So - when Rafa quits... What then?

Pons Alias

Well whatever his reason initially was, we can pretty much all agree that he doesn't currently have any sporting ambitions beyond staying up. So as fans there really is no point, except Rafa. Once he goes, whats left?

Well whatever his reason initially was, we can pretty much all agree that he doesn't currently have any sporting ambitions beyond staying up. So as fans there really is no point, except Rafa. Once he goes, whats left?

The fight to get our club back.

The fight to get our club back.

Yep, got a felling it'll be a very long and hard fight unfortunately, but we will get our club back someday.

Can't be arsed to track back to who was sponsoring who during our Ashley era, but maybe if brand visibility was the only aim SD may have been as palatable as one of the 8 or 9 gambling sponsors, our recently departed loan shark smear of shame,  or the duty free retailers whose team won the Premier League?

I feel there is very little point. I quite like our current players and Manager and think they give a fuck, but the club is a shell of what it was and the passion and excitement is all but gone. These days I just dread what's round the corner and look for the day to walk away.

I will encourage my children to support someone else and not push them to love nufc like my dad did

Can't be arsed to track back to who was sponsoring who during our Ashley era, but maybe if brand visibility was the only aim SD may have been as palatable as one of the 8 or 9 gambling sponsors, our recently departed loan shark smear of shame,  or the duty free retailers whose team won the Premier League?

Yeah but you said "a high performing team". Which we were not. Also there is the fact he wouldn't be able to do that for ten years, he would have to keep paying, and the fact he stated when he bought it, it was to market SD overseas. I dunno I don't really see how it's debatable if it's straight from the pig's mouth.

Winning the League (even though unpredicted) isn't exactly failing to thrive, but anyhow read the article in the Telegraph in the (link in Ashley thread) or the old one I posted the link for, above. It isn't from the pig's mouth. As desirable as it is to have a simple a=b  motive, someone once said things should be made as simple as possible, no simpler than that.

There is no point at all! yes we have a great manager and some llayers with potential. We all know though that if West Ham offered 6 million for Rafa he is gone. If Merino does well he is gone. If Yedelin does well he is gone. If Lejeune does well he is gone and repeat. The club is a joke

Stop buying from anywhere associated with Ashley. Get others to do the same. Make it personal the Rangers fans did

I will encourage my children to support someone else and not push them to love nufc like my dad did

You hardly see a kid in a Toon Top these days. A lost generation.

It's sad, I used to be so proud wearing my top but that stopped years ago. I have bought tops for my kids and love seeing them in it but what is the point, it's not worth it supporting this club

So, for the first time ever, I get two emails from SportsDirect.com this morning hawking his goods with prices in $.

Coincidence?

I think not.

Not quite sure what you're getting at? Perhaps they trade in dollars now.. the pound is hardly stable

You hardly see a kid in a Toon Top these days. A lost generation.

It's sad, I used to be so proud wearing my top but that stopped years ago. I have bought tops for my kids and love seeing them in it but what is the point, it's not worth it supporting this club

I buy retro shirts from places not associated with the club now. Was thinking about getting one of the new shirts but after yesterday, nah.

May be Giggs, but the record transfer of each premier league club and the year the transfer was made...

cldz90sbxajz.jpg

So according to that, most sides decided to go big when the TV mega money changed things.

We seriously cocked up getting McClaren in and allowing him the cash to waste and relegate us.

Could be our worst move in the history of any appointments. Im including Pardew Souness and fat Sam in that. Actually worse than JFK and Carver.

May be Giggs, but the record transfer of each premier league club and the year the transfer was made...

cldz90sbxajz.jpg

So according to that, most sides decided to go big when the TV mega money changed things.

We seriously cocked up getting McClaren in and allowing him the cash to waste and relegate us.

Could be our worst move in the history of any appointments. Im including Pardew Souness and fat Sam in that. Actually worse than JFK and Carver.

Charnley went for him thrice, twice turning us down, and whilst his Derby side completely imploded at a lower level, Charnley still went for him. :lol: What a farce.

What utter shit. Especially considering the user name. WUM material I would guess.

Just emotions running high, man. Let it go. Tbf I've given him shit about his username before, he's OK. :thup:

Feels like we've had this discussion many times before.

If the owner keeps treating the fanbase in contempt, driving away supporters who had been loyal before and ruining the future of the club, blame the owner. Not those supporters who have a clear mind of their own and refuse to be treated badly. Mike Ashley shouldn't be allowed to think he can do whatever he wants and the fans will show unwavering support for the club accounts. But yeah, guess who wins again.

Guest The Little Waster

There has been eff all point since Sir Kev left . Ashley revealed himself then but there are none so blind as those that cannot or will not see

What utter s***. Especially considering the user name. WUM material I would guess.

Just emotions running high, man. Let it go. Tbf I've given him s*** about his username before, he's OK. :thup:

How about I change it to Ashleybrokemyunited [emoji3]

What utter s***. Especially considering the user name. WUM material I would guess.

Just emotions running high, man. Let it go. Tbf I've given him s*** about his username before, he's OK. :thup:

nufc4now?

nufc4now?

Until winter comes