Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

They would have been happy with a 1-0 loss. Second half we changed completely, surrender the game to them, and simply just give up on trying to win the game, happy with a point. It’s those tactics that I’m critical off, it’s that kind of game plan I’m critical of and it’s that kind of ‘result’ at home which has t exactly been a one off, could well see us down come the end of the season.

No matter how many times you post this same made up crap it doesnt magically turn to a truth.

It’s not made up, it’s the case or was.

Against Swansea? They were the ones that went 1-0 up in the second half, but would have taken a 1-0 loss before half time? :lol: You're making it hard not to not want to bring down this 'different insight' like. It feels a bit 'alternative facts' ish :lol:

I’m going off how they approached the first half. Constant time wasting. Howay Man, they get a corner in added on time and take an age over taking it, fearful we may somehow break away and score. That’s how negative they ere and just how much they wanted the game over and done with. Ok happy with a 1-0 loss maybe overstepping things, but definately happy with a draw. Second have they grew in confidence because we allowed them back into it. I remember the look of disbelieve when they took the lead and even their fans couldn’t believe it. First half again only one winner and that was us. Had we played the same way or tried to, we would have won comfortably and be in a better position today than we currently are where we could be in the bottom 3 Sunday.

Have you ever played football? That's a genuine question, not an inflammatory one. Because you seem to take all psychology out of the game when you talk about it - you don't pay any heed to how circumstances can affect a player's/team's mental state.

We were a team on a bad home run against a team we knew we should be beating, especially at home (lots of added pressure).

We battered them in the first half and got nothing. What do you think that does to a player's nerves/confidence?  If you think it doesn't affect them you're very shortsighted indeed. 

I don't believe for a second that Rafa told them to go out and play for a draw against Swansea, either from the start of the second half or after we'd equalised. Why would he?

Guest firetotheworks

They would have been happy with a 1-0 loss. Second half we changed completely, surrender the game to them, and simply just give up on trying to win the game, happy with a point. It’s those tactics that I’m critical off, it’s that kind of game plan I’m critical of and it’s that kind of ‘result’ at home which has t exactly been a one off, could well see us down come the end of the season.

No matter how many times you post this same made up crap it doesnt magically turn to a truth.

To say Rafa &/or the team came out second half and thought a point would be good is both made up and stupid.

The proof is in the pudding. We only started going for it when they scored and when we equalised we stopped. Happy with a point. 50k people can’t be wrong who were there. Open your eyes and don’t be so blind. Stop defending everything and looking for constant excuses. It’s OK to highlight a game that went wrong and look at the tactics, set up and approach as a reason etc. It’s not like we are nailing Rafa to the fucking cross or something :lol:

You're just making that up like. Gayle missed at least 2 or 3 big chances and had a goal disallowed for offside. That's going for it.

Guest Howaythetoon

Against Swansea? They were the ones that went 1-0 up in the second half, but would have taken a 1-0 loss before half time? :lol: You're making it hard not to not want to bring down this 'different insight' like. It feels a bit 'alternative facts' ish :lol:

I’m going off how they approached the first half. Constant time wasting. Howay Man, they get a corner in added on time and take an age over taking it, fearful we may somehow break away and score. That’s how negative they ere and just how much they wanted the game over and done with. Ok happy with a 1-0 loss maybe overstepping things, but definately happy with a draw. Second have they grew in confidence because we allowed them back into it. I remember the look of disbelieve when they took the lead and even their fans couldn’t believe it. First half again only one winner and that was us. Had we played the same way or tried to, we would have won comfortably and be in a better position today than we currently are where we could be in the bottom 3 Sunday.

Have you ever played football? That's a genuine question, not an inflammatory one. Because you seem to take all psychology out of the game when you talk about it - you don't pay any heed to how circumstances can affect a player's/team's mental state.

We were a team on a bad home run against a team we knew we should be beating, especially at home (lots of added pressure).

We battered them in the first half and got nothing. What do you think that does to a player's nerves/confidence?  If you think it doesn't affect them you're very shortsighted indeed. 

I don't believe for a second that Rafa told them to go out and play for a draw against Swansea, either from the start of the second half or after we'd equalised. Why would he?

Played and coached!

Again excuses. Played well first half lads how do you feel? Scared, the confidence has drained from me boss I don’t think I can play.

:lol:

Oh and it’s the manager’s job to instil confidence and to keep it going.

Played and coached!

Again excuses. Played well first half lads how do you feel? Scared, the confidence has drained from me boss I don’t think I can play.

f***ing excuses man  :lol: You must've been a fantastic coach!

So you think psychology is an excuse?! How do you Joselu feels playing in front of 50 odd thousand people who he knows think he's shit, when every poor touch or missed chance is greeted with audible groans and derision. If you don't think that affects a player's performance you're kidding yourself.

Guest Howaythetoon

To say Rafa &/or the team came out second half and thought a point would be good is both made up and stupid.

The proof is in the pudding. We only started going for it when they scored and when we equalised we stopped. Happy with a point. 50k people can’t be wrong who were there. Open your eyes and don’t be so blind. Stop defending everything and looking for constant excuses. It’s OK to highlight a game that went wrong and look at the tactics, set up and approach as a reason etc. It’s not like we are nailing Rafa to the f***ing cross or something :lol:

You're just making that up like. Gayle missed at least 2 or 3 big chances and had a goal disallowed for offside. That's going for it.

I was there and we didn’t go for it at all, especially once we equalised. Creating opportunities and going for it are not the same kind of thing btw.

Guest Howaythetoon

Played and coached!

If my team came in having battered the opposition as you put it, I’d send them back out even more geed up to carry on as that door will open and get one and the floodgates will open.

You? So lads, fucking hell, you were on top but didn’t even score, I bet you all feel like shit, what a bunch of wasters ha ha. Don’t fancy your chances second half ha ha ha ha. Couldn’t even beat Swansea. LOSERS!

Guest firetotheworks

The proof is in the pudding. We only started going for it when they scored and when we equalised we stopped. Happy with a point. 50k people can’t be wrong who were there. Open your eyes and don’t be so blind. Stop defending everything and looking for constant excuses. It’s OK to highlight a game that went wrong and look at the tactics, set up and approach as a reason etc. It’s not like we are nailing Rafa to the f***ing cross or something :lol:

I was there and we didn’t go for it at all, especially once we equalised. Creating opportunities and going for it are not the same kind of thing btw.

I watched it. Creating chances isn't going for it...

tenor.gif

Guest Howaythetoon

Played and coached!

So you think psychology is an excuse?! How do you Joselu feels playing in front of 50 odd thousand people who he knows think he's s***, when every poor touch or missed chance is greeted with audible groans and derision. If you don't think that affects a player's performance you're kidding yourself.

So that’s why he’s shit/doesn’t score. Again excuses.

It’s not 50 odd thousand or every touch either, you are exaggerating. Hyperbole at its worst. Fans by and large give the players support and encouragement.

Played and coached!

If my team came in having battered the opposition as you put it, I’d send them back out even more geed up to carry on as that door will open and get one and the floodgates will open.

You? So lads, f***ing hell, you were on top but didn’t even score, I bet you all feel like s***, what a bunch of wasters ha ha. Don’t fancy your chances second half ha ha ha ha. Couldn’t even beat Swansea. LOSERS!

Yeah, i imagine that's exactly how the conversation went.

We hadn't won a PL home game for about 6 weeks FFS! Do you think they're all made of fucking stone?

I guess a super coach like yourself would've been able to undo the damage from a run like with one 15 minute motivational speech. Sadly we've only got Rafa trying to work his mediocre magic. Shame!

Guest Howaythetoon

tenor.gif

Would you say Swanse went for it in the first half as they created chances still? Going for it was us in the first half, a constant attempt to get in behind them, causing problems, getting on the ball, driving forward etc. We only started going for it when they scored. After that despite whatever chances were created, we didn’t go for it, we were happy with a point.

Guest firetotheworks

tenor.gif

Would you say Swanse went for it in the first half as they created chances still? Going for it was us I. The first half, a constant attempt to get in behind them, causing problems, getting on the ball, driving forward etc. We only started going for it when they scored. After that despite whatever chances were created, we didn’t go for it, we were happy with a point.

Sorry mate. :lol: I'll leave someone else to it.

tenor.gif

Would you say Swanse went for it in the first half as they created chances still? Going for it was us I. The first half, a constant attempt to get in behind them, causing problems, getting on the ball, driving forward etc. We only started going for it when they scored. After that despite whatever chances were created, we didn’t go for it, we were happy with a point.

Sorry mate. :lol: I'll leave someone else to it.

Bless.

Guest Howaythetoon

Played and coached!

You? So lads, f***ing hell, you were on top but didn’t even score, I bet you all feel like s***, what a bunch of wasters ha ha. Don’t fancy your chances second half ha ha ha ha. Couldn’t even beat Swansea. LOSERS!

We hadn't won a PL home game for about 6 weeks FFS! Do you think they're all made of f***ing stone?

I guess a super coach like yourself would've been able to undo the damage from a run like with one 15 minute motivational speech. Sadly we've only got Rafa trying to work his mediocre magic. Shame!

15 minutes? I’ll need more than that for my speech!

No one is saying Rafa is mediocre btw stop being so fucking melodramatic man. People are debating his tactics, the Swansea game. Fuck it, it’s done.

I’m off to do some coaching and reading, seems I need to know about syfology or whatever it’s called.

Guest Howaythetoon

Rafa with the nail on the head.

I love all the, "I love Rafa and want him to stay, however....", posts.

I’ve said from the off I love him, but don’t like his brand of football or his tactics, not at home anyway and never will. But I do love him and have 100% trust and confidence in him as our manager.

Played and coached!

We hadn't won a PL home game for about 6 weeks FFS! Do you think they're all made of f***ing stone?

15 minutes? I’ll need more than that for my speech!

No one is saying Rafa is mediocre btw stop being so f***ing melodramatic man. People are debating his tactics, the Swansea game. f*** it, it’s done.

I’m off to do some coaching and reading, seems I need to know about syfology or whatever it’s called.

Just tell them they're all losers if they don't beat the opposition, and to stop making excuses. Coaching 101

I’ve said from the off I love him, but don’t like his brand of football or his tactics, not at home anyway and never will. But I do love him and have 100% trust and confidence in him as our manager.

Honest question like but what do you expect in terms of home tactics? His tactics are proven to work very effectively at the highest level and they're very good away from home. He's building and imposing a system around the club, once/if he gets better players the quality of play will improve.

The bit you're complaining about there is arguably the hardest in top flight football, especially when you don't have money and a group of average players at best. It's been said but if we open up with this group of players we'll be murdered by most teams in the division, so the sensible option is exactly what he's doing.

If he gets 5 years in the job and a decent amount of backing do you think we'll still be playing the same game at home? Well I mean we probably will be but we'll be controlling it better and dominating more.

Honest question like but what do you expect in terms of home tactics? His tactics are proven to work very effectively at the highest level and they're very good away from home. He's building and imposing a system around the club, once/if he gets better players the quality of play will improve.

The bit you're complaining about there is arguably the hardest in top flight football, especially when you don't have money and a group of average players at best. It's been said but if we open up with this group of players we'll be murdered by most teams in the division, so the sensible option is exactly what he's doing.

If he gets 5 years in the job and a decent amount of backing do you think we'll still be playing the same game at home? Well I mean we probably will be but we'll be controlling it better and dominating more.

More excuses...... :lol:

Anyway I want to see 4-3-3 tomorrow, all out attack. I hope he has the players watching the 5-0 dvd.

I'll settle for that too as long as we don't play it on Sunday mate  :D

With todays squad against man utd all out attack we would look like we did under Charlie Mitten when we got relegated scoring 86 goals but conceding 109.