Newcastle United lose Judicial Review against HMRC

ChrisMcQuillan

Charnley would definitely instantly rat on anyone to save himself, like. Interesting to see what happens next.

Yup, especially if he suspects that he's being chucked under the bus. This bloke is way out his depth, and Ashley is ruthless. Honestly I hope there's correspondence (Charnley's kept some sort of record) implicating Ashley, basically painting the narrative that Ashley is more hands-on than it's often reported, and this tax avoidance scheme was hatched from the very top. Early Christmas present if Charnley has covered his arse and he flips on his paymaster.

Are you two on drugs?

Who have we picked up from Marssaille recently, Henri Saveit?

Cabella and Thauvin.

I remember reading something about this investigation goes back 7 years. If so, you can include Hatem in there as well.

Who was chairman then? Llambias?

Would've been, aye. Charnley was appointed 3 years ago.

Who have we picked up from Marssaille recently, Henri Saveit?

Cabella and Thauvin.

I remember reading something about this investigation goes back 7 years. If so, you can include Hatem in there as well.

Who was chairman then? Llambias?

Would have been aye, about the sametime we started buying from France on the cheap.

Don't think anyone at the club gives a fuck about PR or putting the fans minds at rest.

Statement is as expected, regardless of wrong doing or otherwise.

People need to stop micro analysing every last bit of information. It'll come out in the wash, that's if there's even a wash load in.

Charnley would definitely instantly rat on anyone to save himself, like. Interesting to see what happens next.

Yup, especially if he suspects that he's being chucked under the bus. This bloke is way out his depth, and Ashley is ruthless. Honestly I hope there's correspondence (Charnley's kept some sort of record) implicating Ashley, basically painting the narrative that Ashley is more hands-on than it's often reported, and this tax avoidance scheme was hatched from the very top. Early Christmas present if Charnley has covered his arse and he flips on his paymaster.

Are you two on drugs?

:lol: :lol:

Ashley needs to take the rat on a trip on his fishing boat.

Guest chopey

Ashley needs to take the rat on a trip on his fishing boat.

TBF Charnley hasn't done anything wrong

Guest firetotheworks

Can I just check?  Is it

Fiddling taxes and your supporters being embarrassed > fiddling children and your supporters defending it.

meaning that our misdemeanor is of greater significance than their or should it be

Fiddling taxes and your supporters being embarrassed < fiddling children and your supporters defending it.

meaning less great or not as bad?

Just seeking a clarification for my own sanity....

Yes.

Are you two on drugs?

Would definitely be funny to see Ashley jammed up (if the club is found to be involved in systematic tax avoidance) by his own company man, given that Ashley got his big break for his then budding empire when he ratted out Whelan and what was the so-called Gentleman's Club of the UK's replika kit market (to the Office of Fair Trading) by keeping recorded phone calls.

Would be a lovely thing to see..... what goes around comes around, when it comes to this prick.

Can I just check?  Is it

Fiddling taxes and your supporters being embarrassed > fiddling children and your supporters defending it.

meaning that our misdemeanor is of greater significance than their or should it be

Fiddling taxes and your supporters being embarrassed < fiddling children and your supporters defending it.

meaning less great or not as bad?

Just seeking a clarification for my own sanity....

Yes.

Depends if you're a mackem or not.

So essentially, they are saying we've been giving bungs to players/agents as unofficial signing on fees without putting them through the proper processes and therefore not paying tax?

The fact that we are one of several clubs being investigated, but all in relation to French players would suggest the person or people in France are orchestrating it but we've stupidly agreed to do it (along with West Ham and co.)

We'll get hit by a fine like, but they'll never dock us points or drop us down the leagues. Potentially we could have a transfer embargo, but that'll be it. It'll not be resolved any time soon either, so we'll be fine this summer but may not be next summer.