Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

We played with 451 the entirety of last season. Even when folk were calling out for two strikers he played a cautious 451. Why the fuck has he suddenly changed to 442 in a tougher league. We're not more open or fluid, we're still utterly bereft of creativity. Why change and persist with this, at least with playing a 5 man midfield we might dominate in there and force an opening. It's baffling.

Name me one manager one the planet, who would realistically come to us, who’d do better?

Plus haven’t you learned anything of Ashley and his cronies. They’d only end up hiring a Alan Pardew type character again. The best we could hope for is a nice honey moon period to collect a few points mackem style.

Let’s be honest the squad is trash and just by being out of the bottom three we are overachieving. We overachieved last season too. We were this poor in more than a handful of games last season too. Rafa’s organisation, especially away from home, got us the promotion.

Over achieving by just being out of the bottom 3? Wow, Rafa has done some smooth Jedi mind tricks on so many. To think of the reaction Pardew got and deservedly so when he tried to lower our expectations.

Pardew and the likes had much better squads with actual talent like Ben Arfa in the team.

This squad belongs in the championship that is clear as day. So yes just being out of the drop zone is overachieving for the shit we have.

We needed significant improvements in the summer, Ashely said he’d give Rafa every penny and back him, but we were all lied to again. Now we’re stuck with this dogs hit squad playing one level above what they’re capable of.

This squad isn’t as bad as Rafa has made out...which him basically stating they are Shit has helped wonders with their confidence.

Joselu isn’t good enough at this level but is the second player on the teamsheet behind our captain. That’s the managers decision to buy him, tie up money we don’t have and play him out of sheer stubbornness to our cost.

I know Rafa likes to play games, but it just feels like he’s playing with the future of the club, something he can walk away from when it goes wrong, we can’t.

Ps..if we had HBA in the squad right now Rafa wouldn’t play him either.

Behind him but my faith in him is being tested. This was a poor showing today from all concerned and he cannot escape a degree of criticism.

We have got to be more expansive at home against the weaker sides.

I can understand those who are losing faith or have had enough.

We know where the blame lies but in all honesty if you are a top manager and motivator you should be performing better than this.

Just praying for this takeover to be real and near completion otherwise it will all be in vain anyway.

Name me one manager one the planet, who would realistically come to us, who’d do better?

Plus haven’t you learned anything of Ashley and his cronies. They’d only end up hiring a Alan Pardew type character again. The best we could hope for is a nice honey moon period to collect a few points mackem style.

Let’s be honest the squad is trash and just by being out of the bottom three we are overachieving. We overachieved last season too. We were this poor in more than a handful of games last season too. Rafa’s organisation, especially away from home, got us the promotion.

Over achieving by just being out of the bottom 3? Wow, Rafa has done some smooth Jedi mind tricks on so many. To think of the reaction Pardew got and deservedly so when he tried to lower our expectations.

Pardew and the likes had much better squads with actual talent like Ben Arfa in the team.

This squad belongs in the championship that is clear as day. So yes just being out of the drop zone is overachieving for the shit we have.

We needed significant improvements in the summer, Ashely said he’d give Rafa every penny and back him, but we were all lied to again. Now we’re stuck with this dogs hit squad playing one level above what they’re capable of.

This squad isn’t as bad as Rafa has made out...

Stopped reading there.

Behind him but my faith in him is being tested. This was a poor showing today from all concerned and he cannot escape a degree of criticism.

We have got to be more expansive at home against the weaker sides.

I can understand those who are losing faith or have had enough.

We know where the blame lies but in all honesty if you are a top manager and motivator you should be performing better than this.

Just praying for this takeover to be real and near completion otherwise it will all be in vain anyway.

That's a fair post but as it appears to constitute an element of criticism towards Benitez I urge you to delete it immediately or you will be chased away and/or banned.

Caller on TS saying that Rafa isn't the man for the job.

They'll be chuffed to bits with that. They're 100% anti-Rafa. It'll generate more calls, which is their modus operandi.

Fixed that for you. :thup:

Guest neesy111

He has to take the fair share of blame along with the players for today's game.  Negative tactics feed on players confidence as well. 

For me the worst decision was the ritchie for perez sub, Ritchie was rubbish but his preference for using Perez is fucking shite.  Aarons, Murphy, Mitro all deserve to be ahead of Perez who again flatters to deceive 8/10 times.