Ipswich Town 3-1 Newcastle United - 17/04/17 - Post-match reaction from page 33

BlueStar

We're not good enough. Simple as. If we don't go up automatically then it's because we haven't deserved to.

We've no grit, we're not entertaining, very little passion, and simply don't have character or an ability to handle pressure.

The most striking aspect of our abject performance is the lack of any real intensity to our play.  Everything looks to happen in slow motion.  We pass the ball around a bit before floating a leisurely ball for the Ipswich defence to gobble up.  Diame ambles forward, dragging his ancient frame along before passing it sideways or losing the ball.  We never flood their half of the pitch with players, we never put their midfield under serious pressure.  Everything done as if we have all the time in the world and it doesn't matter what the opposition are up to.  That's down to the manager.

There's one thing that if promotion doesn't happen, Rafa will be away and Ashley/NUFC are going to be f***ed financially. Shelvey, Ritchie and Gayle will be peddled, as will anyone else he can get money for.

Not exactly a dream scenario.

There's one thing that if promotion doesn't happen, Rafa will be away and Ashley/NUFC are going to be fucked financially. Shelvey, Ritchie and Gayle will be peddled, as will anyone else he can get money for.

Would you want Rafa to take another shot at promotion on the basis of the last few weeks?  He isn't getting anywhere near the potential out of our players.

There's one thing that if promotion doesn't happen, Rafa will be away and Ashley/NUFC are going to be fucked financially. Shelvey, Ritchie and Gayle will be peddled, as will anyone else he can get money for.

Would you want Rafa to take another shot at promotion on the basis of the last few weeks?  He isn't getting anywhere near the potential out of our players.

His staying or going may have been decided some weeks ago, given the players appearing to give up. Something's not right, IMO.

Tbh, Rafa would be far better suited to managing us against better sides. It's the embarrassing performances we've put in against championship fodder that have spoken volumes about his inability to prepare us against utterly shore teams.

We'll be lucky to make the play offs and it will be the old story once again.

:lol:

I think we'll be alreet to qualify for those tbf.

It will be us vs Fulham or Sheff Wed who have done the double on us. I doubt I will bother following if the worst happens.

Guest chopey

"Is that appling the rules or being fussy"

"some would say appling the rules some would say fussy"

This radio commentry is horrific

We'll be lucky to make the play offs and it will be the old story once again.

:lol:

I think we'll be alreet to qualify for those tbf.

It will be us vs Fulham or Sheff Wed who have done the double on us. I doubt I will bother following if the worst happens.

I read it as he was saying we wouldn't qualify for them.

Rafa has to be called out if this stays this way, it's all well and good keeping it fresh, but the changes are terrible. He's got this completely wrong, and appears unwilling at the moment to change it. It's not getting any better.