Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ashley's Sky interview was basically a "come and get it" appeal. The publicly declared "you can have it on installments" made his multimillion pound business sound like new shag pile from Carpet Warehouse. So he either wants to sell or is on some massive p*ss take for his own amusement. Given the people he surrounds himself with and the comments about business deals in pubs and vomiting into fireplaces, it is extremely unlikely that he is deep enough for the latter.

PCP making an offer means there are no skeletons in the closet to scare anyone off. Ashley said himself he doesn't need the cash up front, so there is leeway for a deal to be made. With the squad's paucity increasingly on show, Ashley might be wise to sell up before more damage is done.

There's a scary third option. He's dangling us out there at a higher than market price in the hope of making a killing, if no-one bites, so be it, he carries on as we are.

Nobody’s mentioning the debt because it’s factored into what Ashley’s all in of 250m from Sky interview (or whatever) and these offers have to be inclusive of everything IMO.

Of course they are. I'm surprised some are thinking the debt may be outside the price.

Nobody’s mentioning the debt because it’s factored into what Ashley’s all in of 250m from Sky interview (or whatever) and these offers have to be inclusive of everything IMO.

Of course they are. I'm surprised some are thinking the debt may be outside the price.

Same here. Actually thought it was obvious. Guess not?

So nda’s were signed and there was basically radio silence for about 2 months.. then tonight for some reason both sides just all of a sudden took to twitter to air their beef?

Nope. Am havin none of this. It doesn’t add up to the behaviour of respectable business people. (Which I am referring to PCP and their investors.. not Mike Ashley)

More I think of it the more this has all the hoof prints of Ashley’s goons from start to finish. But why? Why now?

There’s a story in there somewhere, I’m sure if that much.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/022/524/tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

b09ddc0c2372f9c2143d2a5387831ab1.jpeg

This little slump we are going through may help push this through, surely Ashley can see major investment in the squad is needed in January, even to get to a comfortable mid table position. He's shown in the past how reluctant he is to do that kind of thing, one comment he made in his pre-season rant was about not wanting to go  down again. The single most assured way to avoid that is to sell up, I honestly don't think he has the appetite for another relegation battle, if he can't come to an agreement with this lot, he's all but signing up for one again as Rafa will be out of the door.

So, where we're at is a bid has been made but the figure of £300m is inaccurate. Presumably it's a lot less than that. We don't know what that offer is, and Ashley's lawyers have yet to respond.

Sounds like we're into the real bargaining phase, but if MA receives a bid anywhere near the £300m mark he'd be absolutely mousey if he didn't accept it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to the Independent, the funding may be coming from the Far East, not the Middle East, which does not suggest a sugardaddy in the wings. And as we're talking about a managed fund, it's likely that those investors will expect some sort of return on their money.

I think if it wasn't for Ashley's unpopularity, the mood music on here would be quite different.

According to the Independent, the funding may be coming from the Far East, not the Middle East, which does not suggest a sugardaddy in the wings. And as we're talking about a managed fund, it's likely that those investors will expect some sort of return on their money.

I think if it wasn't for Ashley's unpopularity, the mood music on here would be quite different.

A bit glass half empty. But if any of that turns out to be accurate, then you could be right.

Still, a chance to get rid of Ashley is too good to be true.

They won't make a return on their money unless they run us correctly, as we'll be in the Championship missing the sky money.

Either way, I want Ashley gone, full stop.