The other games today 2017/18

Greg

Wagner: "they were probably both penalties."

Hughes: "ours was a penalty, there's was not."

Danny Murphy: "herpa derp derp."

Grim.

Enjoyed Murphy saying they didn't need to analyse if the Bournemouth equaliser was a handball or not because the goal was given by the referee

:lol: He's a fucking div, Murphy. Probably the worst they have on that sofa.

Shearer is genuinely the best, no bias.

I can't help but feel Shearer thinks the same of Murphy. I swear whenever I watch MOTD and Murphy says one of his inane things, Shearer either can't help but disagree or just glances at him with a look as if saying to himself 'pick your battles, there's just not enough time in the world for this ballbag'.

Nah Murphy was a decent player, good passer, eye for goal etc. Much better than Shelvey for example.

He's such a bad pundit though.

There was a point when Shearer and Wright were bad pundits. But at least (Wright has always been a character) they were great players. Shearer arguably the best the PL had ever seen and Wright a top 10.

Murphy was decent. Why is he on the tele? Never managed at any level. A handy but unspectacular PL player. A crap pundit. No charm. Ugly as owt.

Compared to Sky - at least the pundits were mostly really good players. Often get in ex-Managers.

Guest Howaythetoon

Wright is a shit pundit when it comes to analysis, but he’s funny, inoffensive and likeable in many ways. There is a natural chemistry with his co pundits. The likes of Murphy though... brings nowt to the table.

Wright is a s*** pundit when it comes to analysis, but he’s funny, inoffensive and likeable in many ways. There is a natural chemistry with his co pundits. The likes of Murphy though... brings nowt to the table.

Wright is much improved imo. Much like Shearer his analysis of strikers - their movement and patterns of finishing is top notch. He also seems to do his research (except when it comes to his mate Pardew - and I believe they are literal mates and he doesn't try to hide that bias). Wright has made the effort to improve imo.

But like you say... if you disregard all of that. At the very least there's personality, wit and a bit of charm.

Guest Howaythetoon

Wright is a s*** pundit when it comes to analysis, but he’s funny, inoffensive and likeable in many ways. There is a natural chemistry with his co pundits. The likes of Murphy though... brings nowt to the table.

Wright is much improved imo. Much like Shearer his analysis of strikers - their movement and patterns of finishing is top notch. He also seems to do his research (except when it comes to his mate Pardew - and I believe they are literal mates and he doesn't try to hide that bias). Wright has made the effort to improve imo.

But like you say... if you disregard all of that. At the very least there's personality, wit and a bit of charm.

He’s bang on about strikers, but outside of that area, he’s shit. I like Wright though, apart from when he’s talking about Pardew or us. As for Murphy being ugly though... :lol: who cares!

Negative as f*** this from Palace. Going to tweet Gary Neville.

I loved last nights post coming back at Neville with the 7 0 defeat against Barca