Is there a bigger cockend in football, than a certain John Terry?

Big Geordie

I'll happily let my hate for the man get in the way of where I rank him - but I'd certainly have prime Adams, Sol or Rio ahead of Terry. On that same token I rate Ledley King and Woodgate higher than Terry if they could manage more than 12 matches in a season, too tbh.

I'll happily let my hate for the man get in the way of where I rank him - but I'd certainly have prime Adams, Sol or Rio ahead of Terry. On that same token I rate Ledley King and Woodgate higher than Terry if they could manage more than 12 matches in a season, too tbh.

I think that's fair, honestly Terry was nothing special at all, just consistent inside a quality team, far easier to be a CB in a team that dominates games than one in a team that is on the back foot all the time.  All the players you mention where better CB's than him.

I think that's fair, honestly Terry was nothing special at all, just consistent inside a quality team, far easier to be a CB in a team that dominates games than one in a team that is on the back foot all the time.  All the players you mention where better CB's than him.

I'd imagine playing centre half is a lot easier with the likes of Makelele/Essien/Kante sitting in front of you. I find it tough to judge Terry impartially though given he's an utter cunt.

Obviously Sol and Rio played in brilliant teams as well, not doubting that. And Rio played next to Vidic and Stam...but just my belief that while Terry was one of the best - I rate the others more.

I'd imagine playing centre half is a lot easier with the likes of Makelele/Essien/Kante sitting in front of you. I find it tough to judge Terry impartially though given he's an utter c***.

He was definitely outside his comfort zone against Germany in 1-4 at the 2010 WC. He wasn't alone, but it was about as bad as you'll see from any good player.

Guest firetotheworks

Whereas in 2004 and 2006 despite the rest of the team being shite, him Rio and Cole were constantly exposed and all were excellent throughout. It's okay for him to be a complete bellend on one hand and admit that he was a really good defender on the other, like.