Newcastle United lose Judicial Review against HMRC

ChrisMcQuillan

Guest neesy111

In fact it was £820 million. £5 million is nothing, you do realise as the primary tax collecting body they effectively fund the country

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36986483

Jesus wept.

£5m is still a very significant amount of money, hence why 180 officers were present in their raids this morning.

So you saying HMRC should forget it about it because they managed to close a one off tax avoidance scheme?

In fact it was £820 million. £5 million is nothing, you do realise as the primary tax collecting body they effectively fund the country

Jesus wept.

£5m is still a very significant amount of money, hence why 180 officers were present in their raids this morning.

The 180 officers would be due to the logistics of searching two (or more) football clubs, all of their properties, seizing hundreds of pieces of evidence, interviews, back-office investigation, the overseas officers doing work in France etc. etc.

It's a hell of a lot of work to undertake.

It'd be the same if they were investigating us over £5m, £500m or £5,000.

Jesus wept.

So you saying HMRC should forget it about it because they managed to close a one off tax avoidance scheme?

No, I am saying this is a statement of intent and the incoming monies are not the primary concern

Can I just check?  Is it

Fiddling taxes and your supporters being embarrassed > fiddling children and your supporters defending it.

meaning that our misdemeanor is of greater significance than their or should it be

Fiddling taxes and your supporters being embarrassed < fiddling children and your supporters defending it.

meaning less great or not as bad?

Just seeking a clarification for my own sanity....

Yes.

Depends if you're a mackem or not.

Understood. 

Newcastle  >  Sunderland

Charnley is only 39??

Amazing isn't it.

Managing Director of a top flight Football Club at that age, is pretty darn impressive to be honest. Obviously he was in the right place at the right time and kissed the right backsides, but he's been a hell of a lot more successful in his career than most of us and I'm sure most of us would like to be a penny behind him in the bank.

Charnley is only 39??

Amazing isn't it.

Managing Director of a top flight Football Club at that age, is pretty darn impressive to be honest. Obviously he was in the right place at the right time and kissed the right backsides, but he's been a hell of a lot more successful in his career than most of us and I'm sure most of us would like to be a penny behind him in the bank.

Still a specky thumbcunt

Charnley is only 39??

Amazing isn't it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/04/26/lee-charnley-newcastle-managing-director-arrested-part-hrmcs/

- He's allegedly 39

- He's been at the club eighteen years, which means he was here since he was 21.

- Started out at Russell Cushing's assistant.

- He was made a director in 2008, when he was 30. Managing director in 2014, at 36.

- He only makes 150k a year(!) Less than some entry-level jobs in Wall Street.

- He's been a director of 30+ companies (!?), although I'm assuming most of them are just club-related or Mike Ashley shell companies.

None of this makes sense.  Who the fuck is this person? :lol:

Charnley is only 39??

Amazing isn't it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/04/26/lee-charnley-newcastle-managing-director-arrested-part-hrmcs/

- He's allegedly 39

- He's been at the club eighteen years, which means he was here since he was 21.

- Started out at Russell Cushing's assistant.

- He was made a director in 2008, when he was 30. Managing director in 2014, at 36.

- He only makes 150k a year(!) Less than some entry-level jobs in Wall Street.

- He's been a director of 30+ companies (!?), although I'm assuming most of them are just club-related or Mike Ashley shell companies.

None of this makes sense.  Who the f*** is this person? :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1tmkAFb_Os

Club statement up:

Newcastle United can confirm that a member of its staff has this morning been assisting HMRC with their inquiries.

The Club will be making no further comment at this time.

Oh good, that settles that

Why even bother releasing that?

That is what I thought.  Maybe didn't have enough cells?

£5m in the scheme of things is nothing like...

It's maddening that they'd even take on the risk of being caught for what is effectively small change to most PL clubs.

Mentioned this earlier, but often tax dodges aren't to save money, it's cos they're payments you don't want people to know you made and obviously if you whack them in your tax report they come out.