Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Rafa needs to start speaking his mind over the takeover and transfers I can't see the point of this "I don't talk about the transfer window and I do not talk about the takeover. I talk with Lee Charnley almost every day, but I will not talk about that." 25% rise on my season ticket this season and I deserve to know where my money is going.

It shouldn't be left to Rafa to let you know where your money is going.  But let's be honest anyway, you know where it's going.  Trousered.

Guest Howaythetoon

Rafa needs to start speaking his mind over the takeover and transfers I can't see the point of this "I don't talk about the transfer window and I do not talk about the takeover. I talk with Lee Charnley almost every day, but I will not talk about that." 25% rise on my season ticket this season and I deserve to know where my money is going.

Quit moaning, you are getting exactly what you pay for. Your money is funding this, you know exactly where it’s going!

TBH I wouldn’t mind if he called it a day now. Surviving is pointless if Ashley is staying and Rafa’s going. Why drag it out?

If Rafa left, you can bet Ashley would suddenly find money to spend in a desperate bid to stay up and prove we didn't need Rafa.

Quit moaning, you are getting exactly what you pay for. Your money is funding this, you know exactly where it’s going!

In fairness his point is ‘if Rafa is on our side he needs to be open with us - regardless of politics’ rather than where is my money going?

Guest chopey

In fairness his point is ‘if Rafa is on our side he needs to be open with us - regardless of politics’ rather than where is my money going?

Correct

Guest Howaythetoon

That’s just stupid. Of course Rafa is on our side. Question the owner where your money is going, take it up with him. Not happy? Don’t put your money into the club. I mean, it’s not as if the manager sees any of it to give YOU a decent team to watch. Be grateful you will likely be spending your money to watch PL footy next season and not Championship footy.

You want an answer from Rafa? That’s it right there.

W

That’s just stupid. Of course Rafa is on our side. Question the owner where your money is going, take it up with him. Not happy? Don’t put your money into the club. I mean, it’s not as if the manager sees any of it to give YOU a decent team to watch. Be grateful you will likely be spending your money to watch PL footy next season and not Championship footy.

You want an answer from Rafa? That’s it right there.

It’s not that stupid is it? I mean we’d all love it if Rafa toreca strip off Ashley at this point and a lot of people will take his no comment as to carry on regardless.

Guest chopey

Why won't Rafa talk about transfers if he's got no money then come out with it he was never shy to say out at Liverpool

Well I wouldn't want to talk about it either to be honest :lol:

If he did come out and say 'there's no money' and considering he hasn't been told that, he'll get questions from the media which he can't answer.

Guest chopey

He will probably be a bit more aggressive towards the hierarchy once this transfer window has closed, he will have nothing to lose.

Whats he got to lose now ?

He will probably be a bit more aggressive towards the hierarchy once this transfer window has closed, he will have nothing to lose.

Whats he got to lose now ?

Maybe he thinks saying nothing could be the difference between a net spend of -5 million and +5 million I don't really know, perhaps hes been promised funds and is waiting to see before completely burning his bridges.

He’s obviously been told to get on with his job and not talk about the lack of transfers or the imaginary takeover.

His “I will not talk about transfers and I will not talk about the takeover” is exactly the same as his “As always I am focused on training and coaching my team“ interview he gave after falling out with Liverpool.

The love he gets from the supporters is the only thing keeping that man here.. we’ll along with his salary, but he’s wealthy enough now not to need it.

I think as a man of honour he will see out the contract but that will be that, there’s no reason for him to stay.

He’s obviously been told to get on with his job and not talk about the lack of transfers or the imaginary takeover.

His “I will not talk about transfers and I will not talk about the takeover” is exactly the same as his “As always I am focused on training and coaching my team“ interview he gave after falling out with Liverpool.

The love he gets from the supporters is the only thing keeping that man here.. we’ll along with his salary, but he’s wealthy enough now not to need it.

I think as a man of honour he will see out the contract but that will be that, there’s no reason for him to stay.

That’s exactly what I thought when I read those quotes from Rafa. He’s been told not to mention it.

Didn’t he turn up for the press conference in a tracksuit when he was told to just concentrate on the coaching? :lol: