Ipswich Town 3-1 Newcastle United - 17/04/17 - Post-match reaction from page 33

BlueStar

Guest ElCid

Why the fuck make so many changes after a decent performance last game and don't give me the shit about 2 games in three days

7 points behind Brighton now, if huddersfield win their game in hand we are 2 points ahead, it's twitchy arse time now.

If Huddersfield win today and their game in hand arses will be extremely twitchy, mine included.

Ritchie has an absolute nightmare over two minutes. Diame spreads it over the majority of the season. 

Haven't looked like scoring goals since before Gayle got injured the months ago. Can potentially create (not on this half performance) but have no finishers.

Diame is a proper fraud.  Just lumbers around the pitch, occasionally jogging with the ball before doing a pointless turn and passing it backwards.  What does Rafa see in him?

It's awful defending for the goal and for the potential second straight after. Nobody is closing down, getting in their faces. It's not that difficult to attempt to stop a cross, is it?

FWIW I still think we'll beat them. Reckon we're in for an interesting second half.

Wish I had your confidence, nothing at all from our performance from the first half or even over the last few months suggest we are getting back in this game.

Getting to the stage where we're relying on other results now. Fucking joke.

This.

Complete cowards this team. They downed tools after the Huddersfield game seemingly thinking job was done.

They can't handle pressure so all we're doing is making it easier for Huddersfield.

It's awful defending for the goal and for the potential second straight after. Nobody is closing down, getting in their faces. It's not that difficult to attempt to stop a cross, is it?

FWIW I still think we'll beat them. Reckon we're in for an interesting second half.

An early 2nd half goal for us and we will go on to win, Ipswich will collapse.

Relying on other teams to take points from Huddersfield because we seem incapable of getting over the line ourselves. Getting more and more difficult to argue we're not bottling this big time.

We have already bottled it, going up now rests on other teams doing us a favour.

Err, no it doesn't.

Guest neesy111

Getting to the stage where we're relying on other results now. Fucking joke.

This.

Complete cowards this team. They downed tools after the Huddersfield game seemingly thinking job was done.

They can't handle pressure so all we're doing is making it easier for Huddersfield.

Manager isn't helping tbh, didn't have to change the team that much.

Rafa's not as good as people make him sound man.

Give over man. He needed to buy players whilst everyone was strengthening and he wasn't allowed to. This is LC and MA's fault.

Hughton seems to be doing alright with far less...

BRIGHTON

In

Fikayo Tomori - Chelsea (loan)

Chuba Akpom - Arsenal (loan)

Glenn Murray - Bournemouth (undisclosed)

NEWCASTLE

In

Aye, he's only been there half of the season...wut.

:lol:

Making a loan a permanent signing is still classed as a new signing mate

And you are ignoring the other two signings? The fact is that the board should have backed Rafa in January to get the job done and they only have themselves to blame if this goes tits-up.

No I'm not. Both signings have been mainly been on the bench. Even without January signings, this side should be doing much better since the turn of the year.

Reminds me of keeping someone in your fantasy team hoping that THIS week he'll come good. Diame and Lascelles shouldn't be starting, and Mitrovic shouldn't be on the fucking bench. Sort it out Rafa ffs. Throwing promotion away would be unacceptable at this stage regardless who the manager is.

Diame is a proper fraud.  Just lumbers around the pitch, occasionally jogging with the ball before doing a pointless turn and passing it backwards.  What does Rafa see in him?

he thinks he's safe, do a job, up n down, no skill mind but Rafas ok with that. :dave:

That was fucking awful. Either Murphy or Diame have to come off at half time, probably atsu as well.

They all need to come off.  Either that or at least Diame and Murphy off and Atsu switched with Ritchie.

I know people are saying we are bottling it and we are but we've had massive amounts of bad luck with injuries to key players at key times, referring decisions etc.

We're not exactly helping ourselves with our shit performances though. 

That was f***ing awful. Either Murphy or Diame have to come off at half time, probably atsu as well.

It's incredible that either started tbqh.

One or the other for me, never both.

If you're going to have statuesque Murphy up top you can't also have ponderous fucking Diame running through treacle behind him.

Christ.