Preparing for the Premier League

Altamullan

If the £70m warchest is accurate then perhaps five buys, two loans, and a free transfer or two? Suspect shifting some of the (non-starting) higher wage earners and sorting out the Rubik's Cube mess of our own farmed-out herd with be important in terms of the ongoing expenditure/balance sheets working out. 

Safe to say that we want and need to sign a quality striker in the summer. Who would you go for? It's not very easy to come up with a realistic but quality player for this position when I think about it. Not realistic in any way but someone in the mould of Lacazette would be perfect (I know :lol:)

Safe to say that we want and need to sign a quality striker in the summer. Who would you go for? It's not very easy to come up with a realistic but quality player for this position when I think about it. Not realistic in any way but someone in the mould of Lacazette would be perfect (I know :lol:)

Icardi.

Icardi.

Yeah thought about him but I doubt he's an realistic option tbh :lol: (not even sure if you are being serious or not)

Icardi.

Yeah thought about him but I doubt he's an realistic option tbh :lol:

Yeah it's unrealistic. I wonder if Rafa could attract that sort of player if the funds were available.

Would Batshuayi on loan be a totally unrealistic option? How has he been doing for Chelsea btw?  I mean if Chelsea sign another striker in the summer.

Liked the look of him just before he moved to Chelsea.

Aye, you're probably right that he earns a coin or two. Wouldn't be against it when it comes to loaning a couple of first teamers for our first season back. I mean loans aren't free or anything but I'm sure there would be a couple of decent deals to do for a couple of quality players which would give us more money for the permanent signings. Having said that, whoever we possibly loan I would like there to be an option to buy (preferably) at the end of the season with a price already set.

Rafa isn't going to magically get us to sign players like Icardi or Batshauyi :lol:

We need to be realistic it's going to be a couple of years of steady improvement before we can even begin think of that.

we need to be going for an aubameyang before he went to dortmund or a lacazette of a couple of years ago

someone rafa has identified as on the rise who we can tempt quickly with sub-£20m fee, really can't see us busting £20m for a player yet :/

Rafa isn't going to magically get us to sign players like Icardi or Batshauyi :lol:

We need to be realistic it's going to be a couple of years of steady improvement before we can even begin think of that.

I agree regarding Icardi, but Batshit is much more realistic, even though still quite/very unlikely.

Better than anything we've got and vastly experienced.. unlike anything we've got

In 2017 he isn't, he's been crap for two years.

Alreet then Jamaal and co are better

I think there are other options out there tbh :lol:

You sarcastically put it down :lol: But he's a big reason Chelsea was so s**** last season and why Conte was quick to drop him.

He's old and it happens to everyone, he's not good enough to be a PL defender anymore. I don't rate what we have that highly tbh, but that just says how much he's dropped off.

You sarcastically put it down :lol: But he's a big reason Chelsea was so s**** last season and why Conte was quick to drop him.

He's old and it happens to everyone, he's not good enough to be a PL defender anymore. I don't rate what we have that highly tbh, but that just says how much he's dropped off.

I think for another year he'll be good enough and would help our defensive. Undeniably better than what we have and for free which leaves more money for other signings, like in every other position!

Let's face it, I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised if we actually outlay anything near to £70m being quoted. Pfft I think we need to spend £100m to have a half decent prem team.