Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest firetotheworks

Taking it ffs. He's a professional and he's knows how and when to play games and he knows that that time isn't now, that's what you need to grasp.

Sounds like he is quite content with been shafted. If mclaren or pardew said them quotes they would be crucified. Have some dignity and go Rafa. What happened to all the " Rafa won't let them take the piss" etc.

He's gave up 2 summers for nowt he's been messed around more than anyone before him

Shut up, He’s a smart guy, we have a game in less than 24hours and the majority of the fans get it already. He’s concentrating on the game and that’s it

The game means fuck all though whilst Ashley is here why won't people grasp that

Yeah silly us, you are the only one that really sees what’s going on. Benítez has a job to do and he’ll do it. He is far from happy but he has to get his squad ready and playing for each other. If Rafa came out moaning then that’s the players excuses right there

Guest firetotheworks

Canny funny how you're going on like everyone else is blind to something, when it's actually you that can't see that it would be outright stupidity if Rafa came out and outright said he was leaving at the end of what's going to be a difficult season, that would be even more difficult with everyone knowing he's definitely not staying.

Yeah let's all just get on with getting 17th and guess who wins again. Tear it all down and a relegation might help get rid of Ashley

Fucking hell, take a breath. I can’t be fucked with this season either but Rafa is a professional. He’s not a kid about to throw the toys out the pram coz he didn’t get the latest fidget spinner or something :lol:

Stockholm syndrome at its finest.

Yep. Very dissapointed in him. Been shafted and just takes it. Keep mike on the gravy train. I reckon he will sign a new deal as well and be here for another 2/3 years of this. Just been happy working miracles to finish mid table

Send him £6m to help him walk then mate.

Not to mention a years salary he would be missing out on so £10million is nearer the true figure. Anyone who says they would hand over that sort of money to MA or anyone else for that matter is a fucking liar. Just give it a rest man.

Stockholm syndrome at its finest.

Yep. Very dissapointed in him. Been shafted and just takes it. Keep mike on the gravy train. I reckon he will sign a new deal as well and be here for another 2/3 years of this. Just been happy working miracles to finish mid table

fucking pull yourself together man, if there's anyone that doesn't deserve criticism it's rafa

jesus christ man

Canny funny how you're going on like everyone else is blind to something, when it's actually you that can't see that it would be outright stupidity if Rafa came out and outright said he was leaving at the end of what's going to be a difficult season, that would be even more difficult with everyone knowing he's definitely not staying.

I get that. What is there to lose though? I'm at the point staying up means Ashley wins and going down might help me the start of getting rid of him

You going along tomorrow tubes. I think you need a release - genuine suggestion

Yes. Although I don't want to be turning out for a Saturday with my mate and his dad angry and pissed off which is how I will be. Not fair on anybody. The usual routine is a can on the train up talking about the match and team etc. As it stands I can't even be bothered to even listen to anything to do with the football side of it

Guest firetotheworks

I get that. What is there to lose though? I'm at the point staying up means Ashley wins and going down might help me the start of getting rid of him

If you got it you'd know what there is to lose. :lol: The affect on the players, the staff around the club, the support, the extra criticism for coming out and saying it. Rafa's the manager, not a fan who's had 11 years of this shit and is so desperate for change that they actively want the club to fail so that Ashley will cut his losses, he's not going to deliberately vandalise the club in that way, he wants to do the best that he can with what he has, and then at the end of the contract, we already know that he'll leave, but he's not going to say that now and be any sort of reason for the club not doing the best it can do.

There's a few reasons he won't walk, if that6million clause is true that'll play a part. His honour and not walking on contracts, his hope that a buyout does come along ( wonder if he is in touch still as it seems like he was early before any media last time round). It'll be a mix of things rather than one reason.

Tubes need to have a few deep breaths here. Rafa literally has 3 options:

1. Walk, and pay the fat man £6m.

2. Stay and moan for the whole season, turning the Non-NUFC footballing world against you and therefore in favour of Ashley.

3. Stay and get on with the job, pray for a takeover and that doesn't materialise then walk off into the sun and tee off freely once your contract has expired.

Rafa clearly has a policy of saying as little as possible to the press, he knows what it's like to be part of a media circus from Liverpool, Chelsea, and Madrid, and he doesn't think it helps him do his job. That's how I see it anyway.

Fair enough. Basically it's hope the 1% chance of a takeover happens otherwise it's another year of Ashley but plus moyes allardyce etc.

I just don't see any reason why I should even feel anything and enjoy any wins knowing there is absolutely no hope or anything good at the end

I’m here tbh but then Rafa isn’t one of us really.

Fair enough. Basically it's hope the 1% chance of a takeover happens otherwise it's another year of Ashley but plus moyes allardyce etc.

I just don't see any reason why I should even feel anything and enjoy any wins knowing there is absolutely no hope or anything good at the end

I’m here tbh but then Rafa isn’t one of us really.

:huff:

If we do get a takeover, better to be safe rather than in a relegation scrap, there's a reason.

Guest firetotheworks

Use that energy that would be wasted anyway to protest then. That's what many of us are doing as a way to do whatever we can to change things, regardless of how desperate it might seem.

I know for a fact that that £6m clause isn't true by the way. It was in the first 12 months of his contract, but not now.

That's really odd, because I know for a fact it is true :lol:

i remembered reading a while back it applied to the first 2 seasons but not the last :lol: