Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Getting the exclusive generally means price agreed and agreement will be in place / contract negotiating. Would be f***ing excited if I heard that.

That was my feeling [emoji106]

Always within context of we have to deal with MA!

Getting the exclusive generally means price agreed and agreement will be in place / contract negotiating. Would be f***ing excited if I heard that.

Who has the exclusive/what does this mean?

No buyer has the exclusive to this deal currently. But it means that the Seller has an agreement on price and most terms in place with Buyer and is legally bound to the contract to only work on the deal with the Buyer and not solicit any more offers or negotiate with anyone else.

No buyer has the exclusive to this deal currently. But it means that the Seller has an agreement on price and most terms in place with Buyer and is legally bound to the contract to only work on the deal with the Buyer and not solicit any more offers or negotiate with anyone else.

Oh I see. Got too excited there!

Oh I see. Got too excited there!

Yeah I would be excited if the word came out that a price is agreed and PCP is working exclusively on the deal. Would mean they are working on a contract and working to a closing date.

Deal could still fall out of contract for various reasons but would have to likely be material in nature that it would harm the economics of the deal or someone defaulted on their obligations and covenant (like misrepresenting information etc). You’d assume the heavy up front diligence would mitigate this.

Staveley wants a relegation clause. Substantial amount refunded should we go down. This all sound ridiculous now.

Like buying a house not paying for a thorough survey finding your roof is fucked then claiming you want half your money back, get real.

You buy something in the knowledge it is a club that has just been promoted and there is a risk, fund the fucking thing! Are we now going to end up with the female equivalent of Ashley?

Staveley wants a relegation clause. Substantial amount refunded should we go down. This all sound ridiculous now.

Like buying a house not paying for a thorough survey finding your roof is fucked then claiming you want half your money back, get real.

You buy something in the knowledge it is a club that has just been promoted and there is a risk, fund the fucking thing! Are we now going to end up witj the female equivalent of Ashley?

The relegation refund term is almost certainly a tactical sacrificial term.  When proposing a deal such as this you almost always include things you are prepared to give up so you have a better chance of keeping the things you want to keep.

It's also possible the relegation clause is there in case the penalties from any tax findings result in a relegation of the club (e.g. if the case goes against the club and the FA enact a points penalty that sends the club down).

If it's relegation clause linked to the HMRC investigation, that seems perfectly reasonable.  Less so if it's purely performance based.

Agreed, why take on a risk that was not of your making without reparations.  Seems sensible and could be a stumbling block or a negotiating token, who knows

You buy something in the knowledge it is a club that has just been promoted and there is a risk, fund the fucking thing! Are we now going to end up with the female equivalent of Ashley?

If we're relegated because of dodgy tax dealings, she'd obviously have a few complaints about that.

If we're relegated because of dodgy tax dealings, she'd obviously have a few complaints about that.

Sky are reporting it nothing to do with hmrc and dodgy stuff.

About Rafa and the playing squad needing to reach targets.

She better get her hands in her mates pockets then. Bacause the poor bastard needs about 5 players in January to guarantee no relegation. Factor in losing Key players to injury and suspension,our cover isnt the best.

Guest firetotheworks

Always makes me laugh whenever anything like this happens...

experts-experts-everywhere-js9bx8.jpg?w=600

:thup:

Along with the insistence that 'THEY KNOW NOTHING MAN' about every single journalist that has ever existed anywhere ever.

Sky are reporting it nothing to do with hmrc and dodgy stuff.

About Rafa and the playing squad needing to reach targets.

She better get her hands in her mates pockets then. Bacause the poor bastard needs about 5 players in January to guarantee no relegation. Factor in losing Key players to injury and suspension,our cover isnt the best.

Yeah, sky have all of the details. They're speculating as much as we are man!