent refs in England.

Even a defeat doesn't leave me too concerned.

I think we might have to write off a few games tbh, the refs in this division are either being bought off or have gigantic chips on their shoulder.

Guest neesy111

Shelvey kicked out, inside the box. No matter how big of a t*** Lansbury is, it´s still red and a penalty. Dummett barged down Lansbury from behind in a clear goal scoring opportunity.

I get the siege mentality and all that, but I bet you most people supporting other football clubs will agree with the decisions.

Now lets go out there, park the bus and get those 3 points. Would taste so f***ing good! [emoji38]

Even if you think Dummett's was a pen, the new rule is that it's not also a red card.

So do you....

Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offending player is cautioned unless:

The offending player does not attempt to play the ball or there is no possibility for the player making the challenge to play the ball or

The offence is one which is punishable by a red card wherever it occurs on the field of play (e.g. serious foul play, violent conduct etc.)

That was an accidental foul by dummett.  If you don't believe that then you need your life checking out tbh.

Nobody disagrees with that! You said the ref didn't know the laws, where actually he got it wrong.

It's like arguing with a woman.

No, I've not once said it's a red. I said the ref had a choice, in response to you saying he didn't know the laws.

Fine, fair enough.  Well the other officials should tell him in that radio system they have.  This standard of officiating is abysmal.

Guest firetotheworks

We'd have won this game comfortably if only there were competent refs in England.

I think we might have to write off a few games tbh, the refs in this division are either being bought off or have gigantic chips on their shoulder.

They're just shit, it's not a conspiracy.

So do you....

No, I've not once said it's a red. I said the ref had a choice, in response to you saying he didn't know the laws.

Fine, fair enough.  Well the other officials should tell him in that radio system they have.  This standard of officiating is abysmal.

Wasn't even a foul for me just to be clear on my thoughts ?

Hmm, but they are always shit for us, not for the other team.

Maybe we'll get some of the rancid decisions going in our favour second half of the season then.

Guest neesy111

So do you....

Its not automatically a red but still can be

Accidental foul though which it was despite the pathetic dive.

Guest neesy111

So do you....

Wasn't even a foul for me just to be clear on my thoughts ?

Agreed.