Other clubs' transfers

Greg

27 minutes ago, Froggy said:

image.thumb.png.50d11c3089523ad53b9252f12dbd478e.png

We were all here Froggy. :lol:

Just one example of low hanging, low effort Froggy vs Froggy.

On 24/08/2022 at 13:37, Froggy said:

Can everyone who criticised our spending on Casemiro have a little word with themselves?

£60m for Isak. Jesus, Mary and Joseph.

On 31/10/2022 at 18:36, Froggy said:

Eriksen and Casemiro is a world class midfield two. 

On 24/04/2024 at 14:32, Froggy said:

Casemiro was one of the most important players in getting us back into the Champions League and winning our first trophy in years. It was hardly a laughable signing. :lol:

VS

On 07/05/2024 at 15:19, Froggy said:

Not sure I've seen a drop off as big as Casemiro's mind. 

On 14/04/2024 at 09:03, Froggy said:

I didn't want to believe it after one season but Casemiro's legs are properly gone. So you're essentially another man down in the midfield which then leaves a defence torn apart by injury to deal with an onslaught. 

On 06/05/2024 at 19:26, Froggy said:

Casemiro is a bum at centre back. Stone useless. 

On 12/06/2024 at 10:21, Froggy said:

I genuinely just think Casemiro has gone to shit.

Which was the exact criticism of the signing at the time - that you'd spent a ridiculous amount on someone who was old and whose legs were likely about to go

Edited by Kid Icarus

2 minutes ago, Deuce said:

You know what I was saying. :) Lot of energy spent railing against a transfer negotiation (not involving us!) that doesn’t seem all that preposterous, is all.

It's N-O, this is all wasted energy. You've seen the hills people die on over nowt in chat. :lol:

On 24/08/2022 at 14:37, Froggy said:

:lol: 

Can everyone who criticised our spending on Casemiro have a little word with themselves?

£60m for Isak. Jesus, Mary and Joseph.

It's easy to be clever in hindsight, but this one in particular @Froggy ouch :lol: You got a fair bit of bites though which may have been the main objective with the post at the time tbf.

15 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Ooof, that’s a beating 

Only if you don't look at the dates of the posts. :lol: 

Literally two years apart ffs. That's embarassing.

Also worth noting that we were talking about Ed Woodward and his transfer policy, and K.I. has taken it upon himself to use Casemiro as an example of me allegedly defending Woodward, who left the club 6 months before Casemiro was signed. 

Don't forget that narrative though. :lol:

Edited by Froggy

5 minutes ago, Froggy said:

You must admit that £60m for a player who has gone from being world class to someone who is a liability and whos legs have gone in 2 seasons is not sensible business though.  

Edited by simonsays

2 minutes ago, simonsays said:

You must admit that £60m for a player who has gone from being world class to someone who is a liability and whos legs have gone in 2 seasons is not sensible business though.  

Beautiful benefit of hindsight isn't though? Everyone on here completely changed their tune about Casemiro once he actually started playing for us. Infact, many posters on here were desperately hoping he'd be injured when we played you. He was extremely important.

I'm sure many people expected a drop off, but I never expected one quite so severe. Still, he was arguably the most important player in finishing 3rd and winning a trophy, and if we can recoup a part of that fee, the signing is far from laughable.

18 minutes ago, Conjo said:

It's easy to be clever in hindsight, but this one in particular @Froggy ouch :lol: You got a fair bit of bites though which may have been the main objective with the post at the time tbf.

Just one of the few times I've been wrong Conjo. ;) The most important thing is being able to admit when you're wrong. It's not a quality everyone has.

Thought it was a monster fee for Isak at the time. Like you said though, it's easy to be clever in hindsight, but it's a cheap way to score points.

23 minutes ago, Froggy said:

We all know the internet doesn’t go to sleep, we all have to live by our statements in the past, whether that’s in the Elon Musk thread or the transfers thread

9 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Did @Froggy@Froggy ever say De Beek was any cop? 

I was delighted with that signing. Utterly bizarre how it turned out.

7 minutes ago, gbandit said:

We all know the internet doesn’t go to sleep, we all have to live by our statements in the past, whether that’s in the Elon Musk thread or the transfers thread

I stand by all of those statements. 

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I was delighted with that signing. Utterly bizarre how it turned out.

I stand by all of those statements. 

Good, perhaps it offers a pause for reflection on your positive spin on the club’s activities though? Seeing fulsome praise that then turns sour?

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Good, perhaps it offers a pause for reflection on your positive spin on the club’s activities though? Seeing fulsome praise that then turns sour?

You'll see me criticise the club plenty. Once again, we were talking about Woodward, through my criticism of him. 

Using the benefit of hindsight and using posts two years apart about a player is petty point scoring. I mean, I've done it myself, when half the board thought Howe was a poor appointment, but it's still petty. :lol:

Would I sign Casemiro again for £60m? Lets see what we get for him first before I answer that. That first season was a thing of beauty.

6 minutes ago, Froggy said:

You'll see me criticise the club plenty. Once again, we were talking about Woodward, through my criticism of him. 

Using the benefit of hindsight and using posts two years apart about a player is petty point scoring. I mean, I've done it myself, when half the board thought Howe was a poor appointment, but it's still petty. :lol:

Would I sign Casemiro again for £60m? Lets see what we get for him first before I answer that. That first season was a thing of beauty.

You were so cocky about Isak at the time when it was clear you hadn't watched him much, and just kept going on about his goal record. I warned you man :lol:

Casemiro was always going to flame out quite quickly too. Buying an older Brazilian central midfielder from the top team in Spain to battle in the Prem was very short term thinking. If you get bailed out by a decent fee from Saudi, then yeah, it won't end up being that bad, as he won you a cup that year.

9 minutes ago, KaKa said:

You were so cocky about Isak at the time when it was clear you hadn't watched him much, and just kept going on about his goal record. I warned you man :lol:

Casemiro was always going to flame out quite quickly too. Buying an older Brazilian central midfielder from the top team in Spain to battle in the Prem was very short term thinking. If you get bailed out by a decent fee from Saudi, then yeah, it won't end up being that bad, as he won you a cup that year.

He scored an 89th min winner in the FA Cup this year as well. But it's more the money he brought in by getting us into the CL. We wouldn't have done it without him.

And yes I judged a striker by his goal return. :lol: It was still a huge fee for someone who scored 6 in 32 the year before. Looks like he could be great though. 

He scored an 89th min winner in the FA Cup this year as well. But it's more the money he brought in by getting us into the CL. We wouldn't have done it without him.

And yes I judged a striker by his goal return. :lol: It was still a huge fee for someone who scored 6 in 32 the year before. Looks like he could be great though. 

Yes, you judged him on his goal return for the year before, while disregarding his return the year prior to that, conveniently. 

We know. That's why you've ended up with egg on your face :razz:

If you get some even half decent money back for Casemiro and his wages off the books. Then the transfer would definitely be a net positive.

10 minutes ago, KaKa said:

We know. That's why you've ended up with egg on your face :razz:

I'm not sure how you've come to this conclusion, Casemiro has two trophies and Isak has none. Casemiro scored the opener in the final. Isak did absolutely nothing when he came on.

Misguided about a transfer fee? Sure? Egg on my face? Not me son.

image.thumb.png.8e501d176f21b5b0e2249edc448d8882.png

Edited by Froggy

I'm not sure how you've come to this conclusion, Casemiro has two trophies and Isak has none. Casemiro scored the opener in the final. Isak did absolutely nothing when he came on.

Misguided about a transfer fee? Sure? Egg on my face? Not me son.

image.thumb.png.8e501d176f21b5b0e2249edc448d8882.png

:spit:

Judging individual transfers by trophy counts is absolutely desperate stuff man!

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

:spit:

Judging individual transfers by trophy counts is absolutely desperate stuff man!

Trophies make the world go around Kaka. You wouldn't be saying this if Casemiro was Nigerian. TCD has your number.

Just now, Chapo said:

Half the fucking threads on the football forum have been ruined by this Man Utd shite, it’s unbearable. 

Should ban all the man utd fans.