Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

"Benitez did not reject the idea at first but he was not convinced about ploughing a big fee into the striker knowing that other areas needed improving."

From the Chronicle, which backs up what I said on the previous page. Benitez felt all that money could be spread across multiple positions, and CF was the least of his concerns if he could sign Rondon for good. Which is absolutely within his right and experience to think that.

should have used a quote but was really replying to the daft twat saying that joelinton would be a test of rafa’s wisdom !

I mean Rafa wanted Rondon at 16 million and then to invest the rest in other areas. Perfectly fine idea.

but he didnt think joelinton was a good deal so this is a real test of his wisdom. apparently

probably rightly terrified of a) what money he would have left after spending that much on one player and/or b) who would be sold to fund it

I mean Rafa wanted Rondon at 16 million and then to invest the rest in other areas. Perfectly fine idea.

Instead it will be Joelinton + a few loans/free transfers. Not so fine idea.

Rafa reportedly didn't think Joelinton was a good deal. I guess now his wisdom will be put to the test.

George Caulkin has already said Rafa “Liked Him” and that it was more a cost issue.

Would Rafa have signed Joelinton if Perez left under him via the £30million clause?

I’d assume probably in that/our situation.

should have used a quote but was really replying to the daft twat saying that joelinton would be a test of rafa’s wisdom !

It might prove that his wisdom was right. In fact going off Joelinton's stats you would probably bet that way tbh.

It might prove that his wisdom was right. In fact going off Joelinton's stats you would probably bet that way tbh.

His potential is far better than his stats suggest though.

Scary talent.

should have used a quote but was really replying to the daft t*** saying that joelinton would be a test of rafa’s wisdom !

Scary talent.

You an expert scout?

He is only 83 potential on fifa :yao:

should have used a quote but was really replying to the daft t*** saying that joelinton would be a test of rafa’s wisdom !

Scary talent.

You an expert scout?

He is only 83 potential on fifa :yao:

I just bet on a lot of European matches so I’ve watched a few of his.

He’s far more talented than his stats suggest.

Yet to find his defining role though

I’ll be surprised if he hits the ground running ala Papiss Cisse.

Guest Yerdas El Savon

Reckon Rondon would’ve cost way more than the reported 16.5m in the end with an added sign on fer and massive wages. Even if he is a cracking player there is a reason no other PL club signed him.

Reckon Rondon would’ve cost way more than the reported 16.5m in the end with an added sign on fer and massive wages. Even if he is a cracking player there is a reason no other PL club signed him.

eee do clubs have to pay players sign on fees and wages ? well i never !

Guest Yerdas El Savon

eee do clubs have to pay players sign on fees and wages ? well i never !

That’s poor eee

just such a nothing post man. of course he would have cost more than the transfer fee. the same as joelinton will have done

Guest Yerdas El Savon

He had a great season at NUFC and he is turning 30. Of course he’d want one last payday and in the end he got it.

Guest Gonzo

Pure nonsense to suggest Rafa didn’t want Joelinton. He’s an upgrade on either Perez or Rondon and fits the profile of a pressing forward who does all the donkey work. As if he’d turn that down.

The reality is that he got an offer he couldn’t turn down financially and was always going to leave.

Plus I’m beginning to suspect that the players didn’t particularly like playing for him. Respected him yes, but too many instructions for their poor brains.

Ignoring the interview quotes from the likes of Lascelles, Ritchie, Shelvey, Dummett etc, the fact Hayden has done a complete U-Turn is telling.

Guest chopey

Pure nonsense to suggest Rafa didn’t want Joelinton. He’s an upgrade on either Perez or Rondon and fits the profile of a pressing forward who does all the donkey work. As if he’d turn that down.

The reality is that he got an offer he couldn’t turn down financially and was always going to leave.

Plus I’m beginning to suspect that the players didn’t particularly like playing for him. Respected him yes, but too many instructions for their poor brains.

Ignoring the interview quotes from the likes of Lascelles, Ritchie, Shelvey, Dummett etc, the fact Hayden has done a complete U-Turn is telling.

That you Edwards?

Guest Gonzo

Ha! No.

I don’t share those views on Rafa, I think he’s the best manager we’ve had apart from KK & SBR.

But it’s very possible the players don’t feel quite the same way as the supporters do..

A good example would be a bunch of much more talented players actively trying to undermine Sir Bobby. They’re not the most intelligent bunch, professional footballers. Situations are relevant, if they didn’t like being challenged technically by a meticulous manager like Rafa, it would be the same thing as coming into work for us and having a dickhead boss hovering over us and finding fault with everything we did. We’d soon hate coming into work.

It’s not unfeasible to think a core group of players who had access to Charnley or Mike Ashley made it known that they would prefer a more easy going coach?

Maybe it was the fact that he'd only be here for a year and therefore wouldn't help him in his long term project.

Guest Gonzo

Maybe it was the fact that he'd only be here for a year and therefore wouldn't help him in his long term project.

China?

Ha! No.

I don’t share those views on Rafa, I think he’s the best manager we’ve had apart from KK & SBR.

But it’s very possible the players don’t feel quite the same way as the supporters do..

A good example would be a bunch of much more talented players actively trying to undermine Sir Bobby. They’re not the most intelligent bunch, professional footballers. Situations are relevant, if they didn’t like being challenged technically by a meticulous manager like Rafa, it would be the same thing as coming into work for us and having a dickhead boss hovering over us and finding fault with everything we did. We’d soon hate coming into work.

It’s not unfeasible to think a core group of players who had access to Charnley or Mike Ashley made it known that they would prefer a more easy going coach?

Garbage.

Exactly what Lee and Mike want you to think/buy.

Luke Edwards seems to have done a number on a few fans :laugh:

Ha! No.

Garbage.

Exactly what Lee and Mike want you to think/buy.

Luke Edwards seems to have done a number on a few fans :laugh:

The last time the players formed a group and tried to make things happen, the manager was sacked for allowing it to happen and IIRC all but one of those players were gone by the following summer. Not sure how much credence MA pays to players' wants or desires.