Preparing for the Premier League

Altamullan

I'd be satisfied with avoiding any flirtation with relegation. I am kind of hoping for some better football, well to be fair more regular decent football to watch. Is entirely down to who we can attract, I think. We are clearly crying out for more quality; the demonstration of this is, I guess, one of the few positives to take from our implosion over the last few games. 

Say we actually do get promoted what do people expect to achieve next season?

12th-14th with relatively little drama would be a very reasonable return. Build from there.

But it depends on who the players and manager are when the transfer window is over.

Whole new squad needed.

Players that will have to be moved in:

Gouffran

Hanley

Dummet

Colback

Diame

Selz

Haidara

Realistically, not many of them will go and it will simply be a case of adding to what we have rather than reshaping the squad. A huge amount of money will be needed to ensure we stay up, let alone go beyond that.

Realistically, if we are relying on those named players as squad players next season Rafa will not be our manager.

Need to shift Saivet and Riviere off our books too.

This is a really daft question, but assuming some players had clauses in their contract that meant their wages went down should we get relegated (which we did), I presume their wages will just stay at what they are now if we go up rather than return to what they were last season?

Guest neesy111

Guessing we might get some money for Saivet since he's been playing regularly this season.  Riviere we'd probably have to pay to get rid, 2 league goals in 3 seasons.

This is a really daft question, but assuming some players had clauses in their contract that meant their wages went down should we get relegated (which we did), I presume their wages will just stay at what they are now if we go up rather than return to what they were last season?

I would guess at the opposite tbh, can't see why wages agreed whilst in the Premier League would be replaced permanently.

Guest chopey

I just wish we were up so we could start rubbing our chins over the best relegation players from the premier league.

I would guess at the opposite tbh, can't see why wages agreed whilst in the Premier League would be replaced permanently.

Same

Replacement  GK

Anita/Yedlin

Replacement  CB

Clark 

Replacement  LB

Ritchie

Shelvey

Replacement CM

Replacement LM

Replacement No.10

Gayle/Replacement  back up ST

Keep as cover:

Darlow

Woodman

Dummett

Lacelles

Mbemba

Hayden

Aarons

Perez

Mbabu

Get rid of:

Krul

Colback

Hanley

Lazaar

Haidara

Gouffran

Sels

Elliott

Gamez

Ameobi

Mitrovic

Rivière

Saivet

Armstrong

Diame

Murphy

Guest neesy111

Would Jesé Rodríguez be worth a punt, on loan maybe?

I think he wants to stay in Spain, Boro were after him but he decided to stay in Spain despite them offering better terms.

Would Jesé Rodríguez be worth a punt, on loan maybe?

I think he wants to stay in Spain, Boro were after him but he decided to stay in Spain despite them offering better terms.

Alright, didn't know this :thup: He can stay and eat his Paella then.

Guessing we might get some money for Saivet since he's been playing regularly this season.  Riviere we'd probably have to pay to get rid, 2 league goals in 3 seasons.

We could try playing some of these players we've bought. Actually give them a chance? Especially ones that have done well out on loan. I always find that's a useful way to find out whether they're any good.

(obviously this is in reference to Saivet, not Riviere)

Guest neesy111

We could try playing some of these players we've bought. Actual give them a chance? Especially ones that have done well out on loan. I always find that's a useful way to find out whether they're any good.

(obviously this is in reference to Saivet, not Riviere)

I agree with Saivet, very strange what happened to him.  Was probably our best player in a shocking performance at Everton, gets hooked and hardly been seen since.