Newcastle United 3-1 Notts Forest - 30/12/2016. Post match reaction from page 17

Disco

Guest neesy111

We scored our second goal within four minutes of the red card like.

The guy who was sent off was man marking Gayle according to BBC Newcastle. 

Probably let Gayle off the leash.

Diame was mint when he came on, brilliant little cameo from him.

Thought Lascelles was pretty poor today with his distribution from the back and it was his error that led to their first goal. Colback and Atsu were both poor too but Ritchie looked a lot better than he has recently and Yedlin was bombing forward plenty in the first half. If we're persisting with this formation, we desperately need to upgrade at #10

Just got back from the match. Any consensus yet what Matt Mills was sent off for? No one near me had a clue what it was all about and still none the wiser from reading reports. Nufc.com thinks that it was dissent, but second yellow followed a long discussion with the fourth official so that doesn't make much sense to me.

The concept was the same regardless. What helped was the fans weren't accepting another shite performance so let it known so you got the players in second gear going into the ones further up which helped in the end.

Moving on we clearly have a squad good enough but a lot of them are just new to each other. Both Sheff Wed and Forest could play intricately within 4 square yards with confidence and we can't within a third of a pitch with our passing...

This leads me to the half time with our subs that came out and warmed up with the ball with each other after the target practice. They started by passing well then started passing the ball to no one. The Forest keeper came out and played a curling blinder pass to Mbemba to show him how it was done.

Diame was mint when he came on, brilliant little cameo from him.

Thought Lascelles was pretty poor today with his distribution from the back and it was his error that led to their first goal. Colback and Atsu were both poor too but Ritchie looked a lot better than he has recently and Yedlin was bombing forward plenty in the first half. If we're persisting with this formation, we desperately need to upgrade at #10

Disagree strongly about Lascelles. I thought he stood out positively, especially compared to Clarke who was very poor first half.

The referee was so s*** tonight,  the yellow card Clark received in the first half was absolutely ridiculous

Christ, aye. The ball literally went back the opposite way to the direction the player was running, such a good, clean tackle.

Just got back from the match. Any consensus yet what Matt Mills was sent off for? No one near me had a clue what it was all about and still none the wiser from reading reports. Nufc.com thinks that it was dissent, but second yellow followed a long discussion with the fourth official so that doesn't make much sense to me.

Consensus from Twitter seemed to be he was booked for fouling Perez, then was immediately booked again for dissent - either something he said or for apparently chucking the ball at Gayle. On Twitter the journalists were saying the fourth official was involved.

Guest neesy111

Threw the ball at Gayle.

The referee was so s*** tonight,  the yellow card Clark received in the first half was absolutely ridiculous

Christ, aye. The ball literally went back the opposite way to the direction the player was running, such a good, clean tackle.

It was a class tackle and I think the booking knocked Clark off his game as he was pretty poor after that in the first half.

Never seen a player whinge as much as Kasami did tonight for a long time

Consensus from Twitter seemed to be he was booked for fouling Perez, then was immediately booked again for dissent - either something he said or for apparently chucking the ball at Gayle. On Twitter the journalists were saying the fourth official was involved.

He clearly didn't throw the ball at Gayle, the highlights show that.

The fourth official was involved. Ref had a long discussion with him. That's why I don't understand the dissent argument. Unless the first yellow was dissent and the second was the fourth official saying that the foul also merited a card. Totally bizarre in any case.

When we got a free kick for a Forest player being offside and he let us take it in their half :lol:

He didn't just let us, he made us move the ball from our half into theirs. Totally weird moment.

When we got a free kick for a Forest player being offside and he let us take it in their half [emoji38]

To be fair that's the new rule now,  you take the free kick where the player touches the ball so he was correct with that decision

No idea why they needed to change the rule  like

Another shitty game to be honest. We need a couple if central midfielders because Colback is just w***. Hayden is hardly playing well either.  Diame should take Colbacks place against Blackburn on Monday.

We really need to sort ourselves out as we just look crap at the minute.

After committing a rash challenge which he was booked for he picked up the ball, walked away with it, then shoved it into Gayle's stomach. Nor the referee or the linesman saw it, but the 4th official did. He could easily have been sent off for that alone as the force he did with could be classed as assault.

After committing a rash challenge which he was booked for he picked up the ball, walked away with it, then shoved it into Gayle's stomach. Nor the referee or the linesman saw it, but the 4th official did. He could easily have been sent off for that alone as the force he did with could be classed as assault.

:lol:

:lol:

You laugh but you'd be amazed at the things that are classed as assault.

In this case though the point is that he clearly did it with intent to hurt Gayle.

Thought it was a decent performance, defending a bit suspect at times in the first half. Forest were kind of playing with all of their attackers lined up against our back four, which created a few chances from direct balls.

Glad to see Rafa trying Diame at CM, looked so much better without Colback. Remove him and Dummett and we'd look another level.

Were you at the game ? Ando and that opther guy made it sound dreadful despite the win, in fact only reason we got the three points according to Ando was because of the sending off. Was Ando just being his usual miserable self ?

My mate at the game reckons we wouldn't have won without the red card.

I would probably second this although it's debatable if we actually got any better after the red card, we were shit before it we were shit after it. Maybe they would have buckled anyway??

Special mention for Forest's antics though, appalling doesn't cut it. All sorts of gymnastics, and it won't ever be mentioned but while the whole fracas leading up to the red card being shown was happening Pereira had grabbed Gayle by the collar and was shoving him from behind towards the milburn touchline presumably to try to get a reaction so he could indulge in some dramatics and get him sent off. It's absolutely institutionalised cheating in what is a poor replica of a once proud club.