Newcastle United lose Judicial Review against HMRC

ChrisMcQuillan

What was the story with Swindon in 1990? Was it something similar to this? :undecided:

a small piece re Swindon and it's demotion in 1990

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/swindon-financial-irregularities-and-demotion.1355540/

The joy is short-lived though, as just ten days later, the Football League decide to demote the Town two divisions, after they admit 36 breaches of League rules - 35 of which are related to illegal payments. The Swindon board immediately appeal, but High Court action is dropped due to lack of funding - and the fans protest, thousands signing a "1st not 3rd" petition. The FA Appeal Panel reduce the demotion to just one division, and Swindon are denied their first-ever taste of top flight football. Hillier and director Gary Herbert were eventually jailed, Farrar and former club secretary Dave King received suspended sentences.

What was the story with Swindon in 1990? Was it something similar to this? :undecided:

a small piece re Swindon and it's demotion in 1990

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/swindon-financial-irregularities-and-demotion.1355540/

The joy is short-lived though, as just ten days later, the Football League decide to demote the Town two divisions, after they admit 36 breaches of League rules - 35 of which are related to illegal payments. The Swindon board immediately appeal, but High Court action is dropped due to lack of funding - and the fans protest, thousands signing a "1st not 3rd" petition. The FA Appeal Panel reduce the demotion to just one division, and Swindon are denied their first-ever taste of top flight football. Hillier and director Gary Herbert were eventually jailed, Farrar and former club secretary Dave King received suspended sentences.

The same Dave King who is at Rangers now?

:lol: what fresh hell is this

Nufc, a real life soap opera.

Back in the prem 5 minutes and the s*** begins to fly.

It's insane. :lol: Expect Rafa to sign an extension on Thursday and wild boars to decimate the U-18s on Friday.

:lol:

Its all in the script. North Eastenders.

I thought he was on a free transfer as he was only on loan at west ham ?

He was their player, but had a relegation release clause, hence the free transfer.

From Wikipedia (for what its worth)

Following their relegation to the Championship after a 3–2 loss away to Wigan Athletic he invoked a release clause in his contract allowing him to leave for free. He turned down a £50,000-a-week salary plus a bonus payment of £500,000 in order to stay in the Premier League with another club, triggering interest from both Everton and Newcastle United.

I thought he was on a free transfer as he was only on loan at west ham ?

He was free but West Ham owned him. He had a release clause because they were relegated if I recall correctly.

Ahh fcking hell,  probably why they asked Chelsea as well.  I bet he had a similar deal when he joined them from us.

Sun writing complete bollocks shocker.

Do you work for them?

Have you read the article? They don't even know what the write, the structure is all over the place and they name check pretty much every player, and everything related to HMRC and football clubs with no context.

The media are desperate for a scandal over this.

Do you work for them?

Have you read the article? They don't even know what the write, the structure is all over the place and they name check pretty much every player, and everything related to HMRC and football clubs with no context.

I wouldn't give them the privilege of my attention. Vile Tory propaganda rag that it is.

Do you work for them?

Scandal is all the media have to fill 24 hoyr news coverage. Constant soap opera shit.

Given that HMRC are under pressure to deliver something to prove they don't just hit the little guys I doubt this is going to end well.  They got slaughtered for the last attempt to bring football in line (Karren Brady, Harry Redknapp where particularly scathing) so I doubt they will make the same mistake again.

Given that HMRC are under pressure to deliver something to prove they don't just hit the little guys I doubt this is going to end well.  They got slaughtered for the last attempt to bring football in line (Karren Brady, Harry Redknapp where particularly scathing) so I doubt they will make the same mistake again.

Never underestimate the stupidity of government organisations.

Never underestimate the stupidity of government organisations.

Fair challenge as long as you don't underestimate the stupidity of Newcastle United

Do you work for them?

I wouldn't give them the privilege of my attention. Vile Tory propaganda rag that it is.

The Sun,aka The Daily Swastika!!

Depends if there's any hook, line and sinker evidence in what they've seized as to how long it'll take I suppose.

Considering how Charnley has been released and will be questioned later you have to assume nothing has been found.

Depends if there's any hook, line and sinker evidence in what they've seized as to how long it'll take I suppose.

Considering how Charnley has been released and will be questioned later you have to assume nothing has been found.

You'd hope. Could take them weeks to go through all the files they've got though.