Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest Howaythetoon

If you have pennies to spend, you get s***.

If you surrender possession, sit back, play with no urgency and make poor subs you don’t win games...

If you careen wildly from one extreme to the next, people are going to rightfully call you a knob.

I don’t care, I’ve proved myself more than enough on here over the years and yes I’ve been hyperbolic today especially but my points will stand up to any argument, that’s if you want to debate the points made or just well, be a knob.

What does this fella have to do before people start realising a lot of the issues we are having is down to him

For me, he would have to travel back in time ten years and alter the course of history resulting in an owner that runs the club in an intelligent, professional manner, maximising its commercial revenue and allowing that to be invested back into the playing staff.

Who exactly do you think would do better with this current squad? Pardew? McClaren? Kinnear? Carver? That is the quality of alternatives under Ashley.

I think the guy in the opposite dugout today could do just as good a job as Rafa is doing today with this squad to be honest

Im sick to death of him being absolved of any blame for shite performances week in week out. The 2 performances we have just put in this week are 2 of the most insipid, pathetic,gutless and toothless performances ive ever ever witnessed. Dress the Man City one up all you want but we conceded that game before wed even kicked off that is not football and Rafa is the guy who tells these useless fuckwits to play this way

Im sick to death of watching this negative approach to every game as if we are little old Newcatsle from the northern premier league taking on the big boys...its shit

I think most blamed him for our horrific 9 game winless run like.

If you surrender possession, sit back, play with no urgency and make poor subs you don’t win games...

If you careen wildly from one extreme to the next, people are going to rightfully call you a knob.

I don’t care, I’ve proved myself more than enough on here over the years and yes I’ve been hyperbolic today especially but my points will stand up to any argument, that’s if you want to debate the points made or just well, be a knob.

I have debated the points, and multitasked a bit to call you out as acting like a total knob. You are reasonable enough to realize this at some point.

He signed most of them so he has to take some responsibility for that.

Was Joselu his first choice? Or a last resort due to financial restrictions from Ashley?

It doesn't fucking matter he decided to sign him, he wasn't forced at gunpoint to say yes. He sold a guy in Darryl Murphy who would have been far more effective than this plank

Guest Howaythetoon

If you surrender possession regularly, that's usually a sign that the players are pretty s***.

No it’s a sign that the players are entrechned in a set way of playing that disables any room for such football. I’m not asking them to play defence splitting balls or one twos, I’m asking for more than a fucking few passes strung together... we did it last season where the argument of having shit players (in comparison) simply couldn’t be argued.

Guest firetotheworks

Push forward? 85 minutes on the clock and the ball breaks free and Shelvey our best passer gets on the ball and looks up and NOTHING, no forward movement,  no urgency, no attempt to break away from the chains that are holding us back, that all important clean sheet and staying in the game making sure the opposition don’t breach our defence. Cheers Rafa for the point.

Is it Rafas fault that Yedlin can't defend?

Is it Rafas fault Dummett can only HOOOOOF?

Is it Rafas fault Hayden is out of his depth?

Is it Rafas fault that Atsu is our only semi decent winger?

Is it Rafas fault Joselu is the Spanish Luuk De Jong?

Open your eyes HTT. The squad lacks quality to such a degree Rafa doesn't trust them to think for themselves. He doesn't want them taking to many risks, because there is a higher chance we loss possession, are out of shape and get done on the counter.

So instead he knows our numerous limitations, and as a result its COMPACT COMPACT COMPACT. If we had even 3 quality players maybe he would encourage more expansive football. But it's backs to the wall because he has no real choice.

Bingo People say these players are shit.....who bought them then?

How many times? Mike Ashley's transfer budget.

Bingo People say these players are s***.....who bought them then?

Mind blown. It's asif Ashley doesn't exist and Rafa wasted 20mil of Joselu for the laugh.

Do you think the chairman decides who a team signs??.....The manager decides on who he wants to recruit just like in any business. If you think Ashley forced these players on him then youre blinded

Guest Howaythetoon

I have debated the points, and multitasked a bit to call you out as acting like a total knob. You are reasonable enough to realize this at some point.

I don’t see you having debated any points, just you saying it’s because of the players etc. Fair enough if that’s what you believe. I don’t and I’m making that point along with some others.

Push forward? 85 minutes on the clock and the ball breaks free and Shelvey our best passer gets on the ball and looks up and NOTHING, no forward movement,  no urgency, no attempt to break away from the chains that are holding us back, that all important clean sheet and staying in the game making sure the opposition don’t breach our defence. Cheers Rafa for the point.

Open your eyes HTT. The squad lacks quality to such a degree Rafa doesn't trust them to think for themselves. He doesn't want them taking to many risks, because there is a higher chance we loss possession, are out of shape and get done on the counter.

So instead he knows our numerous limitations, and as a result its COMPACT COMPACT COMPACT. If we had even 3 quality players maybe he would encourage more expansive football. But it's backs to the wall because he has no real choice.

Bingo People say these players are shit.....who bought them then?

How many times? Mike Ashley's transfer budget.

How many times....he wasn't forced to buy these at all he could have used that budget on 2 players not 6 absolute shite ones...we didn't need joselu,manquillo,murphy,lejeune

Was Joselu his first choice? Or a last resort due to financial restrictions from Ashley?

It doesn't f***ing matter he decided to sign him, he wasn't forced at gunpoint to say yes. He sold a guy in Darryl Murphy who would have been far more effective than this plank

He was essentially forced to sign dross like Joselu and Manq due to having no other option, you monumental toss pot :lol:

I'm sure he would of loved Cenk Tosun and Luke Shaw, but guess what?

NEWSFLASH.

MIKE ASHELY OWNS US.

It doesn't f***ing matter he decided to sign him, he wasn't forced at gunpoint to say yes. He sold a guy in Darryl Murphy who would have been far more effective than this plank

Would he? Based on what exactly?

If you don't know where to direct your anger then you're a fucking tool tbh.

Guest firetotheworks

Mind blown. It's asif Ashley doesn't exist and Rafa wasted 20mil of Joselu for the laugh.

Do you think the chairman decides who a team signs??.....The manager decides on who he wants to recruit just like in any business. If you think Ashley forced these players on him then youre blinded

:lol: *bites tongue* and who do you think sets the transfer budget which in turn dictates the players that the manager can sign?

Did you start following NUFC this season?

Keegan literally left due to Ashley and Wise doing exactly that. f***ing hell.

He prevents Rafa buying what he wants, so has to buy dross. Or gets nowt.

My brother had been to 4 home games so far this season: Watford, Bournemouth, Everton and Brighton. He’s not seen us score yet and we’ve picked up 1 point from 12 available. Rafa’s team selection, tactics and lack of willingness to change things earlier is costing us big time. Look at those 4 games; we’ll go down with a whimper at this rate. Rafa simply has to change things at home. The crowd are trying but they’re becoming impatient and the booing at the end today was completely understandable.

Guest Howaythetoon

So who’s fault is it we sit deep, don’t play with any tempo or any real style of play on the ball? Who’s fault is it for use of subs etc? You are preaching to the converted here btw when it comes to the quality of our squad, but I refuse to accept they are this poor at home to Brighton and if you can’t see the failings of the manager and his own part I’m how we play and our poor form and performances you are the one that is blind and needs to open your eyes.

He was essentially forced to sign dross like Joselu and Manq due to having no other option, you monumental toss pot :lol:

I'm sure he would of loved Cenk Tosun and Luke Shaw, but guess what?

NEWSFLASH.

MIKE ASHELY OWNS US.

Youre the tosspot for thinking Mike Ashley decides who we sign. A manager can say no you know. Do a bit of fucking research and look at some of the absolute shite that he signed for Liverpool too

Oh I suppose Hicks and Gillet forced him to sign that shite too

I don’t see you having debated any points, just you saying it’s because of the players etc. Fair enough if that’s what you believe. I don’t and I’m making that point along with some others.

I have talked about the context over and over. I have supported Dave and others, who have made Sounder points than I could have. I have pointed out that critique is one thing, but some of you have thrown reason and context out the window. So read what I have said again.

If you surrender possession regularly, that's usually a sign that the players are pretty s***.

No it’s a sign that the players are entrechned in a set way of playing that disables any room for such football. I’m not asking them to play defence splitting balls or one twos, I’m asking for more than a fucking few passes strung together... we did it last season where the argument of having shit players (in comparison) simply couldn’t be argued.

We didn't do it last season, I can barely remember a handful of games when we passed the ball well. We got promotion because we didn't concede, and Gayle and Ritchie scored goals which won games at that level. Our football was generally poor, and that's because the players were and are very mediocre.