The other games today 2017/18

Greg

Mourinho just can't do decent football.

Big game and so didn't want to take any kind of risk, which is understandable, but my goodness this is disgusting.

Tactical perfection tbf. Beautiful in its own way.

Fuck off man [emoji38]

An approach like this isn't below Rafa, and if it brought home a European trophy, it would indeed be beautiful.

Can't remember Rafa's Chelsea playing like this against Benfica in the final when he was there, and Benfica were a much better team than this Ajax are

Anyway it's nowhere near beautiful either way

If it were an Italian side, everyone would be, rightly, creaming over the tactical approach. Majestic.

Shite football managed by dickheads is your nectar :pards:

From what I've seen, Man U have been dull for some time now. They seem to be so much less than the sum of their parts.

But this may be a crucial win in terms of attracting the players that want CL football.

they signed Pogba and Ibra without CL football ffs.

Well it's not impossible, but I think there are some players, who have all sorts of options, for whom CL football will tip the decision.

There's a gap now between Man U and the best sides, which will be difficult to bridge. Mourinho needs all the help he can get.

From what I've seen, Man U have been dull for some time now. They seem to be so much less than the sum of their parts.

But this may be a crucial win in terms of attracting the players that want CL football.

Well it's not impossible, but I think there are some players, who have all sorts of options, for whom CL football will tip the decision.

There's a gap now between Man U and the best sides, which will be difficult to bridge. Mourinho needs all the help he can get.

They will spend £200m and challenge for the title next year. Get Griezemann, one midfielder and one defender and they'll be right there.

They will spend £200m and challenge for the title next year. Get Griezemann, one midfielder and one defender and they'll be right there.

Well we'll see, but they won't be the only club spending big.

What struck me last night was how poor a lot of their football was. They have some good individuals, but looked anything but a team. There were a lot of long balls, flat and over-hit, which went nowhere. Like his immediate predecessors, Mourinho is looking for the right blend and a coherent style, and that's not easy when the team is under pressure to succeed right away.

Griezmann won't join Man Utd because they have a better chance of winning the CL than Atleti.

They're Man Utd and they're one of the richest clubs in the world.  They'll spend their way back to competitiveness. 

Again I reiterate this summer their top signings left clubs who would expect to run deep in the CL.  Europa League winners don't sign the best player from CL semi finalists unless other non football related factors are th major cause. 

They're probably going to need a keeper , a left back , a centre half, two midfielders and probably a striker too. They'll get them and still play like Pardew manages them.

Big game and so didn't want to take any kind of risk, which is understandable, but my goodness this is disgusting.

Fuck off man [emoji38]

An approach like this isn't below Rafa, and if it brought home a European trophy, it would indeed be beautiful.

Can't remember Rafa's Chelsea playing like this against Benfica in the final when he was there, and Benfica were a much better team than this Ajax are

If it were an Italian side, everyone would be, rightly, creaming over the tactical approach. Majestic.

Not really sure that the greatest club manager of the last 15 years can be equated with Pardew like.

Appreciate Mou went too mainstream for the 'desperate to be hipster' brigade.

Fuck off man [emoji38]

Not really sure that the greatest club manager of the last 15 years can be equated with Pardew like.

Is it hipster to not like shit football and dislike people who eye gouge and get other people fired for doing their job now? I'll happily be a hipster if so

Not having this "classic Mou" crap.

His last 2 CL wins came somewhat against the odds. Beating more experienced, often more expensive and certainly better opposition en route.

This - Man Utd the strongest team in the competition in all of the above areas - by a distance too.

Fuck off man [emoji38]

:lol::lol:

Griezmann won't join Man Utd because they have a better chance of winning the CL than Atleti.

They're Man Utd and they're one of the richest clubs in the world.  They'll spend their way back to competitiveness. 

Again I reiterate this summer their top signings left clubs who would expect to run deep in the CL.  Europa League winners don't sign the best player from CL semi finalists unless other non football related factors are th major cause. 

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Griezmann, because Chelsea are supposed to be interested in him now. I do think if they hadn't won last night, Griezmann would definitely be opting for Chelsea, and even now I don't think he'd have been much encouraged by watching Man U's performance.

The alternative of overcoming a player's reluctance to join by throwing money at them doesn't always work out. There's always pressure on a big money signing, and if things go wrong the player's morale can easily suffer.

Looking at Pogba, whilst he seemed to be keen to re-join Man U, he looks like a player under pressure. He tries to do something brilliant nearly every time he gets the ball - even on his own goal line, last night. Despite his talent, there's a lack of coherence in that midfield.

That Man U side needs a lot of work, and the best players in the world can suffer if they're in a difficult environment.

Guest firetotheworks

Fuck off man [emoji38]

:lol: I can't get my head around the way you think, like. The football he has teams playing is absolutely shite and you're a neutral, so why do you care if it wins trophies?

Fuck off man [emoji38]

:lol: I can't get my head around the way you think, like. The football he has teams playing is absolutely shite and you're a neutral, so why do you care if it wins trophies?

I don't care in the slightest tbf. Ideally I'd want the English top 6 to all crumble out of existence and never lift a trophy again. Appreciate a Mourinho tactical masterclass and the preparation which goes into it, that is all.

We had mugs moaning about Rafa's 'practical' approach. For me it doesn't matter one iota if it's successful.